• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What ball did you use to catch Giratina?

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    I used my Masterball in Platinum. Seriously, though. Giratina was being very difficult. I went through three! Three sessions! of using 70+ Ultra/Dusk balls with it having like four HP left. And It wouldn't let me catch it! >.<

Yeah. Same thing happened to me. Only I tried 7+ times.

mic000899

Amateur Trainer
    Years
  • I caught it with a dusk ball. But seriously i had to restart it a couple of times. After I caught it, this glitch made my Giratina into a Staraptor. -_-

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    I've had 2 sessions of 20 minutes and one of 5 minutes using ultra balls and eventually timer balls. No luck so far, wanna save my master ball.

I'm having difficulties applying a status. my only pkmn in the team is a togekiss lvl 20 or so that can do yawn XD. it's immune to the attack where he dissapears, but you need luck to know when he's going to use that attack next.

Think i'll try using dusk balls now then.

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
    Years
  • All my Ultra Balls ran out so, just for kicks, I tossed a plain Pokeball and pressed B. And, surprisingly, it held :/

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I used an ultra ball for aesthetic purposes. It has a similar colour scheme! I caught Palkia in a master ball and Dialga with a dive ball!

JuiceeHugS

Tournament
    Years
  • Dusk ball. I caught it 10+ times, soft-resetting for good iv's/nature. I got impatient so i settled on a Quiet one with pretty good iv's. I used to like quiet pokemon :/

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I caught mine with a dusk ball just like most people in this thread did. I ended up with only my master ball and two heal balls though after spending an hour or so trying to catch it. -.-

Pheonix987

Nyan, nyan, myancology...
    Years
  • That pokemon made me reset a dozen times. I kept throwing pokeballs and every sort of balls (yeuch, that sounds wrong :( ) at it, and I swear it was down to 2 HP EVERYTIME. I finally gave up for the moment, and went to a Pokemon Center to bring Uxie, who had a Yawn, and made Giratina go nighty-night. Few Dusk Balls, and I got him.

The whole process took me 3 FRIGGIN DAYS.

Floris2Burn, you should try to catch Uxie for Giratina, for the facts that it is Lv 50 when captured, and that it has Yawn. Also, it's Ghost-type weakness isn't so bad, at least not for me.

Ayselipera

Well actually... I never caught Giratina in Platinum. :x I just don't have any motivation too.
    I did catch it in Diamond though with a Ultra ball.

B_B

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2009
    i used thousands of ultra ball and dusk balls but it didn't work so i used master ball at last;)

nidorina

Ash Ketchum groupie~1998♥
    Years
  • I caught it with an Ultra Ball after endless trying.
    When I finally caught it, I nicknamed it Princess. It deserved it. x3

Back