• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Ball Did You Use To Catch Lugia/Ho-Oh?

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2011
    ultra ball on lugia, actually i havent caught entei yet which is getting on my nerves... i saved my master ball for latios

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • First try: used all 35 Ultra Balls, fail.
    Second try: used 35 Ultra Balls and a few Dusk Balls, fail.
    Third try: used 35 Ultra Balls, Dusk Balls, and a Heavy Ball, fail.
    Fourth try: "**** this." Master Ball, caught.
    I regretted it after I realized Mewtwo was in the game.

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    I caught Ho-Oh in a Premier Ball. And not just an ordinary Ho-Oh, either...
    What Ball Did You Use To Catch Lugia/Ho-Oh?

It had 1 PP left when I caught it :P

It took forever to get all those Premier Balls and actually catch it... I'm glad it didn't KO itself!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I always carry 50 Ultra Balls with me to such occasions, and every time it seems to be that I manage to catch them when I have just seven left. I think seven is my lucky number in Pokemon lol. So basically I used 43 Ultra Balls on each before they finally decided it wouldn't be so bad to come hang out with me and finally allowed me to catch them.

MichaelXD

Banned
    Years
  • I snagged Lugia quickly from Master Greevil on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness. It's a 3rd gen game for the Gamecube with already 4th gen Pokemon introduced to it so I guess that counts. I was using only Poke Balls up until the Cipher Key Lair when I caught Arbok in an Ultra Ball. I caught Lugia in a Master Ball and trained him to level 100 although I regret myself because I could've at least trained him better so he could have 415 HP and survive better at Wobbuffet's Counter which is at level 63 on the 81st challenge of Mt. Battle.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I coudn't be bothered and never will be to soft reset, but I caight my Ho-oh in a Ultra Ball, I wasn't patient at the time to use a Pokeball, you were lucky though lol.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Ho-Oh with an Ultra Ball
    Lugia with a Repeat Ball as I traded 2 Lugia's to my game. Took 7 of my Repeat Ball's to work too

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I believe I caught both with an Ultra Ball in Heart Gold and caught Lugia with a Dusk Ball in Soul Silver if I remember correctly.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    i didnt. i killed them both off cause im so lazy! i just get them off gts. i killed them for the data

V. Squirtle

Vampire Squirtle
    Years
  • I catch all my legendaries with regular pokeballs, like a boss. It took me only 3 to catch lugia, and 6 to catch ho-oh, also like a boss.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • I caught Lugia with a Master Ball just to proceed on with the game (I didn't know that I could defeat it first so it would re-spawn at somewhere else and the Kimono Girls would have no choice but to let me go). I immediately regretted the decision. :(

For Ho-oh, however, since I had more time to spam it with Pokéballs, I caught it with a Dusk Ball.

Back