• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you name yourself and rival in D/P/Pt?

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
    I never use my real name. It is not good to do that because of Identity theft. It is best to use a name related to something else and nothing related personally.:)

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    In Diamond and Pearl my name is Kimmy and my rival is Tommy.

In Platinum my name is Dean and my rival is Erica.

LightEspeon ♥!

Espeon is awesome!
    Years
    On pearl I called my self SillyPK and my Rival Evey.
    When I get Platinum I will call myself SillyPK and My Rival Poohead xD. (like in Crystal)

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I never use my real name. It is not good to do that because of Identity theft. It is best to use a name related to something else and nothing related personally.:)

Come on, unless you have a very rare name, that's a bit pointless :P There's millions of Samuels/Thomases/Emmas etc in the world.

I used to name my character VICTOR, but in my 4th gen games, I use my real name. My rival in Pearl is Ralph (one of the defaults; I thought it suited him); in Platinum, I named him after my friend :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2010
    Me: Erick

Rival: Pearl

I wish I could change my name now :( I've been reading the manga and now I wanna be called Dia, 'cause I'm exactly like him. lol

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Me : Ash
    No not based on Ash from the series
    My name is Ashley :(

Rival / Friend : Daniel
    My Friend

Joe-kun

GOOD GOOD SMILE!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    Trainer: Joe
    Rival: Jake

Myself and a friend, just because I didn't care for the default names. I still love how Red and Blue had "Ash" in Gary's default names.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    I named myself Luis, and named my rival Sean. I used the same names for all 3 versions.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2010
    I have played it and I have made my name Ash and I call my Rival Brendan. I love to fight with him with great graphics.

Back