• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What browser do you use?

What browser do you use?

• Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 58 39.7%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Safari

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Chrome

Votes: 62 42.5%
  • Opera

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

The Void

hiiiii
Years
  • Google Chrome is just the best. Most people just don't know it's full extent and convinience. For instance, very few know of the Incognito Window feature, or the Task Manager feature. Not only that, but it's super fast and is very useful if you have slow internet.

It also has that Recently Closed feature which saved me twice when I accidentally closed my windows. It also has the "Downloads History" feature (Ctrl+J) and the "Browsing History" feature (Ctrl+H). Not only that, but it can save passwords for you too!

It also has the find text feature, zoom in feature, and many more features I'd hate to add in this thread in order to keep it from growing too long.

If you want to know more, either PM or VM me or just Google it!

And did you know Google Chrome was made by Google? That was obvious, of course. But this means that you have a few "Google advantages" over other browsers. Again, you'll have to Google it to find out or just PM/VM me.

Mozilla is fine. It's safe, but it doesn't cover speed much. It's safe version is nice. It's like Defense Deoxys. But like Defense Deoxys, it lacks good speed and attack.

Google Chrome is not that much on defense, I guess. But it's fast and I like it. I'm not saying Mozilla is not fast. I'm just saying that Mozilla is not fast or anything. Mozilla Firefox is fast, alright. Which is why they named it Mozilla Firefox. (Here comes Team Star Fox...) But personally Google Chrome is more convenient. It's just my opinion. Don't destroy an entire star because of it. I'm not that used to Mozilla. Maybe if I was, I'd pick Mozilla Firefox but I was more used to Google Chrome and that's... that.

Alright, end of my story. Thanks for reading. It's late here. Imma sleep now. Good night.

Zet

Years
  • Right now I switched from Firefox 5 to Pale Moon 5 x64, mainly because it's been tweaked to use less memory and to run faster(even than Firefox 5 already runs faster than most browsers)

Google Chrome is just the best. Most people just don't know it's full extent and convinience. For instance, very few know of the Incognito Window feature, or the Task Manager feature. Not only that, but it's super fast and is very useful if you have slow internet.

It also has that Recently Closed feature which saved me twice when I accidentally closed my windows. It also has the "Downloads History" feature (Ctrl+J) and the "Browsing History" feature (Ctrl+H). Not only that, but it can save passwords for you too!

It also has the find text feature, zoom in feature, and many more features I'd hate to add in this thread in order to keep it from growing too long.

If you want to know more, either PM or VM me or just Google it!

And did you know Google Chrome was made by Google? That was obvious, of course. But this means that you have a few "Google advantages" over other browsers. Again, you'll have to Google it to find out or just PM/VM me.

Mozilla is fine. It's safe, but it doesn't cover speed much. It's safe version is nice. It's like Defense Deoxys. But like Defense Deoxys, it lacks good speed and attack.

Google Chrome is not that much on defense, I guess. But it's fast and I like it. I'm not saying Mozilla is not fast. I'm just saying that Mozilla is not fast or anything. Mozilla Firefox is fast, alright. Which is why they named it Mozilla Firefox. (Here comes Team Star Fox...) But personally Google Chrome is more convenient. It's just my opinion. Don't destroy an entire star because of it. I'm not that used to Mozilla. Maybe if I was, I'd pick Mozilla Firefox but I was more used to Google Chrome and that's... that.

Alright, end of my story. Thanks for reading. It's late here. Imma sleep now. Good night.

You do know that pretty much all browsers have the features you just listed for Chrome? Also Opera's "Opera turbo" function or whatever it's called works best for people on dial-up or on a slow connection. And for all you Chrome users try viewing this animated png file:

What browser do you use?

You jelly that you can't see it work unless you're on Firefox or Opera?

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
  • I consistently used Firefox, but in a downtime period with it, I had SRWare Iron (it's basically Google Chrome without the majority of background intrusions that Google puts in its browser) and Opera.

Since 4.0, Firefox has since been my main again, with Iron and Opera as my backups (Opera being my choice for anonymity).

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'm using Internet Explorer 9. For what reason? Well, at least I won't have to wait long when it starts up, and Google Chrome for some reason chokes on my favourite forum style, Route 167, and I don't fancy fixed backgrounds. I also don't like the way text looks at other browsers.

I do use Firefox and Chrome as backup plans and cross-browser compatibility checks, though.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 18, 2013
    I use Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer, (all latest versions of course).

But reason why I like Firefox first, was that Chrome looked to akward for me and IE ran pretty slow at the time. I didn't want to try Opera or Safari, so I can't say much about those two.

However, I'm getting used to Chrome's layout, and it's my next browser I use, if FF crashes on me.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Yeah, my friend recommended Pale Moon a few weeks ago. I'm still using 3.6.18, though. Enough with the crappy fast release schedule.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I use IE with some FireFox at times - IE just works for me and I don't care too much for special features so I just stick with it (plus I haven't gotten any viruses from it anyways as I don't tend to do silly stuff on it). I may try out chrome later though just to see what that is like...

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I've been using Firefox for almost two years now and it's made me question why I never switched to it sooner.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I use chrome , It's simple, amazing and awesome!
    I have Firefox as a backup.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Mainly use Firefox 5 for everything, been using Firefox for so long I cannot see myself ever adapting to Chrome or IE9 xD

ThePokeBoss

PokePimp
    Years
  • i personally like google chrome. and i use it, its just sleek and full of things you can customize. i used firefox, and still do, but its getting slow and you cant customize it as much as chrome.

Raven-NAR-32450

The Great and Powerful RAVEN
    Years
  • Well i am currently using Mozilla Firefox 6.0 beta 2, I like Firefox although i don't really notice a difference between 5 and 6, oh well, maybe they'll do something nice for the final version.

Back