• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What can you say about the anime ''Naruto''?

Sheruda Kachinuki

Go and escape(^^)
Years
  • Naruto sucks. Not because it is annoyingly mainstream, but because the plot is long and dry. I read for three hundred chapters and stopped because I was bored.

I understand you, and I know that there are some episodes that makes someone bored, but to be honest, there are episodes that is, awesome
    (consider the Shippuden)
    +No offense meant, just EXPLAINING+

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Naruto, eh...

They keep on giving us boring , not to mention pointless, flashbacks. Man, I want to see the main thing on TV! They deprive us from knowing what happens after those flashies! Is that too big a desire? Seriously, they always focus on flashbacks so long it almost takes up the whole episode...

Other than that, I'm fine with the series. They have good fighting scenes, the plot is fine, while Sasuke is my fave character, but I don't like the fact he has to be a "villian", while Naru-kun can take all the glory! No fair~ :'(

(Note to self: Oh, tomorrow is "Naruto watching time", be sure to watch it, it's Sasuke deciding to go with that Orochimaru guy...)

ChibiVamp

>>RETRO GAMER<<
    Years
  • i didnt watch the first one cause of filler. i read the manga and only watched the chunin exams fights, the garaa fight, the bit where their chasing sasuke and the sasuke naruto fight. i've watched most of the Shippuden and love it though im not sure how 4kids would go about dubbing it. :P

Utsukushii

月としゃべる狼の? ??
    Years
  • Obsessed with the manga. The anime? meh.

I mean, the plot is awesome if you really delve deep into it (Not as deep as say...Death Note, but still) and it's one of those series that the manga ka give tibits before it actually happens. Alot of idea's have come out this way and they have come out true.

It's just the anime i'm not fond of. I'll watch it, but meh.

Years
  • mmm, I was bored to see Naruto and I didn't reach more than 30 chapters :S And I thought that the manga was better than the anime, but nope! I was bored just to watch and watch and watch and know that there were a big bunch of episodes left, annoying! >_< And I didn't like Naruto as the main protagonist >_>

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    What can I say...?

I can say that Naruto is more of a touchy-feely subject then it really needs to be, no thanks to some bandwagon jumpers who haven't even read Naruto because they won't "Touch it with a ten-foot-barge-pole".

But other than that, I think it's a good series. Not a great, omg-wtf-somebody-pinch-me-the-new-episode-chapter-is-out! series, but it's definitely not as horrendous as some people make it out to be. Some concepts bother me, (The orange needs to go. <_< Orange ninja's are not cool, they are colorblind and fashionably impaired.) but others are actually really cool- maybe not original, but cool.

But thanks to this crazy propoganda on the series, most people either HATE IT'S GUTS or LOVE IT LIKE THEIR SIGNIFICANT OTHER. Frankly, the people who can sit in the middle have my respect, because that's exactly the way I see this series. It was definitely very good in the beginning, with the Haku and Zabuza arc, and such. When people talk about the series, "Dragging things on", those people have obviously never watched the atrocity that is Dragon Ball Z. :| But that's a different subject that I'll leave for a different thread.

What I mean is that, people whine and gripe about things that you can find in plenty of other anime, and I think that's just... ugh. Why is Naruto the only one who's deemed Guilty? Objection!

Carrying on.

To me, it's just something to give a slow kick off to my weekly Shounen Jump reads. It's not amazing, it's not horrendous, but it's enjoyable enough to keep up with; maybe skip a few arcs here and there, but hey.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • What can I say...?

I can say that Naruto is more of a touchy-feely subject then it really needs to be, no thanks to some bandwagon jumpers who haven't even read Naruto because they won't "Touch it with a ten-foot-barge-pole".

But other than that, I think it's a good series. Not a great, omg-wtf-somebody-pinch-me-the-new-episode-chapter-is-out! series, but it's definitely not as horrendous as some people make it out to be. Some concepts bother me, (The orange needs to go. <_< Orange ninja's are not cool, they are colorblind and fashionably impaired.) but others are actually really cool- maybe not original, but cool.

But thanks to this crazy propoganda on the series, most people either HATE IT'S GUTS or LOVE IT LIKE THEIR SIGNIFICANT OTHER. Frankly, the people who can sit in the middle have my respect, because that's exactly the way I see this series. It was definitely very good in the beginning, with the Haku and Zabuza arc, and such. When people talk about the series, "Dragging things on", those people have obviously never watched the atrocity that is Dragon Ball Z. :| But that's a different subject that I'll leave for a different thread.

What I mean is that, people whine and gripe about things that you can find in plenty of other anime, and I think that's just... ugh. Why is Naruto the only one who's deemed Guilty? Objection!

Carrying on.

To me, it's just something to give a slow kick off to my weekly Shounen Jump reads. It's not amazing, it's not horrendous, but it's enjoyable enough to keep up with; maybe skip a few arcs here and there, but hey.

