• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen what did you scream at the top of your lungs when you heard the news?

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Me: "OH MY GAWRSH!!!"

I was so delighted there was a new gen and even more excited to see theres a frog starter :D

Looking at the "X" legendary(v_v excuse me for not remembering its name just yet) it looked totally majestic.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Before the Pokémon Direct presentation, I was hoping for a Generation VI. Then when Pokémon Direct started going back through all the old games, I started yelling out "GENERATION VI!!! GENERATION VI!!!", then when they announced Pokémon X and Y, I was like "OH MY GOODNESS, IT IS GENERATION VI!!! I KNEW GENERATION VI WOULD COME! I'M SO EXCITED, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEW GAMES!!!". xD

And even now, I've got so much excitement going through me right now. xD

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2020
When I read the news at first I was kinda disappointed because I was hoping that it was going to finally be a cross-region game. However, once I saw Fennekin as the fire-type starter I instantly shouted "I WANT ONE!" A new fox pokemon is really nice; I'm always at odds with myself wondering which eeveelutions count and there's obviously Vulpix/Ninetales. That doesn't mean that there's enough fox-like pokemon, though :b

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
When I saw it I was like "oh cool, gen VI is out, wished it would've been RSE remakes but whatever, only means that Hoenn will be filled with new stuff later" xD I tend to be calm xD

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
I didn't scream out loud but in my head I was screaming : "OMG FINALLY NEW GENERATION! AND 3D MODELS. OMG. OMG!!"
Or something along those lines. :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2013
Is anyone as excited as I am for X and Y?

I really am looking forward to the new generation of Pokemon. This is a new direction for Pokemon and so far I'm a big fan.

I'm having a hard time debating whether to pick Fennekin or Chespin as my starter. Forakie didn't really appeal to me. Xerneas and Yveltal are awesome as well.

What are your thoughts on the game?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I woke up got ready and hopped on my bus around 4 hours after it was announced. I remembered their was supposed to be an announcement so I went onto Zelda Informer.
Pokemon x & Y? What is that... I read the article about Pokemon being in 3D, yada yada. I wasn't to pleased or rather I was confused / shocked at we were at Gen VI already.

After grabbing my breakfast I headed into class, plugged in my phone, went to youtube and seached up the trailer. Had to hold in my excitment but inside I was like...
"OMG!! New Pokemon Game! 3D!!! I need to share this with everyone!!! So cool. :DDDDD"

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
When I learned about this, I guess I took the news calmly. I knew it was going to be a new pokemon game, so I wasn't really screaming or anything, but I was happy. Sometimes I just burst into excitement though, so later, after dinner I started jumping around. My parents thought I was angry about something and asked me if anything happened in school...

ZettaSlowbro

Veteran
Years
I'll admit, when I first saw the Pokemon of this Generation, I very much detested them. I mean, a Pokemon shaped in a "Y"? Come on.

Um, I'd just like to point out these Pokemon from gen II:
unown.jpg

Back on topic, I checked up the announcement while at college so there was no showing from me, but I was pleased.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
My reaction to the news of gen 6 was completely different from my reaction to gen 5. I knew the Announcement was gonna be 5am my time but I figured I'd stay up to watch the stream. So I hopped on the PC IRC and Pokemon Direct to watch it. It was the only think I thought about all day.My heart was pounding minutes before the announcement and it was pounding even faster when Iwata finally started the trailer. Throughout the whole thing my mouth was wide open. The graphics were amazing and I was like "Oh wow amazing graphics." Then the starters were shown and my reaction to Chespin was "Awwww"
Fennekin: Woow cool. For once I might be getting the fire-type"
Froakie: Ehh. Interesting. (My opinion has changed since then)

Then the legendaries , Xerneas and Yveltal , came and I was in awe.
Yveltal: Dang that thing's beastly. so cool!
Xerneas: OOOOhhh it's antlers are so pretty!
When I heard the titles of the game and thought "X AND Y??? Really? They're going with letters now?" But soon after hearing what the concept behind I thought "that actually sounds pretty creative." And then I went on Facebook and told all my friends about. (Particularly all of my Pokemon-loving friends.) And then after that I literally started jumping for joy and shooting. (Not too loud cause my family was still sleeping. lol)

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
My reaction? It was 10PM at night, I was rather tired after speculating about the announcement with my friends, which was an argument of R/S/E Remakes and Generation 6. When I tuned into the announcement afterwards I just sat there for a few seconds, my mouth dropped open and then I started shouting excitedly a whole sentence of nonsense, jumping up and down insanely.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I didn't really scream anything. I was too in shock and excited to say anything. If I did scream something, it would've been something like "WHOA! GEN 5 WAS SHORT!"

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
I watched the trailer like 20 times and was still confused. Then I realized it was for 3DS and had to think about how to get one. Finally I realized I could come back to PC and fangirl with you guys.

tbuggy10

Scarlet Weavile
Years
At first, I was on Google looking at Fakemon and I came across this...I saw the Gen 6 starters. I was all like "THIS CANNOT...BE HAPPENING...THIS JUST CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!!!" Just look at Froakie...But the one I was most interested in was Chespin. I don't like the feet on it, it's just weird. After a while of reading about it on Bulbapedia, I sort of got used to it. But still...I can't believe what they did to the people sprites!! I hate it! I just flipping hate it! The pokemon are okay, but the people are the only thing I dislike. Well yeah, that's about it. I also drew a pic of Chespin, to sort of support it! :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I was happy and instantly come on here after the news (as my emblem shows). I stayed up for 3 hours after the news too (I woke up at 3am at my time).

Batel

A nothing.
Years
I was in a group at the time, and we were all watching the new trailer(it was the first we'd all heard of it). Both my friend and I more or less yelled: "ZOMG NEW FIRE TYOE LUKZ AWEZOME, TOTALLY GETTING THAT!!" and then looked at each other awkwardly and said:
"Oh, it's going to be one of /those/ pokémon."

Back