• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Ball Did You Use To Catch Lugia/Ho-Oh?

Celest8

Lance/Wataru's Stalker
    Years
    I kept trying to catch Ho-Oh in either a Poke ball or a Great ball, but of course that didn't work out, so I ended up having to chuck my Ultra balls.

NatureKeeper

On my SoulSilver, I Ultra-Balled Both. Lugia took exactly 7, Ho-Oh took like... Err... 17-20 par example? Anyway, caught them both on first trial, minus Ho-Oh, I killed him accidentally once... Or was that my friend's?

My friend wasted his Masterball on Lugia and Ultra-Balled Ho-Oh. Of course, this involved me adjusting Ho-Oh's HP. Such a lameo.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Lugia & Ho- Oh Stories (Screen shots Welcome)

Share your most wild, crazy, or just plain Lucky battles against the mighty birds ^_^

I JUST caught (not even 10minutes ago(from when i post this) Lugia, and boy was i shocked, i loved the new battle music to it the fight, and i used a combo of thunderwave& flash (from my ampharos) and dragon rage,& wing attack (from my red gyrados,& crobat) to bring it into the red.
    i used my heavy balls, my heal ball, and my dusk balls and all failed miserably, so for a laugh i threw a pokeball and i caught it O_O

Heres my screenshots ^_^ (this is my first legendary EVER caught with a normal pokeball lol)
    What Ball Did You Use To Catch Lugia/Ho-Oh?

Last edited by a moderator:

Teto

- - wobbuffan. ☆
    Years
    awh that's awesome. i wish i could have something cool happen
    to me like that, but sadly i have bad luck with legendaries and i
    always end up using 8957348957345 ultra balls. =w=;
    so yeah, i didn't feel like trying so i just used a masterball .. aha ;u;

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Cool story, bro. You seem to have put in some nice effort in your post. So instead of closing, I'll just merge this with another Lugia/Ho-oh thread we have already. It's back a few pages, so it'll give it a nice bump back up so people can see it and continue its discussion.

ichuesther

The girl with the Charizard.
    Years
    Brah brah...I used a Master Ball.
    I'm so stupid -_-
    Well, i can blame my laziness.
    Hehe, but it's okay.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Ultra Ball and Dusk Ball respectively for Ho-Oh and Lugia.

I kept killing them sometimes....critical hits psh.

Massai

Lesson The First
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    Dusk Balled HO-OH - Palkia took it down to 1% in one shot and then caught it on the second ball

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    A masterball, due to the fact I have horrible luck outside of the safari zone for catching Pokemon. I'm too impatient to keep resetting, and too lazy to do so anyways.

salot

Gomu Gomu no Jet Pistol(K.O)
    Years
    i am soft reseting for shiny lugia in pokemon soul silver
    if i found it i will throw masterball cause i can midgrade from emerald ( batlefrontier clone glitch ^^)

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
    Hahahaha...somehow my best friend has this knack for catching Legendary Pokemon in Pokeballs. As for me, I haven't gotten that far in the game, but I'm planning on using Dusk Balls or Heavy Balls for Lugia, but I always bring Ultra Balls as well. I won't soft-reset for a shiny, but I'll probably soft-reset to get a good Nature, as I plan to EV train my Lugia.
    Is that me? :P I have Lugia, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Ho-Oh, Mewtwo, Zapdos, Articuno, Dialga and Palkia in Poké Balls. On Platinum I have Uxie, Azelf and Giratina in Poké Balls (that's also how I caught Dialga and Palkia which I traded over to SS) and on Diamond I have Dialga, Uxie and Azelf in Poké Balls.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2010
    I'm on vacation and after trying 6 hours yesterday and 1 hour today, I gave up and used my masterball. I mean Lugia is the reasons I got the game because he couldn't be obtainible in any other game.

Years
    I'm on vacation and after trying 6 hours yesterday and 1 hour today, I gave up and used my masterball. I mean Lugia is the reasons I got the game because he couldn't be obtainible in any other game.
    Lugia can be obtained at level 70 in HeartGold after beating the Elite Four and getting the Rainbow Wing in Pewter City. I was able to catch Ho-oh in an Ultra Ball after lowering its HP to near zero, putting it to sleep and using up all my dusk and heavy balls.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i caught lugia in a ultraball and i caught ho-oh in the masterball because it refused to be caught so i gave up after about 2 hours of trying.
    i didnt attempt to catch them shiny because im to lazy to soft reset.

Back