• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you not listening to?

Years
  • I'm gonna say it right now:

I don't hate Anaconda. It is stupid, and works itself around perhaps the most iconic butt song of all time (Baby Got Back, which, honestly, is something you can blame for all the booty booty booty hip-hop we've had), and it doesn't help with the "skinny b***hes" line near the end and her stupid laugh. But you know what? Unlike certain other songs of Nicki's (looking at you, Starships and Stupid Hoe), Anaconda is, to me, at least...interestingly bad. You know, the kind of bad you don't see every day. Or "so bad it's good". It's somewhat hard to put into perspective, but I think even Nicki herself has said that it's not something to be taken seriously.

The next single from The Pinkprint, though, "Only"? With guest verses from Lil Wayne and Drake then a chorus by Chris Brown? Now THAT song blows.

Sir Codin

I don't get what the big deal everyone is making about BABYMETAL.

It's just J-pop passing itself off as metal and there's nothing less metal than three gothic lolitas who could pass off as actual lolis.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • The Patient by Tool. I'm a huge fan of the band; I even consider Ænima to be my favorite album of all time. But dear god, is this song booooorrriiiinnggg.
    granted I haven't listened to Tool in a really long time but I always remembered that song being one of the stronger ones on Lateralus and having a really great build! now I have to relisten. doing so now.

yes this is the song I thought it was. I love this song, not gonna lie. (;

guitarhero01234

Coke Chugger
    Years
  • I haven't found too many people who do hate it as much as I do. :P I guess it's just one of those things. Then again, I'd take Undertow or 10,000 Days over Lateralus 9 times out of 10, so maybe I'm just a little biased.

Sir Codin

Tool is just one of those bands that I never ever got. Granted, they do have a few cool songs, like "Sober", "Intolerance", and "Vicarious", but I've never been able to sit through a single one of their albums.

Jayce

x-kid
    Years
  • If I never have to hear Iggy Azalea again I'll be happy. Even beyond the music, her whole persona just rubs me the wrong way.

Sir Codin

If Green Day could break up or better yet, just die, I'd be a happy man.

They're the reason punk music went from being anarchistic and controversial to being just some stupid emo B.S.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • If Green Day could break up or better yet, just die, I'd be a happy man.

They're the reason punk music went from being anarchistic and controversial to being just some stupid emo B.S.
    really I don't think that's true. granted, American Idiot and everything that came after has kind of bastardized "mainstream punk" (if such a thing isn't an oxymoron) and, I think at least, ushered in the new age of "scene" ****. but as far as their '90s stuff was considered, personally I like Dookie a lot and as far as I'm considered the Ramones were doing the exact same thing 15 years earlier but no one ever complains about them so. (and personally I'd take Dookie over the Ramones s/t any day of the week)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm not listening to Tove Lo or Love To or whatever her name is. Her song about sleeping in the tub, watching people have sex, vomiting, and staying high to forget someone just sounds gross and doesn't help the whole "legalize marijuana" thing. She has a track on the Mockingjay pt. 1 soundtrack that I skip because I just don't like her vibe or voice. Sorry bout'cha.

guitarhero01234

Coke Chugger
    Years
  • I don't really blame Green Day for ruining punk. I say that if anybody did, it's the modern "hardcore" and post-hardcore bands like Falling in Reverse, Asking Alexandria, and stuff like that. I much, much prefer old-school hardcore like Black Flag.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Same. I find her vibe really quite dull, and she's rather overrated (imo) amongst people I mix with. I really dislike FKA Twigs too, her vibes are too dull for me to enjoy and there's an air of her trying to convey something thats so far away from herself it's painful
    OMG FKA TWIGS. I legitimately cannot even begin to comprehend her success. there are 600 million other artists doing the same exact thing as her but way better, and some of the things she says are so absurd that I cannot even begin to take them seriously. Ugh

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Pick any major cultural media pop star in the US that's been a huge hit in the past decade and you will find that there is a lot of music I do not listen to.

Sir Codin

Whenever I hear Rihanna anywhere, the staff of wherever I'm at usually has to work overtime to remove all the blood.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I'm having trouble vibing with these responses because 90% of them are anti-Iggy Azalea and for no good reason. I won't pretend to stan Azalea, but her music is not so terrible. Not everything is innovative, but the song she did with Jennifer Hudson on Reclassified is really creative and catchy, as far as the music goes. Plus, I haven't heard Hudson on anything as of late and she's a refreshing voice to hear.

okay this isn't the Iggy thread sorry

I'm disliking anything from Ariana Grande's My Everything when it comes on shuffle. Why? I'm not really sure rofl but I skip Why Try and a couple others every time. is that bad? I love her, and she's great in Get On Your Knees from Pinkprint so it's really unjustified

I'm not listening to Tove Lo or Love To or whatever her name is. Her song about sleeping in the tub, watching people have sex, vomiting, and staying high to forget someone just sounds gross and doesn't help the whole "legalize marijuana" thing. She has a track on the Mockingjay pt. 1 soundtrack that I skip because I just don't like her vibe or voice. Sorry bout'cha.

that really sucks because I enjoyed the remix to Stay High a lot, and I really really like the normal version on Queen of the Clouds. maybe I listen for the chorus because I'm honestly not a huge fan of the lyrics either, but they're edgy and I like edgy artists so

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm disliking anything from Ariana Grande's My Everything when it comes on shuffle. Why? I'm not really sure rofl but I skip Why Try and a couple others every time. is that bad? I love her, and she's great in Get On Your Knees from Pinkprint so it's really unjustified

Looks like we're at an impasse, dear Dave. You like Tove Lo, and I love everything off My Everything, lol. Why Try isn't my favorite, but I really love the chorus. Break Your Heart Right Back is pretty fun and I love to sing it (I hope you never have to listen to it). AND HANDS ON ME IS MY ANTHEM EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT EVEN SEXUAL IT'S JUST SO GOOD.

u gotta com jam wit me dave

Also I'm not listening to that weird remixed Hanging Tree like why would you remix and make a pop song out of this sad song about lynching? I was confused to hear that on the radio a few weeks ago. lol

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Nicky Minaj (i dont even know now to spell it)
    Any songs with a lot i mean a lot of swearing which in my opinion destroys music when people swear a ton too look cool and make the song cool just uhh. If theres like 5 i can live of coarse though :)

Years
  • Of Billboard's ten biggest songs of 2014, All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor is the one that I think i'd want to hear the least. And no it is not because she says "skinny b***hes" and tells us "I know you think you're fat", but because her high-pitched voice on that is so annoying. And in the chorus when the phrase "all about that bass, bout that bass, no treble" gets hammered my head I just want to tune out. "Bass" is a very weird metaphor for booty or sex, if that's what she's talking. And she totally took off Justin Timberlake's "SexyBack" when she says she's "bringing booty back", am I right?

And yet I can actually get down to her follow-up, Lips are Movin'. It even makes references to the former song but it's nowhere near as annoying.

Back