• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What did you do with your Pansage/Pansear/Panpour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
Years
  • I don't really like the elemental monkies. I used them in Striaton City against Cilan but after that I threw my Pansear away. I took it out of the box to evolve it into a Simisear to help fill my Pokedex, but that's all I ever used it. Plus, there are way better Pokemon to use rather than the monkies.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    If I remember correctly, I had Pansage help me with the first gym, but after I got more of my team members I went and boxed it forever. Since I already knew what I was going to have on my team, there was no need to me to keep it after using it for it's initial purpose, really.

Magikarp Queen

Magikarp Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    Let's see, I got a Pansear...My friend told me not to evolve it until it learned Crunch, but I never felt like training it, so it's just rotting in my box. Eventually I'll use the stone on it...eventually.

Markichuuuuu

YouTube LP'er :3
    Years
  • My first play through I received a Pansage and I actually used it throughout the game. I'm on my second play through I got Pansear and love it so far, but I'm not looking forward to evolving it. I don't really like the dreadlock/tentacle things it will grow from it's head.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I tried training my Pansage and use it as the main grass type on my team. But it wasn't interesting to have, compared to Swadloon~ So i placed it in da box in da PC. And it will probably stay there.

But outside the games, I really love these elemental monkeys :3

Infernal_Storm

Blazing Hero
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2012
    I really liked the design of Simisage, so I kept my Pansage (who was really underachieving for my team) until lv 43 to learn Crunch, and even when it evolved, it was still having troubles. It was boxed not long after the storyline to make way for my Venusaur.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    I would use him for the gym, but then box them. There not really that usefull in the long run and you can easily find a replacement

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • My first time one Black I got a Pansear. I tried integrating it into my team, but when its Incinerate move barely did any damage, it ended up getting boxed.

I really liked its flame head, too. :/
    I like all the Elemental Monkey designs, even. It's a shame that Simisage is the only evolution that proves to be an upgrade of the original monkey design, rather than a downgrade.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back