• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: What are you hoping for?

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    this right here

Dexnav was designed for ORAS only as far as i am aware. SM never had it so i don't expect USUM to have it. Alola games have island scan for pokemon not normally found. We have sos battles for hidden abilities and good stat pokemon. Dexnav is basically not needed.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    In the video, I remember Masuda saying something about having more features and content to make it truly feel like an "ultra" title. If they plan on implementing past features like what some people are saying, there's only one that I want really bad: Secret Bases. Secret Bases would be so awesome to have in a region like Alola. Soaring would be cool too, like make it to where you would Soar with the Charizard Pokeride instead of using the Lati@s.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    In the video, I remember Masuda saying something about having more features and content to make it truly feel like an "ultra" title. If they plan on implementing past features like what some people are saying, there's only one that I want really bad: Secret Bases. Secret Bases would be so awesome to have in a region like Alola. Soaring would be cool too, like make it to where you would Soar with the Charizard Pokeride instead of using the Lati@s.

Doubt it. Secret bases are more of a hoenn feature (sinnoh too if you count underground bases). Soaring was made exclusively for ORAS like Dexnav so i don't see it returning.

pkmin3033

In terms of region expansion, one thing I would hope they would incorporate would be the ability to Surf between islands. It would be nice if the world actually felt seamless this time, rather than like a stage-based platformer. I would hope the Surf Pokerides get a little more utility this time around. Flying does seem unlikely, at least to me, but Surfing seems entirely plausible. It's not like that would be a new or exclusive thing, after all.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Doubt it. Secret bases are more of a hoenn feature (sinnoh too if you count underground bases). Soaring was made exclusively for ORAS like Dexnav so i don't see it returning.

I thought this thread was about what you would hope for, not what you think will or won't happen. You're starting to come off as kinda rude the way you're shooting down people's posts like that. True, there is really no use for Dexnav to come back since SM has it's own feature similar to it, but Secret Bases are totally different and I don't see why they shouldn't return.

pkmin3033

It'd be great if DexNav DID return, because Island Scan was a poor replacement for it...much like Festival Plaza was a poor replacement for PSS. If they're not going to reintroduce certain features, I certainly hope they improve upon the ones they introduced to take their place...

...the thing is, GF never do. So it's not surprising people wish for older systems. They were better.

Years
    It'd be great if DexNav DID return, because Island Scan was a poor replacement for it...much like Festival Plaza was a poor replacement for PSS. If they're not going to reintroduce certain features, I certainly hope they improve upon the ones they introduced to take their place...

...the thing is, GF never do. So it's not surprising people wish for older systems. They were better.

I didn't mind Island Scan, but I can understand the Festival Plaza controversy. It's like every new generation tends to get a much inferior feature than what the last gen had, though considering US/UM are pretty much a third version/enhanced pair we're going to still be stuck with what we have until 8th Gen.

pkmin3033

I didn't mind Island Scan, but I can understand the Festival Plaza controversy. It's like every new generation tends to get a much inferior feature than what the last gen had, though considering US/UM are pretty much a third version/enhanced pair we're going to still be stuck with what we have until 8th Gen.
    It seems likely, but it wouldn't kill them to improve it so that it's actually functional. Or complement it with something that IS functional so we can just sidestep it entirely.

Regarding Island Scan...it just wasn't as comprehensive, in my opinion. Having it time-based is bothersome, too. Getting some Pokemon to appear with the DexNav could be annoying, but at least I could do it whenever I chose on whatever day I chose. I can think of better ways to use QR codes, too...

Years
    Regarding Island Scan...it just wasn't as comprehensive, in my opinion. Having it time-based is bothersome, too. Getting some Pokemon to appear with the DexNav could be annoying, but at least I could do it whenever I chose on whatever day I chose. I can think of better ways to use QR codes, too...

I do admit being time-based was an issue for Island Scan as well, but it did have positives with being an incentive to scan QR Codes, even ones you see on everyday products because you're intrigued with what Pokemon is contained in it.

