• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you reading?

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I finished reading Wally Lamb's She's Come Undone last night and I thought it was a fantastic book. I don't think I liked it as much as the other Wally Lamb book I've read, but it was still outstanding. I've since started, and am now more than halfway through, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon. So far it has been an interesting read with a really unique and awesome narrator.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I finished reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time last night. It was a really good, interesting, short, and easy book to read. I'd suggest it for anyone looking for a fantastic book that will be easy to digest.
    I'm now reading Ian McEwan's Atonement. I'm only forty pages in and I have been completely blown away by how beautiful it is. Already, there have been a lot of really interesting concepts - things that I have been trying to capture in my own writing - that I have been thinking about recently, and it is just so interesting seeing these thoughts that I have had written down by another person. I may be early into this book, but I feel like it may be one of my favorites.

Parivir

rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Years
  • Philippa Gregory's The Red Queen, which is about Margaret Beaufort and her attempts in battling the Plantagenets to put a Tudor on the throne. Not big on royal fiction, but Gregory's an amazing writer.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    On Liberty And Other Essays by John Stuart Mill and the works of Aristotle as well. Sort of burned out on all the fiction I've been reading lately so I've delved into my backlog of philosophical treatises.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I just finished the first book in the Old kingdoms series which was pretty good and i think ill move on to number 2 some time in the future.
    Now im finishing up Paper Towns which so far im loving <3

Years
  • I'm reading a history book on the Byzantine empire: Byzantium: The Surprising Life of a Medieval Empire by Judith Herrin. It was something that I never really learned about in all my schooling and history classes. Among other things I learned how the fork found its way into European life and how previously it was considered something only barbarians used. The more you know.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    One of my coworkers let me borrow her copies of the 50 Shades books, and since I'm dumb and cant' not read a book, I'm reading them. Already finished the first one (50 Shades of Grey) and plan to start the second one today (50 Shades Darker).

I'm also reading Sarah by Orson Scott Card and Life's Too Short by Jen and Bill Klein. The former is about the woman from the Book of Genesis; the latter is the biography by the stars of TLC's The Little Couple.

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
    Years
  • I am nearing the end of Abhorsen at the moment - really enjoyed these books :)
    Also, I'm reading Insurgent, currently at Chapter 14. Read Divergent ages ago lol
    Wasn't sure at first if I liked the story, to read ahead...then the film came out, and I thought they made that brilliantly, and now the Insurgent film is out, I decided I would indeed go ahead with the rest, as they're really quite good! :D

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    picture of dorian gray by oscar wilde
    finish two books in one night? challenge accepted

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
    Years
  • Abhorsen by Garth Nix.

@VanillaMiltank- Do you plan on reading Clariel too?

Yeah, I was going to, at some point after I get through some of my ever-growing to-read pile! ^_^
    I only found out about Clariel just recently...I will eventually get to reading it!

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    picture of dorian gray by oscar wilde

Oooh this book is on my list and one of my friends just read it and really liked it!

I've been reading NW by Zadie Smith. I really did not enjoy the first section of the book, but I've liked the two middle sections. I'll have to see how the final section is before deciding how I feel about the book as a whole though.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • A Clash of Kings - George R.R. Martin

Yeah, I've watched the TV series but I wanted to see how the series went in the books and I can say that I really enjoy reading it. :)

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    Oooh this book is on my list and one of my friends just read it and really liked it!

I've been reading NW by Zadie Smith. I really did not enjoy the first section of the book, but I've liked the two middle sections. I'll have to see how the final section is before deciding how I feel about the book as a whole though.

it's really really good! i'll probably be buying this one sooner or later.

i'll also be picking up we were liars by e. lockheart as soon as i can get my hands on it. heard it was great.

Back