• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Ball Did You Use To Catch Lugia/Ho-Oh?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I caught Lugia with an Ultra Ball right after telling some people here on PC that this was my last attempt until I quit for the time being.

Ho-Oh I caught with a Pokeball. :B

Years
    Caught my Ho-Oh with an Ultra Ball after putting it to sleep and winding down it's HP to like one xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    I'm usually good at catchin' legendarys but i suck on hg I can't catch any haha used a master ball on Entei and on Ho-Oh got none left now though and I'm tryin to capture zapdos, got him to 1hp with false swipe then put him to sleep n 25 ultra balls later and 20 great balls still not caught ;/

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    I Paralyzed Lugia with Thunder Wave, then my Ampharos used Discharge which got it in the yellow. I threw ONE Ultra Ball and got caught up in talking to my friend on the phone, and next thing you know, I hear the Pokedex music.

StormerEcho

Battle Worthy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    Yeah well I did something amazing because I have bad luck at catching pokemon. I was too lazy to catch my palkia in platinum so i stopped playing for a little and gave it to my brother who caught it with a pokeball in his first try without lower Hp or doing anything to it. I was awestruck I still am!!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I caught Ho-oh in an ultra ball right before it was about to knock itself out thanks to struggle, whew. ._.

yaya0

は真優勝
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Master Ball (I always use it for the weakest legendary)

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
    I Paralyzed Lugia with Thunder Wave, then my Ampharos used Discharge which got it in the yellow. I threw ONE Ultra Ball and got caught up in talking to my friend on the phone, and next thing you know, I hear the Pokedex music.
    exactly what i'm gonna do except i'm going to be stockpiling heavy balls ready for my fight with lugia

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I bought 35 Ultra Balls and 30 Dusk Balls and I was using Ultra Balls and I was running out. I was flipping through pages of my Pokéballs and realized that I still had Dusk Balls! And, so the story goes on. I started using Dusk Balls and after a few tries, I caught Lugia! =D My sister knows how frustrating catching that beast was for me... Anyways, I don't soft-reset. Isn't shiny Lugia pink and white? That's just crazy...

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I forgot to stock up on ultra and dusk balls so I just kept soft-resetting to catch it with what I had. That didn't work so I got pissed and I threw a master ball at it.=\

That happened with both Lugia and Ho-Oh...lmao

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2010
    i always have to capture legend pokemon quickly because if i dont they end up using struggle and dieing and i use dusk for lugia premiere ball for ho-oh the first time (shocked) but then the dsi died and i used a ultra ball

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2014
    I ended up having to reset about 4 times to get Ho-oh T.T I used about 30 ultra balls on my 4th reset to get the bugger. Lugia I used my Master ball on, just because I used to always use it on him in Pokemon Crystal ^^

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2010
    I caught Lugia with an Ultraball, I had about 33 of them and was down to 15 or 12 balls. I think I killed it twice for I had to start over.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I caught Ho-oh in my second Ultra Ball, and Lugia in my 6th Ultra Ball.

I'm skilled when it comes to Pokémon capture.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    I just had lugia so low u couldnt see the HP on her bar. her accuracy was as low as it went, her attack was as low as it went, her defense was lowered, AND she was asleep........

and i went thru 40 ultras, 2 fast, 2 luxury, a couple pokeballs, and i couldnt catch her

ive given up. ill try tomorrow
    Dang, thats just bad luck, but thats proabably the smart thing 2 do, take a break rest and try again another time

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2010
    Honestly, Lugia was a pain in the ass to get.
    I ended up resetting three times. The ONE time I finally got its health down to 1HP while paralyzed, my doggy knocks the DS out of my hand and I unintentionally kill Lugia with Surf ._.;

But yeah. I ended up actually catching Lugia while reading the posts on this page and not looking at the game. I hear the Pokedex music, and instantly end up feeling retarded (x
    Caught via ultra ball.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Ho-Oh was difficult and I took several tries before catching it. I waited until nighttime and caught it after five Ultra Balls and three Dusk Balls (remembering the trick with them, which made things easier). I did the same thing with Snorlax, who was almost as difficult to catch.

As for Lugia, I still have yet to catch it, but I will get it at some point.

Back