But I do hope US/UM will have more stuff unlocked with scanning QR Codes. I feel it won't happen, but I can still dream about it.

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
    Years
    Firstly I hope they don't try to force in a bad story (at least stop dumping boring, unnecessary dialouge, and let us learn about the characters ourselves), and instead focus on building a cool world to discover. Pokemon (in my eyes) should focus on its core of being a game about exploring and catching cool monsters, which is something that the games have strayed progressively further away from over time. hope gyms return, Sun and Moon didn't really feel like Pokemon games to me with the absence of a series staple. A seamless world (surfing between islands) would make the game feel alot more "whole" and not like a world based platformer a la Mario.

Other smaller complaints include:
    Getting rid of the stupid ride gear, I want to role play as a Pokemon trainer, not as a 8 year old with an overprotective mother. Along with more Pokemon to ride, not one in each category.

Make the map simpler, in my experience, games with a simple/clean map tend to feel grander in scale, as it is up to the player to discover what lies ahead, using a map as a simple guide.

Cool it on the 3D level design, the hardware limitations of the 3DS force the world to be small, but the scale of the player model to the environment make it seem much smaller than it should be, and the routes were also much too complicated, only adding to is scale issue.

Razoozle

Charmander!
    Years
    I would like to see gyms, as this is taking place after the events of SM correct?
    Back in X/Y there was an NPC that said
    Spoiler:
    and in previous games there have been hints to features in games released in the future, that would be a funny little mechanic if that became a thing.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I thought this thread was about what you would hope for, not what you think will or won't happen. You're starting to come off as kinda rude the way you're shooting down people's posts like that. True, there is really no use for Dexnav to come back since SM has it's own feature similar to it, but Secret Bases are totally different and I don't see why they shouldn't return.

No i am not. I am being realistic and i know what this thread is about. You are rude for accusing someone of being rude for no reason or proof.

Secret bases don't fit in with alola and it's traditions. They are another hoenn feature that is likely to stay in hoenn.

Old features returning in very unlikely. Expect to see new ones which are far more likely.

I would like to see gyms, as this is taking place after the events of SM correct?
    Back in X/Y there was an NPC that said A device that lets you become a Pokemon... Would anyone want to do that? and in previous games there have been hints to features in games released in the future, that would be a funny little mechanic if that became a thing.
    Gyms are unlikely. They go against alola traditions. Trials are the alola version of gyms. Also I do not believe they would make a device to turn you into a pokemon. Too farfetch'd in my opinion. Mystery dungeon basically had your character turned into a pokemon anyway.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Gyms are unlikely. They go against alola traditions. Trials are the alola version of gyms. Also I do not believe they would make a device to turn you into a pokemon. Too farfetch'd in my opinion. Mystery dungeon basically had your character turned into a pokemon anyway.

In SM, they are literally in the process of establishing a League system. Also, what are those empty plots scattered throughout Alola supposed to be that serve no purpose? USM is supposed to be an alternate reality to SM according to Masuda, so it's very possible that we could get Gyms in some shape or form.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Alexander, we don't need a reality check in here.

After finishing the game, I definitely want Trial Island to be less of a trial island. That really ruined the flow at the beginning. Not sure if they can do a skip the tutorial-option, but just decreasing the length of the guided opening would be fine.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017

After finishing the game, I definitely want Trial Island to be less of a trial island. That really ruined the flow at the beginning. Not sure if they can do a skip the tutorial-option, but just decreasing the length of the guided opening would be fine.

I don't need you to reply to me. I never said you all needed a reality check. Stop making up stuff about me and reply to others only.

Anyway i don't expect gyms to be in USUM even if it is an alternate universe. More trials maybe.

Years

I do hope we get less tutorials at the start, because I felt Melemele was a huge chore to get through solely due to tutorials getting you everywhere.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
    Don't try to reply to Alexander like that guys... he'll just brush you off... He's very adamant :D

Anyway, would it be too much to get different (or customizable) ride Pokemon. The Machamp thing was funny at the beginning yes, but my character has dignity and probably doesn't want to be caried bridal style by a freakin Machamp.

Back