• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What did you do with your Pansage/Pansear/Panpour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • You know in Black & White, at the Dreamyard there is a girl who gives you an elemental monkey to help you in the Striaton Gym battle.

The monkey receive depends on your starter:

Snivy = Panpour
    Tepig = Pansage
    Oshawott = Pansear

I just want to know, after the Striaton Gym what did you do with your monkey?

Did you evolve it or box it? Or maybe released it due to a bad nature?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Only used Pansage against Cress and a little bit after that due to me teaching it Cut but I boxed it very soon afterwards.

flubbateios

I used pansear against Cilan and then I traded it away to my friend for free, I got a patrat rofl

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I used Pansear against Cilan, then eventually sent it to the PC before I got to Nacrene. In White, I kept Pansage until before I challenged Skyla (of course, I evolved it).

Years
  • I had Snivy as my starting Pokemon so I ended up with Panpour which I used to defeat the Stration Gym Leader. I used it for a while longer as ultimately I wanted a team of Dark and Dragon types and the only Dark type at the time was Liepard. Eventually the monkey got ditched into the PC, never to see the light of day again.

This is my post for the 7th December, Kaori.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Why would you even 'release it due to a bad nature'? That doesn't make sense cause you could also just box it and keep it.

Boxed it cause it's a sucky Pokémon, couldn't even be bothered to evolve it.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Evolved it since I needed a water type. After the storyline, it's become an HM slave.

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
  • Dropped them in the box and didn't retrieve them till I had a chance to evolve them for my pokedex, then I dropped them back in the box

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Got rid of it as soon as possible... I found other ways to beat the 1st Gym.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Box'd it.

Definitely not a fan of the aesthetics and the base stats did not make it an attractive choice for my team. :<

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I trained it, then used it against the next gym leader; then after some training I evolved it and then stored it in my PC Box, never to be seen again.

awbbie

Ruin Maniac
    Years
  • I served it in a light mornay sauce used it to beat they gym, taught it to use cut, boxed it. Sorry to all the monkey lovers.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • I used it to beat the gym, and cut at the dream yard, although i got a good natured one, I decided not to train it mainly because I just didn't like it that much.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I kept my Panpour and evolved it. I quite liked it surprisingly, but... I eventually found other Pokemon that I wanted, so I boxed it.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    I immediately boxed my Panpour, as seems to be the general trend here. It just didn't fit into my team. I really didn't like the inclusion of the elemental monkeys at all, it seemed like they were trying to undermine the traditional rival-has-a-type-advantage-over-you system.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • I used Pansear against Cilan but boxed him soon after because of his weak attacks and I had no real need for a fire type after that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back