• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What are your thoughts on Mt. Coronet?

Hetalia Canadia

Ivan Braginski
Years
  • The only thing I didn't like about Mt. Coronet was that it was a cave, which meant hundreds upon hundreds of Zubat encounters. :C Other than that, I didn't mind much. The Bronzongs got frustrating sometimes, but nothing I couldn't handle.

Years
  • I hated it. I had to keep on using up all my Super Repels, and I had to bring a Biberal with me so I didn't have to teach my good Pokemon HMs. But he refused to learn Defog and I must've missed half the items in that foggy room :c
    The snow part was better, but you walk so slow through the deep snow! Plus, trainers kept on yelling at me with that exclamation point and I had to keep battling them. I wanted to pull my hair out in frustration, especially when those ninja kids popped out from under the snow. The hail hurt all my precious Pokemon ;.;

It was pretty when there wasn't a total blizzard. And it got me to Snowpoint City and filled up some of my Pokedex.

But still, I could've done without it c:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    perfect place it proves how tall it is with the snow in the top .... and how the waves in the sky are seen all over sinnoh it was awesome

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • The passage to torn world disappeared! GRR

Don't worry, you can just go to the spring path to get to it again, although it's only a very small and lame part of the Distortion World.

You know it would have been interesting if there was a portal to the distortion world in the underground, and it still counted as the underground. Imagine digging rocks while sideways and placing traps there too......... :D

The only thing I did like about the snow up there was that i'm pretty sure it wasn't like the kind around Snowpoint, the kind you get stuck in. So annoying.......

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • I love Mt. Coronet, it's a good place to train your weak Pokemon, even the weak Pokemon that are at level 50 and over.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    It was a great part that was included in the plot. It was long and annoying, but caves aren't supposed to be easily passable(excluding the cave to Azalea town, that was just awful).
    It also had fitting music and I think it was the first snowy place in the entire series of the main games.
    That isn't even mentioning how cool it is to go to the distortion world and hear that amazing track, or the items you can get from it, ESPECIALLY from Platinum.

BigIce17

Ulimate Trainer
    Years
  • i hate it.... Too much windy trails and the snow was nice, however took too long to walk through...

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2009
    i goto mt coronet every day and i got my lvl 2 starly to lvl 44 starly in a hour lol
    however that was b4 i got my action replay

Katria

~Prima Donna~
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 29, 2009
    I got a bit frustrated during the part when you had to beat Team Galactic at Mt. Coronet. I would usually make sure that I got all the items available at the mountain. There were probably 1 or 2 instances where there were two ways to go so you had to choose. If I went one way and saw there was a Galactic grunt, I'd go back and choose the other entrance so I could get the items just to see another Galactic grunt and I'd be confused as to what way was really the right one.

KATFiSH

Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Mt. Coronet... I definitely have mixed feelings for this hot spot. I think it's the most beautiful cavern system of all the games, but like all of the others, it's a pain in the neck to travel through, especially without repels. >.<;

Years
  • Other than the snow, Mt. Coronet would be completely lame if I didn't know that Arceus is up there (the translucent staircase is so neat!). So right now, the only thing moderately interesting is the snow, and you can get all the snow you want in Snowpoint so..... it'll remain lame until the Azure Flute is released.

aka_Pyro

PKMN Trainer
    Years
  • Mt Coronet had a great premise, and many hidden items to be found. However, that did not stop it from being annoying like the rest of the game. I would have favored a simpler design and made it so the Spear Pillar could be flown to and from, and perhaps would have expanded those ruins much like the Ruins of Alph. Also, I wish Zubat and Golbat were either less common or nocturnal so I wouldn't have so much trouble with them.

A Real True Winner Is Me

A True Winner is Me
    Years
  • The funniest experience I had on MT. Coronet was I was walking in the snow with three Pokemon, all level 35-40, and I encountered a Bronzong who wiped out my team. XD

Oh, and Mt. Moon > Mt. Coronet.

mStar

The Darkness Within
    Years
  • I actually liked it because I love snow. But, Zubat seriously got on my nerves.

Years
  • I loved it. I like traveling and it was pretty cool running through the snow and seeing the waterfall and many enterances :) I wished I could've battled more Galactics though..lol
    Love the music too. Especially the top floors

Spear Pillar is amazing.

What happened to Cyrus? o_o

Back