• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your favorite insects and bugs?

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    What are your favorite insects and bugs? I like most insects and bugs.

My favorite insects are ladybugs.

I also like this spider although I have never actually seen one. It is a spider with a happy face.

Spoiler:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Ugh I hate all kinds of bugs. >.< Therefore, I have no favorite bugs.
    And that spider... creeps me out. Dx

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Bugs and insects are gross. (BTW bugs have six legs and insects have more or less right?)

Butterflies are okay untill you catch them and either all the powder comes onto your hand or they burst into green guts >.< I hate grubs ( unless they are those really, really tiny ones that are really cute and walk funny XD ) And cockroaches are gross and so are fat moths. I just hate them because they feel funny and their insides look gooey. I would hate to accidentally eat one! My friend ate a fat grub once when i dared him to lol.

Bugs and insects are gross. (BTW bugs have six legs and insects have more or less right?)

Butterflies are okay untill you catch them and either all the powder comes onto your hand or they burst into green guts >.< I hate grubs ( unless they are those really, really tiny ones that are really cute and walk funny XD ) And cockroaches are gross and so are fat moths. I just hate them because they feel funny and their insides look gooey. I would hate to accidentally eat one! My friend ate a fat grub once when i dared him to lol.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Spiders are technically arachnids, but I did find that picture intriguing.

Anyway, my favorite insects happen to be moths and stag beetles.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I am creeped out my most bugs. I like a few beetles, but one time I saw one almost the size of my hand and it was... a bit odd...
    I also like some butterflies because they're usually the bugs that aren't crawling around.

Moonlord

The ........MewTwo
    Years
    • LA
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    I Do not like insects at any point. There everywhere and even when you don't know it they might be crawling In your bed or on you...they my sting or bite.
    There's my point.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • I don't perfer either because I dislike bugs. They creep me out in a sort of small buggy way. I dislike them because their just that kind of creature that doesn't make me feel like I can approach it without feeling about "Ewwwww."

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I'm uncomfortable with the idea of even having a bug in my room in most cases. Exceptions are butterflies and ants, because I think butterflies are beautiful and the looks of ants don't make me feel uncomfortable, and also because they are harmless.
    Almost all other insects make me feel uncomfortable to be around, even if it is somewhere in my house from where it can get access to me. Therefore, I would definitely avoid contact.

And I have arachnophobia, so spiders are out of question.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The only bugs I actively dislike are flies, ants, and bees/wasps/hornets. Everything else I'm pretty chill with. I just don't like to find them on my bed or anything and I'm usually good with leaving them.

I love the way praying mantises look (I saw one IRL for the first time a few years ago and spent an hour just watching it). And I really like earwigs too.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • I don't have a problem with most bugs, but I particularly hate ants, flies, and bees because they're just really annoying (my school is infested with bees, for some reason, and everyone freaks if one even flies into a classroom. That's actually what makes it more annoying than it is. Just ignore it, people!).

As for ones I like, I'd say dragonflies. Dragonflies are quite pretty and I rarely see them so it's always cool to run into one. I like caterpillars and ladybugs as well, they're cute.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Let's see ... I like most beetles, especially Hercules Beetles. Too bad you don't seen any in the wild here. Ladybugs are cool too as are dragonflies and mantis.

Am I the only ones who likes bees? Many people are scared to death by them, but they rarely sting anyone. (unlike wasps).

There are lots of spiders where I live, but I like them, as long as they stay outside.

The bug I hate most are wasps, cause they are annoying little stalkers, espescially when you're eating or drinking something. Ants and flies, cause a lot them of get in my house. And mosquitos, I really hate those.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • The only bug I really dislike are bees, wasps, and hornets. All because I've had some bad experiences with all of the above when I was younger. =/

As for my favourites, I'll have to go with Heracross dragonflies and butterflies. They both look amazing, and are the inspirations for a good number of stories, and of course, Pokémon.

Years
  • I absolutely hate insects and bugs, they are annoying and freak me out. So I do not have a favorite.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I... never said what I liked after my rant in the posts above XD My favourite are praying mantis. They are really cool and I like holding them. they just look... cool XD and dont burst when you hold them too hard.

Butterflies are annoying to hold because they like to pop, but they are pretty to watch and there are pretty neat photographs of them.

And slaters are okay. I like the ones that roll up into a ball. They are fun to roll XD

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    I am not a fan of bugs...especially roaches and spiders...oh god camel spiders are my worst nightmare.

But if I have to pick, I like bumble bees. They're fuzzy and kind of cute. Butterflies, when not in your face, are pretty as well.

FroggyKisses

{♥}
    Years
  • I seem to hate all of them, really, they're creeping and scaring me out which makes me panic all the time whenever an insect is near to me. But actually like one of 'em, butterflies! :3

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i like the kind that blend in with leaves, like these

What are your favorite insects and bugs?

i think they're so cute. i like big fuzzy moths too, i think they'd be gentle cuddly beasts if they were larger sized

Back