• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Ball Did You Use To Catch Lugia/Ho-Oh?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • It got a mini-revival so I'll leave this thread open (as with the red gyarados thread), but please don't bump threads over a month old since the last post.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • I used Ultra Balls on both of them. To me it just seems that Ultra Balls are the only thing worhty of holding a legendary. That or Master Balls.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2012
    I saved in front of Lugia, and tried to get its health to red. If I made it faint, I restarted the game. I caught it in a Ultra ball. I soft reset for a shiny Ho-oh and caught it in a Master ball.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    I didn't, I simply knocked it out, I'm not very fond of catching, or using for that matter, legendaries, they just don't appeal to me (most of the time)

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I used my master ball on my Ho-oh. I hate master balls now, though so I might use a nicer ball this time. X]

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    Ultra balls defiantly,master balls are so lowered class and aren't useful as they used to be,the only time to use it if you're running a nuzelock run or something and you picked a bad nuzelock to go with it like above author post.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I used a Master Ball on both of them (Since I own both HG and SS). They kept popping out of my other balls, so I just threw a Master ball at them to get it over with.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I catch all of my legendaries in Ultra Balls. If I'm feeling adventurous, I'll use a PokéBall (which is what I use for regular Pokémon, regardless of how high they are when I catch them). The only time you really need a Master Ball is when you're put in a situation where you're facing a shiny Misdreavus and it uses Perish Song.

Starforce23

Ultimate Trainer Red
    Years
  • My Lugia i caught it with my dusk ball, and I buy 49 ultra balls for nothing and then i used a poke ball to catch Ho-oh it worked...then I was like ''49 ultra balls for nothing?''.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2012
    I used a Heavy Ball for my Lugia. I'm looking at the summary now, I don't get why he has 5 stars for his jumping ability.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I used Ultra Ball for both of them... I always use Ultra Balls on Legendaries, sometimes I tried with simple Pokéball but actually I'm not really lucky so that never worked. So now, Ultra Balls all the way !

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • Dusk Ball for Lugia, Poke Ball for Ho-oH

I use my pokeballs whenever I can. I go to higher balls such as Ultra Balls if I'm getting annoyed.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • THIS IS MY FAVOURITE POKEMON-CATCHING ANECDOTE.

It actually was the first time I ever caught a legendary without resetting. I tossed a Pokeball and two Heavy Balls, and caught Lugia on the last. I WAS TRULY AMAZED.

It was almost as impressive as when I caught a Giratina with one - yes, one - toss of a Pokeball. JUST ONE POKEBALL.

But I have little love for Platinum, and that was on my friend's game and not mine, so I hold the Lugia catch much closer to my heart! :'D

Back