• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you reading?

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
    HELLO. YOU NEED TO READ MORE.

In this thread: post what you are currently reading, what you have recently read and what you thought of it, ask for book recommendations, recommend books, etc. Please restore my faith in Pokécommunity by not letting this die in like two seconds.

I am reading One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez. I am liking it a whole lot for reasons I may or may not expound on later.

I kind of want someone to recommend me a readable, relatively unbiased history of the conflict between Israel and Palestine (does this even exist?)

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    I think I have a new favourite thread. :]

FUN;
    Pokémon Adventures: Emerald Chapter Kusaka & Yamamoto
    Sons and Lovers D. H. Lawrence
    The Decameron Giovanni Boccaccio
    Under the Dome Stephen King

CLASS;
    Coming Up For Air George Orwell
    The Life and Death of Harriet Frean May Sinclair
    The Mousetrap and Other Plays Agatha Christie
    The Stories of Katherine Mansfield Katherine Mansfield
    Waiting for Godot Samuel Beckett

I haven't actually started Under the Dome yet though - I'm disallowing myself until I finish my latest essay. (:

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    I can't read more than one book at a time (for enjoyment purposes). But I am reading Star Wars: Omen. Next it is Man's Search For Meaning:p

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I read The Battle of the Red Hot Pepper Weenies it is a book of scarey stories. You guys should read it.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I'm reading The Good Fairies of New York. It's really weird and disturbing. I'm not sure if I like it but I think I do.

Years
    At the moment I'm just reading Gorky Park for the second time. I just finished The Kitchen Boy, and I'm waiting for the books I ordered to come in the mail.

I actually only read Gorky Park for the first time a couple weeks ago, but I loved that book and had to buy a copy of it for myself. I decided to read it since I had nothing else to read.

I just wish decent, not biased books about the Soviet Union weren't so hard to find. I think I might start reading into the Russian Revolution a little.

Years
    • FL
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    Currently I am reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. One of my favorite books ever along with his The Kite Runner, which is even better.

Years
    Currently reading:

Best Performance By A Patsy by Stan Cutler. Good thus far.
    The Tales of Olga da Polga by Michael Bond. A children's story about a guinea pig. Missing a few pages from the second chapter...

Recently read:

The Last Symbol by Dan Brown. I got lost during the first read. Will read it again early 2010.
    Confessor by Terry Goodkind. The most recent book I have purchased is also the last in a long (as heck) fantasy series. Great. Entire series similar to Lord of the Rings & Eragon (first in series is The Sword of Truth).

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    At this very moment? Nothing. lol

I'm trying to read the Warriors saga, but I haven't been reading it. :(

Sarah Paliner

:: Zetsubou no Carnival ::
    Years
    The Philosopher's Handbook - Edited by Stanley Rosen. It's a collection of influential writing from Western Philosophy. Very engrossing read.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Analysis of Financial Time Series
    That one's clearly for class.

2009 Choice Hotels Worldwide Directory
    That one's for fun. Favorite passage so far:
    "75 STES. All suites w/micro fridge, coffee maker, iron & hairdryer. Free high speed internet. Free hot buffet breakfast, indoor pool, exercise room, guest laundry, business center. Cable TV, in-room movies, Motor Coach welcome."

Truly an engrossing, engaging read.

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    At the moment I'm reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. I only started reading it yesterday, so I'm not very far into it and can't really make a proper judgement yet. :P

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I just finshed reading The Mistress of The Sun by Sandra Gulland. Right know I've just started the Tsarinas Daughter by Carolly Erickson, the reviews I've read arent the greatest but I saw it at the library and thought I would try it out. I really enjoy reading historical fiction. But I also like to read pretty much anything.

Years
    I'm in the middle of Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger and I'm not liking it very much. It's kind of dull.

Previously I read The City of Dreaming Books by Walter Moers, which was a lot of fun, and 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke, which was less fun, but still interesting.

Next on the list are Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami and either Stiff or Spook by Mary Roach.

Nincada

Please be kind.
    Years
    Next on the list are Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami and either Stiff or Spook by Mary Roach.

If I may I would like to suggest Stiff particularly. Very well written and interesting book, and useful for little snippets of information to spew at dinner parties.

Nothing like the dead to steer a boring conversation in the right direction.

Years
    If I may I would like to suggest Stiff particularly. Very well written and interesting book, and useful for little snippets of information to spew at dinner parties.

Nothing like the dead to steer a boring conversation in the right direction.
    'K. That's as good as any reason for reading a book. I'll go with that next.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Right now I'm reading Crossroads of Twilight by Robert Jordan (Now I just need to get a copy of Knife of Dreams before Gathering Storm...)

I'll probably need to find another book to help fill up the Christmas Break, also...

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    I'm reading the Cirque du Freak serires by Darren Shan. It's a little under my level, but it's interesting.

Back