• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you name yourself and rival in D/P/Pt?

itsgoallen

... Gay Trainer?
    Years
    I always name my character as Marco cause it's my real name. In Diamond I named the rival Barry, in Platinum just Pearl.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    In my new platinum save, I named my character "Damn!" just because Damn = Dawn lol

And i'm not going to post my rival's name, someone is just going to get offended ~_~

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    I name myself Fantasi always. I almost never use my real name in the games.
    As for my rival, I always name him Barry. (1st generic name/appeared in anime.)
    Yep.
    :)

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Me: Kevin
    Rival: Pearl

I like using my real name as my character's name, and I think Pearl is his manga name.

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    My name in pearl was Nevada and for a short time my pokemon were named after states. (I'm innocent but I know it was a dumb choice naming my exploration team in pokemon mystery dungeon after a swear!)

DasherPunch

Chibi Chimchar FTW
    Years
    I have named myself the same In all games I remember. Usually I name myself after myself and my rival after my (annoying) brother. NOTE: the names are Finnish.

Me: Juhani (Johnny, pronounced "you-honey" with a short "you")
    Rival: Lauri (Larry, pronounced "law-ry" or something like that, I dunno)

Back