• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What computer are you using?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    currently using Mac Pro 2x2.66GHz Intel Xeon, 4GB ram, 3TB HDD, Nvidea 7300GT.

Unfortunately since I can't currently run Ethernet lines to it, I'm having to piggyback my MacBook Pro's Wireless internet. Can't wait til I can bump this up with an AMD Radeon HD 5770.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I've got an HP p6230y it has AMD Phenom II X4 210 Processor with 8GB of RAM 750 GB HDD. I know, I know my computer isn't THAT awesome but it's useable. And came with a Wireless-N antenna.

Years
    currently using Mac Pro 2x2.66GHz Intel Xeon, 4GB ram, 3TB HDD, Nvidea 7300GT.

Unfortunately since I can't currently run Ethernet lines to it, I'm having to piggyback my MacBook Pro's Wireless internet. Can't wait til I can bump this up with an AMD Radeon HD 5770.
    What are you using it for? 8 cores of Xeon goodness. Mmmm...

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    hey, can somebody rate mine? Here are the specs:

AlienWare M11x
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Build 6.1 7600
    Intel U7300 1.30 GHZ dual CPU 1.3 GHZ
    4096 MB RAM
    GeForce 2 GB graphics card
    283 GB hard drive

Years
    hey, can somebody rate mine? Here are the specs:

AlienWare M11x
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Build 6.1 7600
    Intel U7300 1.30 GHZ dual-core CPU 1.3 GHZ
    4096 MB RAM
    GeForce 335m 1GB graphics card
    320 GB hard drive

Fixed. They're good systems, from what I can see and I'm really close to getting one.
    The CPU is a little lacking, though. I know it's because it's a ULV and all, but it still limits games like Bad Company 2 and newer Source games, such as TF2 and L4D2. If you don't have the hinge issue that a lot of them seem to, then you should be fine. :D

Years
    I'm currently running an ASUS x83v series laptop. Not much to balk at in this day, but it gets the job done and reliably.

As soon as I can find a matched pair of PowerPC G5fx (part number 630-6611) processors for a not completely overinflated and ridiculous price, I'll be running a Power Mac G5 instead.

Master Bait

ಥ‿ಥ
    Years
    I have a computer in my home. I use it when doing projects, resumes using MS Office 2010 and for entertainment. Specs;
    Internal;
    Motherboard: Asus-P7P55D-E
    Processor: 2.5GHz i5 Core
    Memory: 9GB RAM
    Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5970 & 5870
    PCI: TV Tuner, RAID Card
    Storage: 1.5Tb
    Also using USB 3.0.
    External;
    Samsung SyncMaster B1740R 17" LCD Monitor
    Optimus Maximus Keyboard
    Canon IPF820 Printer
    Ultrasone 8 Headphones

I also have an Alienware M11x laptop and it never gave me any problem for 6 months. I mainly use it for programming and testing software. Specs;
    Processor: 1.3GHz Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300
    Memory: 4GB RAM
    Storage: 500GB hard drive
    Optical Drive: None
    Screen: 11.6 inches (1,366×768 native resolution)
    Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 335M (1GB) and integrated Intel GMA 4500MHD
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    What are you using it for? 8 cores of Xeon goodness. Mmmm...

Right now it's mainly just being used to convert DVDs for archive and streaming later. I'll really test this machine once I receive my IcyDock 2.5" to 3.5" SSD adapter arrives. I got a 40GB Intel X25 SSD that I'll be using as my boot drive. It should give me a little more pep when it comes to the Adobe creative suite as well as the system overall. (I'll be moving the home directory over to one of the 1TB mechanical drives for storage, so the SSD will purely be system.

Years
    Right now it's mainly just being used to convert DVDs for archive and streaming later. I'll really test this machine once I receive my IcyDock 2.5" to 3.5" SSD adapter arrives. I got a 40GB Intel X25 SSD that I'll be using as my boot drive. It should give me a little more pep when it comes to the Adobe creative suite as well as the system overall. (I'll be moving the home directory over to one of the 1TB mechanical drives for storage, so the SSD will purely be system.
    I'd be getting another 1TB drive and RAID1 them. Redundancy gogogo. You're using that beast for backing up DVDs? I suppose the Adobe suite is a reasonable excuse. :P

Alistair, I don't see the point in putting together a PowerPC system. They're already outdated (You're stuck with Leopard, too) and can't trade blows with the Intel consumer CPUs as it is.

I'm going to be buying a Macbook Pro 13 over the next few weeks, I just need enough money.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I'd be getting another 1TB drive and RAID1 them. Redundancy gogogo. You're using that beast for backing up DVDs? I suppose the Adobe suite is a reasonable excuse. :P

Actually, I probably will be setting two of the Internal HDDs to a RAID 1, though I'm waiting until I can install my ssd boot drive before I do that. the system is currently residing on one of the 1TB drives I will be using for the RAID1 so I'm just using it to back up DVDs until I get everything I need to set it up the way I want.

Years
    Well, for one, I got the system for free, and I don't have the funds to invest in a new Mac Pro, or even a new computer at all. Plus, all the OS X applications I use are universal binaries, so support for Snow Leopard and Beyond is a non-issue as of now. I'm also perfectly fine using the last PowerPC-supported binary if support for the architecture is dropped. To be honest, I'm not picky about my computers, so long as they run what I need/want them to and do it well, and the Power Mac G5 suits my needs and then some.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    Custom Built Machine:
    Intel Core i7 950 3.07 GHz Quad Core
    6 GB Triple Channel 1600 MHz G.Skill Memory
    XFX GTX 260 896 MB Vram
    1 TB SATA 6.0 Gb\s Hard Drive 7200 RPM
    *200 GB SATA 3.0 Gb\s Hard Drive 5400 RPM
    750 watt power supply
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

*Used as an Image Drive for easy restorations.

Years
    Actually, I probably will be setting two of the Internal HDDs to a RAID 1, though I'm waiting until I can install my ssd boot drive before I do that. the system is currently residing on one of the 1TB drives I will be using for the RAID1 so I'm just using it to back up DVDs until I get everything I need to set it up the way I want.
    Yeah, just keep in mind you will need to format the drive to put it into an array, so make sure you have an external drive to move everything to.
    Well, for one, I got the system for free, and I don't have the funds to invest in a new Mac Pro, or even a new computer at all. Plus, all the OS X applications I use are universal binaries, so support for Snow Leopard and Beyond is a non-issue as of now. I'm also perfectly fine using the last PowerPC-supported binary if support for the architecture is dropped. To be honest, I'm not picky about my computers, so long as they run what I need/want them to and do it well, and the Power Mac G5 suits my needs and then some.
    Fair enough, I just thought you were chasing down a particular machine. If you already have it, then by all means, it's fine.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I'm using an HP Mini 210. When I get a job, I will save for Alienware so I can play WoW and what not C:.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    I have a 27'' iMac, 4GB of RAM and 1TB HD. ATI Radeon 4760 graphics card and bla bla bla..

It's trucking awesome. :)

Years
    I just bought this:

Macbook Pro 13" 2010
    Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz
    4 GB Ram
    250GB HDD
    Nvidia 320m Graphics

Absolutely loving everything except Counter Strike's performance.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Well, I got this for my B.day

Samsung R530
    Dual Core T4400 2.2GHz

3 GB RAM
    320 GB Hard Draive
    Not sure about Graphics

I love it, aside from the fact, it has a rubbish internet connection. I cannot sit in my room with it since it cannot connect from that short distance, when my mum and dad's both can.

Back