• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Did You Name You, Your Rival, and Your Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
  • Me: Edward as me in real life
    Rival: Silver because i can see he been anyone else =)
    Pokemon: i not a big fan of nicknaming pokemons so they have the original name.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    me - Merdith ...it would be merEdith...but there are NEVER enough spaces :(
    rival - Kamon ...poKAMON.....its been my rivals name since blue version....lol i was little and didn't know how to spell
    pokemon...they're all named after last names of hobbits....don't even ask...
    Ursaring – Proudfoot
    Crobat – Took
    Espeon – Labingi
    Tyranitar – Gamgee
    Kingdra – Galbasi
    Donphan – Fallohide
    Gyrados – Brandybuck
    Scisor – Hlothran
    Heracross – Boffin

Years
  • HeartGold~
    Me: Ashley (b/c that's my name. Not trying to copy Ash Ketchum. He copied me. XD)
    Rival: Kamon
    Pokemon:

Lanturn--Starlight
    Ariados--Arach-kid
    Typhlosion--Thailava
    Togekiss--Angel (b/c it's pokedex says "As everyone knows, it visits peaceful regions, bringing them gifts of kindness and sweet blessings.")
    Eevee--Crescent
    Miltank--Strawberry

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2010
    Me: Jenn
    Rival: Liam (lol my friend's name, he used to have red hair :P)
    Pokemon:
    I only renamed some of my Pokemon when I recreated Team Red.

Venusaur - Saur
    Blastoise - Blasty

Torterrax

Is loving Torterra... <3
    Years
  • Me: Molly (My real name)
    Rival: Bryan (After my dead cat... xD Yes, not such a nice name to give to your rival, huh?)
    Pokemon: Jimmy (Meganium), Baba (Ampharos), Flower (Pidgeot), Crush (Butterfree), Goldy (Seaking) and Rainbow (Ho-Oh)

Yeah, not that interesting... I've had this game for... 2 or 3 weeks... It's not that great, really...

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2011
    Generation II was my first game. I always named the character after myself, because it made it seem more like I was really in the events I was playing. I used to name my rival Kade. Kade was the name of this kid who made fun of me and beat me up at school and would always get away with it (the teacher was aware of what he did to me, but she never did anything about it). The world of the Pokemon was the only place I could outdo him at things. Now that I'm older though, I usually give the protagonist and rival their default name. As a kid I would sometimes name my pokemon, but now I don't anymore...I'm not very good at it.

Years
  • I picked the girl character, and named her Yumi. ^^
    Rival: Ryo (He looks like a Ryo to me)
    And my current team is...
    Swellow: Soulebird (named after trainer who traded him to me)
    Hypno: Mr. A-Z
    Polliwrath: BinyaBinya
    Jolteon: Spikes
    Magnolium (sp? ^^; ): Chikii
    Ninetails: Kit

I love nicknames. :3

Last edited:

Pokemaster-USA

Pokepwner
    Years
  • I named myself lance after the greatest leauge champion ever
    my rivals name is cbiskt after the racing horse seabisket
    and I don't name my pokemon because of an old habit when all the sprites looked the same.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2010
    well i named my guy in soul silver Juan(my name) but when i was supposed to name my rival(you know when the cop comes and asks you) i thought you really were supposed to know his name.(when your rival drops his id card or whatever). so i just put ok, accidentally naming my rival heart(the preset name lol).

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2010
    Me:Eric
    Rival:Silver
    Team:
    Blazer the Charizard
    Emporer the Nidoking
    Hydro the Shiney Gyrados

Years
  • Me: Kyle(my middle name)
    Rival: i used 2 name him a curse word just 4 lol's, but i stopped doing that...nowadays i just name him ????? eh, works 4 me....

edit: this was on regular gold version, i havent gotten HG yet but i will b soon...

Last edited:

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • My name: Jake. My real name.
    Rival's name: James. Nostalgia boost, originally chosen in Gold because it was my dad's name, IIRC.
    Starter's name: Brotodile. Because he's a Totodile, and he's a bro. Was going to be Toto for a stacking nostalgia boost, but I decided against it. The change of name is symbolic for how I was changing my play style, to try and get strategic with battling, instead of just using my overpowered starter like I used to.

...But mainly because he's a bro.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2022
    Version: SoulSilver
    My name: Z
    Rival: Silver
    Team:
    Astra (Jolteon), Mizu (Magmar), Bobo (Togekiss), Jento (Nidoking), Eva (Kingdra), Alecto (Metagross)

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • In my HG my name is Gold, my rival is Silver, and my starter is Tree Head.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    I made my name Danny, because that's my name.
    Rival's name is DUMBASS, because that's what I made it years ago on my original silver cartridge.
    My only nicknamed poke is my Feraligatr, and its nickname is Carnifex, because that's a kickass band, and because it's latin for "Executioner". Pretty BA if you ask me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back