• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What are the symbols? DPPt? DPP? DPt?

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
Years
  • the people that are a bit confused about DPPt havent been dealing with chemistry (NaCl , He, MgSO4, etc) very much, otherwise it should come naturally to figure out what it is.

That small bit of information can commonly be misplaced for people who haven't dealt with Chemistry since school. (which is the case for me, but when you think of Pokemon, you don't subsequently think of the Periodic Table) Chemistry would be the last thing on my mind, when talking about Pokemon, to be honest.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
  • That small bit of information can commonly be misplaced for people who haven't dealt with Chemistry since school. (which is the case for me, but when you think of Pokemon, you don't subsequently think of the Periodic Table) Chemistry would be the last thing on my mind, when talking about Pokemon, to be honest.

Im not saying that you should be thinking about chemistry while playing pokemon, just that the format DPPt shouldn't confuse you because you would have been exposed to that logic

MasterZman

The Shadow...
    Years
  • ?

I think its DPP?
    Or is it PPD?

Ok i really think its DPP
    DPPt dosen't make any sence onless there is a Pokemon Titanium?

Last edited:

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
  • I've been browing many websites about Pokemon Platinum, and when these websites talk about all three games, they use many different ways of abbreviation?

Which one is the CORRECT one, if there is one?

I prefer DPt, since that is the name of the new Japanese TCG set. But for the games, is it different?

Thanks, and sorry if this was supposed to go the general Pokemon thread.
    DPPt? DPP? DPt?

DDP- DIAMOND PEARL PLATINUM
    DPPT- diamond pearl platinum trading cards
    DPT- diamond pearl tradeing cards

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I just use D/P/P. Force of habit to use three letters, for one thing, but most people still get it even without that "t".

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
  • In the grand scheme of life, does it really matter whether it's DPP or DPPt? no, not really, as different people have different abbreviations for things no matter what it is. And whoever said the t in DPPt meant trading cards is retarded. However, incase no one else noticed, this thread really has no point anymore as the creator has deemed its purpose completed.

Years
  • I would be using DPP, but in most places I've seen it as DPPt, or with slashes in between. I'm not really fussed either way, though.

Years
  • Why not call it IV as in Gen IV? I guess if you called it that people might think you are talking about other stuff related to the Gen and not just the DS games.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I'm fine with all of them except DPt. I get why the lower-case "t" is used, but it could be easily misread as just "Diamond and Platinum," excluding Pearl. And, if we start using Pt for Platinum, that means we have to refer to the Gen. 2 games, G/S/C, as Au/Ag/C, and use the actual chemistry abbreviations for those games just as we did for Platinum. And that would be weird (sort of).
    Then again, the only reason we're using "Pt" in Gen. 4 is because 2 of the 3 games in Gen. 4 start with the same letter (for the first time ever in any Gen), which could cause confusion. But it sort of shouldn't matter because D/P/P includes Pearl and Platinum, regardless of order. Pt should probably be used only when pairing Diamond with either Pearl or Platinum, without mentioning the excluded third game.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I preferably use D/P/P but it's up to you really. Although DPPt is quite tempting as it is easy to write. I think DPPt.

Back