• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Ball Did You Use To Catch Lugia/Ho-Oh?

Years
  • As for myself, I caught Lugia in a Poke Ball! After 25 Ultra Balls, I was about to give up....then I used one of my Poke Balls just to give it a shot, to my surprise *Poof! Lugia has been captured!* Me: WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

So yeah, what about you? Also, did you Soft-Reset?

For those who don't know, Soft-Reseting is when you save in front of a Legendary, encounter it, and if it's not a Shiny, they shut down the DS/DSi. They keep doing this until they get a Shiny Lugia/Ho-Oh, or any Legendary.

I didn't Soft-Reset, Lugia's Shiny is not very cool....

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • No I cannot be bothered waiting for a Shiny.
    But I did reset a few times for Lugia and once for Ho-oh.
    Both by Ultra balls.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I caught Ho-oh on my ROM just to post here .
    Cheats are sooo good ... maybe because you are not enjoying the game but you want to play and you don't have it just like me ...

Well , it took quite a lot . I wanted to push myself and when the beauty was asleep and had like 3 more HP , I tossed a randpm Ultra Ball which did it perfectly .

I love the new Ho-oh Sprite ! :P

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • Caught my Ho-Ho on my First pokeball, (Amphy uses Thunder, Ho-Ho down to a sliver, (Sudeki Throws Quickball). ^^

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    I am not sure as I haven't gotten that far yet, but I will prolly use a heavy ball for Ho-oh

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
  • Hahahaha...somehow my best friend has this knack for catching Legendary Pokemon in Pokeballs. As for me, I haven't gotten that far in the game, but I'm planning on using Dusk Balls or Heavy Balls for Lugia, but I always bring Ultra Balls as well. I won't soft-reset for a shiny, but I'll probably soft-reset to get a good Nature, as I plan to EV train my Lugia.

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
  • As for myself, I caught Lugia in a Poke Ball! After 25 Ultra Balls, I was about to give up....then I used one of my Poke Balls just to give it a shot, to my surprise *Poof! Lugia has been captured!* Me: WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

So yeah, what about you? Also, did you Soft-Reset?

For those who don't know, Soft-Reseting is when you save in front of a Legendary, encounter it, and if it's not a Shiny, they shut down the DS/DSi. They keep doing this until they get a Shiny Lugia/Ho-Oh, or any Legendary.

I didn't Soft-Reset, Lugia's Shiny is not very cool....

I did that with Palkia in Platinum. Ran out of Great and Ultra Balls and I had to resort to Poke Balls and saw my supply dwindle to almost nothing until I threw one and BAM! He was mine. Felt good, too. When I get to Lugia, I'll give Quick Balls a try and then, whatever else I have when that doesn't work.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I haven't gotten that far in the game yet, but I do know I won't catch Lugia with an ultra ball cause I hate them for some reason.

Johto Contender

In my heart, and in my soul...
    Years
  • Nearly pooped myself when I chucked one of my last Great Balls at Ho-oh and caught it. I named it Great, just for kicks also.

(Odd thing is that it ate Ultra Balls like I eat pizza, but "oh no!" a Great Ball *dies[well, more like gets caught]*)

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I just had lugia so low u couldnt see the HP on her bar. her accuracy was as low as it went, her attack was as low as it went, her defense was lowered, AND she was asleep........

and i went thru 40 ultras, 2 fast, 2 luxury, a couple pokeballs, and i couldnt catch her

ive given up. ill try tomorrow

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Good news for me, I caught Ho-oh with a Poke Ball!

I actually bothered trying to catch it without a Master Ball as I always catch my Pokemon with a Master Ball. Took about 20 minutes to catch it.
    It was also hard because he thrashed my Pokemon. :(

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
  • I caught my Ho-Oh with a heavy ball and my Lugia with a dusk ball. Both of them took a ridiculously long time. Kyogre and Mewtwo were really easy though.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    a Pokeball on the ROM...I just killed him on the real game...only noobs need legends to beat the game...

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I am going to use a Masterball. That is only because I am trying to get it shiny. I have been resetting my game for two days trying to get a shiny! It is so frustrating! But I won't stop until I get it. I have to use a Masterball because I am not going to for a second take the chance of accidentally killing it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2010
    I got him down to 1 hp (luckily, I used a surf and it didn't kill him lol). Then I put him to sleep and used around 10 ultra balls.

Kikoia

Self-proclaimed ditz :D
    Years
  • ....... I just beat the first gym.......... BUT if I do get Ho-oh it will be with a Quick Ball, Dusk Ball or Poke Ball :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2020
    After 4 hours in school of trying to catch Ho-oh, with very good status and health defects, I decided "eh, I'm not going to use him anyway" and threw a Masterball, because who honestly needs masterballs?

Back