• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are some weird things you've noticed?

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    How do guys like in the Battle Frontier get their hands on legendary Pokemon when many of them are supposedly one of a kind?

That is both irritating in the games and the anime(pretty much stopped watching after the Hoenn region, although it's still somewhat appealing, especially the older episodes). It's even worse in the sense that some of the rules of frontiers, etc. state that you aren't allowed to use legendaries...seriously?

*gazes at some of the frontier brains especially*

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • My Charmeleon in SS is sleep walking right now. I'm a little disturbed. :(

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Another one I just thought of...
    How does a pokemon use Self Destruct and Explosion, and yet the only thing that happens to them is they get knocked out.

Mikaruge

alternate dimension
    Years
  • When you make eye contact with a trainer, you should battle them, right? But here's one thing I find strange. Example, you are walking in a forest with a trainer looking down to you while you look left/right and the trainer challenges you.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    The evil people battles fair and square when all they have to do is eliminate you with conventional methods?

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    1. How does Dugtrio use Slash? It has no arms. O.O

2. Exactly HOW blind are the professors in these games? Can't they SEE what gender you are if they're STARING AT YOU?

3. Exactly how do these criminal organizations (e.g Team Rocket) with hundreds of grunts get completely destroyed by a 10 year old kid?

LeafeonxxEeveexxEspeon

Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • Ground-types can learn Mud Sport. Electric isn't even affective on them...?
    Same goes for Electric-types learning it, or Water-types learning Water Sport. It makes no sense.
    Another thing... I don't understand why Grass-types learn Sunny Day, or Fire-types Rain Dance? Who is that helping?
    Ah, the useless, nonsensical logic of Pokémon...

zombie101

Woah
    Years
  • 1. How does Dugtrio use Slash? It has no arms. O.O

2. Exactly HOW blind are the professors in these games? Can't they SEE what gender you are if they're STARING AT YOU?

3. Exactly how do these criminal organizations (e.g Team Rocket) with hundreds of grunts get completely destroyed by a 10 year old kid?
    .1 the spikes on its back?

2. well the game dosent use a camera but maybe if there is a 3ds pokemon game it will use a camera to pick your gender.

3.the grunts just randomly catch what the find so they use em. :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    .1 the spikes on its back?

2. well the game dosent use a camera but maybe if there is a 3ds pokemon game it will use a camera to pick your gender.

3.the grunts just randomly catch what the find so they use em. :D

1. Ummm... what spikes?

What are some weird things you've noticed?

2. Yeah, I know the game has to figure out what gender you are. But it seems a bit silly when they make it look like the professor is either blind or doesn't know what a "boy" is. They did it right in Crystal version by asking at a blank screen.

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Whenever you use a fire type move on a pokemon MADE IF grass or wood you would think that unless they dove into water they would burn up completely.

Pokemon can stand an insane amout of damage, literally be burned, poisoned, kicked, punched, paaralyzed, and slammed into the ground. (Not really a gaming examplebut still...)

Why people/kids/PRESCHOOLERS stand outside all day and night waiting for you to come along and battle with them.

A VERY high piece of tech called a pokeball costs around...$2.62 American Dollars. (.0131(yen)x 200)

Back