• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV What are you currently watching?

Years
  • I did watch an episode of "All Grown Up" earlier (The Rugrats spin-off/continuation that featured Tommy and the gang as adolescents), I do think it is an underrated show, and I enjoy it more than I do the 2021 Rugrats reboot.

pkmin3033

OK. The 200th episode of Supernatural is by far the best milestone episode of a show I've seen since Stargate SG-1's 200th, and between those two I'm having a hard time deciding which one was better. I haven't laughed this hard at a live action show since...probably since that episode. I'm generally very keen on musical episodes and/or episodes that just break the fourth wall to pieces, but Supernatural has been very hit-and-miss with its attempts to do this thus far. It definitely nailed it with this episode. The only way they could have possibly made it better would have been if it had been like Buffy's musical episode.

All of the bad episodes I sat through to reach this point - and there have been plenty of those, and the entire seventh fucking season - were more than worth it for this.

I know, I'm very late to the party with this show. But I hate watching things whilst they're airing and I was never entirely sure if this was going to be something that would resonate with me.

I still have five more seasons left and I am pretty happy about this!

Years
  • Finally getting round to watching seasons 2 & 3 of The Orville. I loved the first season, hopefully the next two are also good!

Just a pity it's a Seth MacFarlane show 😔

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Finished Becoming Elizabeth yesterday. The finale was amazing... pity they cut it off there, because I'm not sure I'm ready for yet another season of possibly the worst portrayal of Elizabeth I I've seen so far. Give Mary a spinoff about her reign though - Romola Garai absolutely killed it in the role!

And just as I predicted, I sorta dropped Star Trek: Discovery at season 3. The show got really, really weird after...
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Trailer for the new season of Archer got me watching the last one again, still funny 12 seasons in which is impressive!

Also been listening to the It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia podcast, might go back through watch some of the ones they highlight as favourites. In particular its reminding me how strong Season 2 was, I remember when I first got into it I binged it so fast I figured I was laughing hardest S5-6, but some of my favourites are actually early ones!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    The Punisher, Season 2. When they announced the cancellations of the "Netflix MCU" I was gutted, particularly as Luke Cage s2 ended on a really interesting note. but basically stopped watching after Daredevil. So I'm now in the stage of my rewatch where I get to some stuff I actually haven't seen! Iron Fist 2 shocked me by actually being fairly watchable, I actually like Punisher's first year less on a first watch, more this time around. So I was surprised again when the first episode was pretty great, actually!

Years
    • Age 20
    • He/they
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Daria. This is a show I've been meaning to finish for a long time, but Paramount Plus refused to load any episodes until a few days ago.

American Dad is another one I've been watching through.

Years
    • Age 20
    • He/they
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Also watching The Good Place. I don't like US comedy usually but that show is so cleverly written with such an interesting premise (especially for a philosophy graduate like me).
    As someone who generally dislikes live-action, I completely agree. I loved that show.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Finished Star Trek: Discovery up until the latest season. Season 4 was just... hell no. It was so bad, I doubt I'll even touch Season 5. I know I said I planned to jump ship when Pike departed to Strange New Worlds (heh) at the end of Season 2, but hey, there was nothing else on, so I gave it a go. Now I wish I hadn't.

On the bright side, I'm rewatching Strange New Worlds, now with a lot of plot holes from Discovery filled in! I like it even more on a second watch despite my opinions on the characters not having changed that much. Ooohhhhh Captain, my Captain! ❤️ Also, spoilery notes:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    The Punisher, Season 2. When they announced the cancellations of the "Netflix MCU" I was gutted, particularly as Luke Cage s2 ended on a really interesting note. but basically stopped watching after Daredevil. So I'm now in the stage of my rewatch where I get to some stuff I actually haven't seen! Iron Fist 2 shocked me by actually being fairly watchable, I actually like Punisher's first year less on a first watch, more this time around. So I was surprised again when the first episode was pretty great, actually!

So I finished that. It was great! Preferred it to the first season - something never quite vibed with me on that one, even before the (appropriately, but uncomfortably) brutal final fight.

Started Jessica Jones S3...which is a little more meh. I don't know if its just because the first season had the one of the best villains in the MCU or what but I'm a lot less keen on this one (although Trish's arc is kinda interesting - actually showing how insane you have to be to want to be a "superhero" i.e. vigilante).

She-Hulk is good so far too! Loving the sneaky Eternals reference I missed (a link: "Why there is a statue of a man sticking out of the ocean" briefly appears on a computer screen!). J intended to start Welcome to Wrexham but got distracted by Rush Hour 1 & 2 expiring off Netflix in a few days.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Started Jessica Jones S3...which is a little more meh. I don't know if its just because the first season had the one of the best villains in the MCU or what but I'm a lot less keen on this one (although Trish's arc is kinda interesting - actually showing how insane you have to be to want to be a "superhero" i.e. vigilante)./QUOTE]

...and it apears to be a serial killer arc. Probably a pass. I don't mind the occasional movie (No desire to watch Se7en again but it was good, as was The Batman) but 13 hours of it is too much.

Back