• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What computer are you using?

Years
  • Took Archer's advice from a few months back and got myself a MacBook Pro for the ol' birthday, upgrading my 3-year-old MacBook. The most notable difference is that the hard drive is so much larger, and the processor seems to be a lot quicker. And the battery life is amazing. Please don't kill me, twocows!
    The battery life is what I did it for. :D I'm thinking of upgrading mine to 8GB ram and a 1TB HDD, but all in due time.
    A few year old MacBook Pro.
    • Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.26 GHz
    • 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM
    • 250 GB HDD
    • Nvidia GeForce 9400 mGPU
    • Mac OS X Snow Leopard + Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit​
    Massive love.
    That's a 2009 Model? They're still great.

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Years
  • I'm using a Compaq Presario V6110us. I upgraded the RAM to 2.12 gb.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I'm using a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 14". Took me a while to realise that Lenovo made some of the best laptops available commercially but I'm glad I've caught on. No hassels whatsoever.

A side note to people praising MacBook for it's amazing battery life - you could just buy an extra two batteries or so for a laptop of similar hardware specs that is Windows with the price you put into a MacBook Pro. Furthermore, with the extra two batteries, the total battery life of the other laptop will be lak, orzum.

Years
  • I'm using a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 14". Took me a while to realise that Lenovo made some of the best laptops available commercially but I'm glad I've caught on. No hassels whatsoever.

A side note to people praising MacBook for it's amazing battery life - you could just buy an extra two batteries or so for a laptop of similar hardware specs that is Windows with the price you put into a MacBook Pro. Furthermore, with the extra two batteries, the total battery life of the other laptop will be lak, orzum.

Without starting an argument, you can't bring price into it quite like that. Given the already-slim form-factor of the Macbook Pro, I don't think carrying around even one extra battery in your Uni backpack comes without taking up extra space (and weight, which is big with batteries). Not to mention that you'd need to keep tabs on charging both of them and turn it off to swap batteries.

How something suits your needs should come before price. Quality is up there, too. Sure, the Thinkpads are good quality, but there's a lot of crap out there that's 20% cheaper than the main budget PC brands. That doesn't make it better value.

When buying computers (or parts, for that matter), I go for quality and what I WANT first. Specs are one of the later things that I look at, after the price.

That said, those ThinkPad Edges are quite nice. If I were to get another Windows laptop, they'd definitely be on my list of possibilities.

Last edited:

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Mine's an old, beat up Sony Vaio. Cost nearly $1500 in 2005 and now I'd be lucky to get $150 for it. Here are its awesome stats:

768MB RAM (upgraded by 256MB, hurrr)
    Pentium M @ 1.73GHz
    120GB HDD (upgrade, that I use ~30GB of for OS files and temporary storage.. permanent storage is the external)
    missing 8 key (I have to google "eight" and c&p each time)
    broken optical tray cover
    battery completely dead as of 09/2008
    useless PCMCIA slot
    acrylic paint all over the bezel, speakers, and top
    two non-functional programmable power state keys

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2011
    costom built gaeing multimeida rig biostar a760gm2+ amd 64x2 5000+ blackedition 4 gigs of ocz platinum extream eenhanced bandwith 1066mhz ddr2 sapphire radeon hd 5770 1gb ddr3 1xocz ssd 12ogb 2x western digtal caviar blue 250gb with r.a.i.d. 0 and asus my cinema tv tunner card and win 7 pro 64bit

JimJams

Giggles at the Ghosties
    Years
  • Macbook Pro with a 15 inch screen. It's about two years old.
    It certainly does not have amazing battery life, and I've had the battery replaced. :v

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    An old one. Seriously, it sounds like a tractor. It used to be so quiet, as well... I look forward to getting a new one at some point in the future.

Years
  • Macbook Pro with a 15 inch screen. It's about two years old.
    It certainly does not have amazing battery life, and I've had the battery replaced. :v

I'm assuming that it's not one of the Unibody versions, then? The old ones didn't have the best battery life.

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
    Years
  • I use three things

Custom computer-skeleton case, 6gbddr3 ram, intel i7 3.4ghz quad core, 4 250gb HDDs, 1 500gb HDD, and a 2TB HDD. ASUS Rampage II motherboard. Ubuntu, Windows XP performance (modded by my friend), Windows XP professional sp2, and Windows 7 Home Premium.

Dell Studio-6gbddr3 ram, intel i7 1.8ghz quad core duo, 650GB HDD, Windows 7 Home premium, Ubuntu (broken screen as of yesterday, so I can't work on any of my programs or rom hacks till it's fixed)

iPad (I HATE Apple, jsyk) I don't know how much ram, 32 GB SSD, iOS, I'm using this ATM since my other two are broken.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Dell Inspiron N5110

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1
    Memory: 8 GB
    CPU: Intel Core i7 @ 2.00GHz (Quad Core)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M
    HDD: 600 GB
    WEI: 5.9 (7.4; 7.6; 5.9; 6.6; 5.9)

:)

MonsterMMORPG

Monster Game Developer
    Years
  • I am using of course custom pc. It is really important for me to have a very strong and fast pc.

Graphic card : Geforce GTX 470 AMP
    CPU : Core i7 2600K @ 4.8 GHZ daily
    Ram : 16 GB DDR3 1333
    3 x OCZ SSD 60 gb as raid 0 : 750 mb read / sec
    2 x 2 TB as raid 1
    SyncMaster BX2450 monitor

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    It's a Compaq Presario from 2006. I'm poor, so sue me XD

Monitor: HP S2031 (Until very recently, it was the HP vs17e that came with the computer, but it died.)
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3800 (2.41 GHz)
    RAM: 512 MB
    Video: NVidia Geforce 6150 LE
    HDD: 140 GB

Needless to say, I've never played Dragon Age :(

Major Tom

♖♞♝♚ ♛♝♞♖
    Years
  • Im using a Acer Aspire One D257 Netbook.

I still only have Windows 7 Starter on it and Intel Atom.

Its not the best computer I have ever owned but it's still pretty good for a netbook it's size.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • My computer is a barebone - it has an intel i5 2.7 duo processor, nVidia 8000gs (I think), a 1TB hard drive, 3 GB of RAM, and more. o3o

Back