Well said, especially the bold-faced part! :cer_nod:

Personally, I'm one of the Naruto-obsessed fans, though :D (it's awesome!!). But, yeah, I wish people at least give the series a chance before dismissing it as so-called "crap".
    IMO, if you've had experiences in real-life that can relate to some of the situations in Naruto (i.e., shattered bonds that one once had and coveted, being despised/hated unfairly by everyone in your surroundings (especially when the hatred stems from something out of your control :(), then the series is actually interesting, or even life-changing to some.
    I just hope that all the people dismissing Naruto can change their pt of view someday, or at least recognize the fact that the Naruto series actually helps some people relate to and/or endure everyday struggles that might go unnoticed in the real world.

P.S. I actually think Naruto's orange outfit is okay, but it could use some more black. The fact that he can act as a ninja wearing orange is astounding in itself; normally that'd be a foolish death sentence :P, but in Naruto's case, it seems like he's so skilled, he can wear orange without getting caught/killed, as a testament to his skill instead of wearing the traditional black of ninja :). That's just how good he is (though many would disagree :laugh:).

Last edited:

Obito.

Uh huh
    Years
  • Nothing wrong with Naruto at all, apart from 1 or 2 boring fillers its great...but im not really a Naruto fan, more than just a fan xD if u get what i mean, its awsome!

Last edited:

b7astoise

GrinchGod
    Years
  • i used to looooooooooooooooooooooove naruto...but..one piece took that title lol...naruto is still one of my faves..anime/manga although the show, if they need to make fillers they should atleast make them fun to watch or...cooler lol and what kills me the most are those scenes where they stare down eachother or it just shows them doing nothing then they talk for about 3 minutes which feels lyk an hour! i want more ninja action i gues and maybe the people that reject the show just cant relate to it..oh well i still think naruto is great :)

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    What can you say about the anime ''Naruto''?

lol.... but no, really, I like Naruto. But the fanbase can get really annoying. I was once cursed out by a commenter on a Bleach video when I said the weapons in Bleach were cooler than the ones in Naruto.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2009
    OMG...Naruto...
    I really don't like that anime very much.
    It's too overrated and everyone makes such a big deal out of it when it's just another normal anime that doesn't really show as much originality as its hyped up to be.
    The plot is only mediocre and the character development isn't that great.
    When I tried to watch/get into it, I watched a few episodes and was just totally bored. There's way too many fillers for its own good. The manga...it's a little better but the anime's just so overrated.

~Sorry to all the Naruto fans who read this. I have nothing against you.

Darklas

Currently in despair.
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Overall, it is ookay but there are many underrated animes that better...
    Bleach is not one of them. *shot*
    Naruto. Bleach. Overrated.
    Overrated = Famous = Even more Overrated.
    I remember the first anime I saw, Naruto. My cousin told me about it. Then after finishing the latest episode, I moved on. Bleach. Why? Because it was famous. There were comments for the videos comparing them.
    Conclusion: Almost everyone, even if not a fan, has seen these overrated animes before. Thus, in manga's top section, these mangas always get seen. Thus, they get more famous and thus become MORE overrated.

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    I don't know alot about Naruto.
    But when I went to America, I watched Naruto for a couple of hours while we were eating and it bored me to death. The plot didn't interest me at all and the voices annoyed me, severely.

I really think Naruto is overrated, I still can't believe so many people enjoy it ^^ But what the hell, as long as I don't watch it again, I'm happy.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • OMG what can't you say about it? I love how Naruto and Sasuke fight like brothers when they aren't. Naruto still hopelessly hits on Sakura. The background music is cool. Choji still thinks he isn't fat. Might Guy is as weird as ever. Lee can fight again! I thought Lee wasn't gonna be able to fight again. Naruto still has his dream and never gives up because of it.....

Manga: Stupid dude who replaces Sasuke. He has no emotions and totally rips on sasuke! Man if I could get my mitts on him.......How come Sakura is a Chunin and Naruto is still a Genin? Naruto could destroy her! Can't wait to see battle between Naruto and Orochimaru when Kabuto is there. If I were Naruto and I saw Kabuto I wouldn't have been sitting there I would have ambushed him right off the bat, because the stupid double crosser didn't die in their first battle!

Anyway love the series:P

CombatArmsWarrior

A new Year is about to begin..
    Years

I can say that the naruto anime is starting to get interesting again like the shippuuden series, but I would Also prefer manga because the manga just doesn't have fillers, but It just skips the story to the actual main point.

Years
  • The only reason I watched the anime was to see how they moved...but it ruined what I had imagined as their voices.

But now, the anime is going through filler hell, as is Bleach. But thats why I'm glad I subscribe to Shonen Jump- I get a good dose of both the Naruto and Bleach manga in English, not censored to badly...and NO FILLERS! xD

*reads English Naruto Shippuden manga*

Last edited:
    Back