• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What books have you read lately?

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    I just finished To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I highly recommend it. So... what have you read lately? Don't give me that sad excuse of a reply "Ha! Reading, what a joke" or "I never read books" because I don't care that you hate books.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I just finished reading Christopher Paolini's latest book, Brisingr today. It's not too bad, but very, very lengthy considering it's 760 or so pages. I'm slightly disappointed at how it's become a series instead of the trilogy, but I guess this way he's able to extend the storyline (and add a few more twists!).

Miyu

is new. O: .
    Years
    I just finished Brisingr as well.
    I'm really happy with it too, it kept my entertained for several hours.
    Planning to read it again to catch stuff I might've missed too...

To Kill a Mocking Bird?
    I'm going to have to do that book as a novel study soon at school... It's nice to hear that it's good. x3.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    The last book I read would have been The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. I don't read much anymore for some reason, especially if it isn't fiction, but I really liked reading this. @_@; It helps you appreciate life and the fact that it isn't infinite.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I have been reading Jeremy Clarkson books. I have read Motorworld, The World According to Clarkson, And Another Thing all quite recently .I am currently about 1/2 way though Born To Be Riled as well as just starting to read Forever Autumn again.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I'm simultaneously reading Brisingr and The Alchemyst, two great books that I can't seem to put down, except if it meant I was going to read the other.

Confuse

the points never matter
    Years
    World War Z by Max Brooks, there was a thread about it not too long ago...

I'm also going to start reading Eragon again, followed by Eldest. I've forgotten most of the storyline, so I'll have to refresh my memory before I can read Brisingr.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Still reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Along with that, reading Hideous Strength by C.S. Lewis and Hard Revolution.

Also on my desk is The World Is Flat by Thomas Friedman. Not sure what it's about yet, but my mom gave it to me.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Sadly none, I need a good book to read, does anybody have any suggestions? Has anybody read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Steve Larsson? I heard it's a good book, I've also heard good things about The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer, I watched Seven recently.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Canterbury Tales. x__x; We had to read that for English this year. Great story and really gives a good historical picture of what the people were like back then, but I found it dreadful. It might just be that I had to read it in English class, but I just couldn't sit and read that.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Canterbury Tales. x__x; We had to read that for English this year. Great story and really gives a good historical picture of what the people were like back then, but I found it dreadful. It might just be that I had to read it in English class, but I just couldn't sit and read that.

I see, dreadful in what way? Was it just boring?

What about Dante's Inferno? I've heard good things about that one too, I heard about it watching Seven too.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I see, dreadful in what way? Was it just boring?

What about Dante's Inferno? I've heard good things about that one too, I heard about it watching Seven too.

Eh, I'd say it was just boring because of school. I might give it another read after awhile though. I mean..if it looks good to you, by all means read it. It doesn't cost much, I'm sure. XD But it's probably the school aspect that I didn't like. You know? :x

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Eh, I'd say it was just boring because of school. I might give it another read after awhile though. I mean..if it looks good to you, by all means read it. It doesn't cost much, I'm sure. XD But it's probably the school aspect that I didn't like. You know? :x

Yeah, I know what you mean, doing things is less pleasant when you are made to do them.

I think I'm going to read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo first, it's a good book from what I've heard and the story seems interesting.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    Right now, I'm reading Brisingr. I've only read up to the fourth chapter, though...

Before that, I reread one of my Doctor Who books. I finished that in a couple days. I need to get more of those books!!!

Toast

JUST AS PLANNED! >:D
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    Luna by Julie Ann Peters. It's a story about a boy named Liam who's life long dream is to be a girl. The story is told from his sister Regan's perspective. Liam cross-dresses every night in his sister's room and goes by the name Luna (LOLDRAGQUEENNAMES) when he is in his girl alter ego. He chose Luna because he can only be seen at night, or something like that. It's a very good book. :D

Pet Semetary by Stephen King. Spooky spooky! It's about the Creed family that move to this new town, Ludlow, there house lies on a very heavy traffic road. First their cat gets run over while the family, all except the main character Louis, went to Atlanta to visit family for Thanksgiving. Louis buries the cat in this cemetary that his friend showed him. The cat comes back to life. Later his son dies and he ends up burying him. He comes back to life, but turns out it's really a hell-spawn that took over his dead son's body.

Go Ask Alice by Anonymous. It's the diary of this girl who is some what happy. She goes to a party and plays a drinking game. Her drink is laced with a drug, LCD I think, and she is instantly hooked. Haven't gotten anywhere passed that. I just started reading it today.

Infamous Amos

ALL BIDOOF IN MY WAY WILL FALL
    Years
    "Mere Christianity by C S Lewis" is the latest non-fiction book that I have read, just recently finished it accually.

The latest fiction book I have read is a humongous book that contains all three of the "Lord of the Rings" books by J. R. R. Tolkien.

I am working on reading "The Invisible Man" and "Don Quixote" right now.

Back