• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Ball Did You Use To Catch Lugia/Ho-Oh?

Dragonair_Blizzard

Random person in the universe
Years
  • An Ultra Ball on Lugia. And it was only my second one.
    As for Ho-oh, It struggled itself to death the first time. The second time, I caught it with an Ultra Ball, on the 20 something try.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I think I went into the battle at night and used lots and lots of Dusk Balls for Ho-Oh. As for Lugia, well, since it's in a cave... Dusk Balls all the way!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I got tired of Lugia popping out of my Ultra and apicorn balls, so I just threw my Master Ball at it because I did not want to leave the Whirl Islands just to get 80 more balls to then run back to get more because stupid Lugia does not want to stay inside of its ball

:t354:TG

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
    Years
  • A pokeball.. I always use pokeballs c8 I like the challenge xD And I'm cheap as heck >x> I just thunder punched lugia with my ampharos and it went down to like.. 10hp and got paralyzed and I caught it after 5 or 6 pokeballs.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    I caught the best Pokemon ever, A.K.A. Ho-Oh, in a Master Ball, it just DESTROYED my team. So I hadno choice. Lugia? I killed him in one shot with my Ho-Oh's Thunder XD. One less Lugia to deal with.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I caught Lugia with a Master ball. I went after Ho-Oh later on and had caught it with a Ultra ball. Ho-Oh was annoying to catch though.

Years
  • Caught Lugia in hg!

So get this i caught lugia in hg with one poke ball!! Anyone else have this kinda luck (also to find luglia in hg go to whirlpool islands first then look up the rest online srry cant remember off the top of my head) Lugia is level 70 it knows safeguard,aeroblast,punishment,and ancient power.You might also want to bring a fast pokemon that can paralyze,poison,or make it sleep ;)

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    pokeball after my... 59th try? for lugia. As for ho-ho, 21st/22nd(cannot remember) try?

Back