• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What can you say about the anime ''Naruto''?

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
    I haven't watched Shippuuden, because to me it sucked with it's wrong musics, super-lenghty fights and filler episodes. I've read the manga, though, as it's published in Japan, and I like it, so I'm thinking of trying Shippuuden again in some time. The story has taken interesting twists and become more deep, and Naruto isn't as annoying anymore (Sasuke is, though...). All in all I think the manga is way better, but the anime is good too. And one of the best episodes was a filler! Remember the one where they spaculate what's under Kakashi-senseis mask? I loved that one :D (btw it's about the only filler I watched. I tried to watch others, but I ended up drawing and doodling and not paying attention to the episodes...)

D-puff

Wooper Expert
    Years
    Though i havnt experienced shippuuden or the manga, there was a lot about naturo i just didnt like. One thing was that it pulled a lot of DBZ's; fights that last more than 1 2 3 4 episodes, an action style ive never liked (everyone having over super-human powers for no good reason), some overused character styles, and just some other small things that bugged me. I watched a video on youtube that made a good point about it; when it comes to fights, fist theres like 5 episodes of balltes, then after that, one character goes "oh, i see what happened", and recited the entire fight in depth, ironically in the time it should have taken for the whole fight to happen. I did like it for a little while, but overall ive never even been a fan of shonnen jump, and the series' i did like i got bored with rather quickly.

Years
    I've seen almost every ep. (I downloaded all of it onto my pc) It's a tolerable anime. MIST VILLAGE RAWKS! XD

Tsukuyomi

fly.me.to.the.moon.
    Years
    Naruto is a cool anime series and loved by many ninja-aspirants. So what can you say about it?

This just made me laugh so much. Who do you know aspires to be a ninja, and isn't under 13? Considering that the ninja in Naruto don't act like real ninja; they dress in bright clothes, use magic and do missions NOT AT ALL SILENTLY!! LOUD NOISES!!!!!

FTR, there are ninjitsu schools in Japan, but considering the use for ninja has fallen as time has gone on, it's more a sort of hobby, like kendo and karate. These guys use ninjitsu correctly, dress in black, and act like proper ninja.

If you want to be a ninja, Naruto isn't the show to watch to get you in the right mindset.

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    If you don't watch it enough to really follow the plot, it's actually good. If it's on, I'll watch it, but since I work 40 hrs a week I don't really get to much. The battles and such are cool (if you realize that they're not trying to be real ninja), the "magic" is cool if you know that it's not real ninja abilities, and it's often times funny.

Slightly off topic, anyone play Naruto Arena?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    JA NO KUCHI~
    I'm not much for watching it lately.
    I like to read it much more - most of the anime is just fillarfillarfillar.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2014
    Naruto has its ups and downs, currently at shippuden epiusode 63+ it started getting really good with konoha almost biend destroyed, im at the edge of my seat with this part of shippuden, shippuden hasnt been good since the defeat of sasori sadly. But this part is waaay better than the Rescure Gaara Arc.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    Please don't hate me for saying this, but it's a pretty mediocre show. The plot, for me at least, is rather predictable and I haven't read since volume 230 something. It was a scanlation. The characters aren't that great. This is just my opinion. I'm just sick of the mainstream stuff right now because after learning about the basics of literature, my brother ranting about that kind of stuff, and terrible fanfiction which tells me to turn away from it all. ^^;

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I don't like it. People have made me watch some episodes, but I just couldn't get past the first ten.

I don't like the characters, I don't like the setting, I don't think it's funny, I don't like the action sequences, and the story is very uninteresting and uninspired. Besides, it's too long and will continue to drag on for forever.

Just not my kind of anime.
    My thoughts exactly. Plus the fanbase. One of my ex-roommates really liked Naruto, and though she wasn't like a typical Narutard (Narutard being the crazy kind, not someone who just likes to watch/read), she still got defensive and argued with me just because I said I didn't like it. She had plenty of other things going against her, too. The real Narutards have also annoyed me to the point where even seeing a Naruto-related banner ad on the internet makes me kind of agitated. I don't think it has enough going for it for me to get past the fanbase. There are plenty of animes out there, and I think I can afford not to like something for its fanbase when there are plenty of other, better choices out there.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I love naruto. Apart from the fact Naruto always seems to have his eyes closed and he looks....gay

Road

beyond salvation
    Years
    Naruto is amazing. I've already watched all of the original Naruto anime and read all of the original naruto manga, and I'm watching the dubsodes that come out. Shippuden is cool, but I'm not up to date wit hthe anime/manga of that...

Overall, amazing. :O

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    I guess Naruto is fine, but I find some opinions of it overrated. Sure, it's got pretty fine animation near the later episodes and the voice acting is good, but dragging storylines aren't my thing and the rabid fanbase gets on my nerves. I mean, yeah, it's not bad, but do some people seriously need to get so obsessed over it? It's just incessant fighting and an endless onslaught of powers, techniques, angst and bishonen. Tell me the day it all ends with something worthwhile, and maybe I'll give it another chance. God help us if it runs on into 600+ episodes and there'll still be some fans going rabid over it.
    ..Please don't impale me over this if you really do want it to run into 600 episodes; it's just what I think.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Something else I've come to say: Their weapons, why do they always miss?

Last edited:

Kit-Tsukasa

Shiny Mew and Espeon Lover
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    The show fails....too many fillers, not an intriguing plot compared to Bleach....english dub wise, ridiculous edits and terrible voice casting.

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    I don't think the weapons are really intended to hit. They are to confuse, intimidate, repel enemy weapons, and throw your opponent off balance (except for Tenten, she actually intends to hit with them).

Hiraku

Resident Italian Cutie
    Years
    I can definetly say lots of ninja action. Also, I heard Naruto (the character) was inspired by a real person.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Not really my kind of show tbh, not to mention the fanatical devotion of some people that ruin the show for others.

Is it also just me, or does every Shonen Jump Manga series seem to go on for ages? Evident by the tons of Yu-Gi-Oh! graphic novels that line the bookshelf.

Back