• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Ball Did You Use To Catch Lugia/Ho-Oh?

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
Years
  • I paralyzed Lugia and then brought his hp down with by using discharge, once he was in the red I used flash repeatedly so it's accuracy fell and then kept tossing ultra balls till it was caught after maybe 16 of them being thrown.

Roy-Chibi

ふういんのつるぎ
    Years
  • Ho-Oh in HeartGold: Ultra Ball
    Lugia in HeartGold: Heal Ball

Lugia in SoulSilver: Poke Ball
    Ho-Oh in SoulSilver: Have not bothered to go catch it.

Yeah... xD

Linkdude231

Hylian Chosen One
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2018
    it took me a while, but i used dusk balls and ultra balls, i just can't remember which one i caught it with in the end.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2011
    Gave up on Lugia so I threw the Masterball.
    Took a while but got Ho-oH in the Ultra Ball. Twas quite the capture. :3

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I'm playing HeartGold only, soo:

Ho-oh: Master ball, just because I love the ball's effect.

Lugia: Funnily, I caught it with a Dive ball. It only takes about 9 toss with its health down to half. Yet on my 1st encounter it took nearly 50(!) Ultra balls, before it struggled and fainted himself.

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Feb 5, 2012
    I used a Master Ball to catch my Lugia in Soul Silver. It was embarrassing when I think about it.

Masterball...

I fought him over and over again using my Ultras but it just never happened because my luck sucks. So instead of keeping it up I finally got frustrated and restarted so I could stuff him in my Masterball. Then I put him in a PC box by himself and told him he could sit there for the rest of the game and suck it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I used Ultra Balls. I save my Master Balls for running Pokémon (or I just don't use them and stockpile them--I think I have about 5 or 6 from various games xD).

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • Caught Ho-oh in a Dusk ball after wasting about a dozen. I had used up all 50 of my Ultra Balls. It's HP was in the red and it was paralyzed.

I reseted, weakened and Paralyzed it, and caught it after about 10 Ultra Balls.

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    Master Ball on lugia cause i"m lame. I forget what I used on Ho-Oh, I think it was a Friend Ball XDDDD

Years
  • I caught it at night with a dusk ball...went in after my second try so naturally I was quite pleased with that :p
    I don't keep restarting to get shinies...I don't have the patience for that and I would just get frustrated ;p

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
  • I used Master Ball. Did you know you don't even have to battle the Pokemon if you use a Master Ball? I tried it with my Kyrogre in Sapphire. Anyways, I did not Soft-Reset, don't really care about shinies...

Masterball...

I fought him over and over again using my Ultras but it just never happened because my luck sucks. So instead of keeping it up I finally got frustrated and restarted so I could stuff him in my Masterball. Then I put him in a PC box by himself and told him he could sit there for the rest of the game and suck it.
    Nice way to show him who's boss

Last edited:

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I've bought a lot of Ultra Ball and catched both with those.

Back