• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What did you use your mascot for?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I just used it for N and Ghetsis. After that, I put Zekrom in the box for infinite. :P

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
    Lol my Zekrom is a bench warmer sitting in box 5

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I used Zekrom as my main fighter, but now he's Lv 100 and resting in my pc box. I used to train my Reshiram alot to, then I saw it had a hindering nature and lost interest in keeping training it. :'(

Luckily for me the natures didn't really prevent me from using the mascot! Just kiiinda didn't care then.

Actually now I find myself using my Zekrom more and more, especially to fly me around and to battle wild Ditto and Munna to capture. ;)

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Absolutely nothing.
    I got a terrible nature and didn't feel like playing through the entire "endgame" again, so I just dumped Reshiram into a box.
    I managed to get a Zekrom later (for PokeDex purposes) though, and since he already knew Fly I used him as my "Fly guy." The fact that he was Adamant made him useful in battle...and now he's one of my strongest Pokemon! He rarely leaves my team.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Nothing really. I caught it, used it to battle N and Ghetsis and in the box it went. I don't really like to have the mascots - and legendary pokemon at all for that matter - in my teams. I dunno...just makes me feel like I'm cheating.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2016
    I keep my Zekrom on one of my game teams (I sort my pokemon by teams) as I intended her to be part of said team (Yes, her. Genderless so I prefer to see genderless as "Pick your own" and named her Tesla. ) Reshiram however I didn't use, my best friend used it so we could match together.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'll be honest. I used Zekrom to beat the E4, but it wasn't a really good Pokemon. but it did made it through the E4. After that it went inside the PC Box collecting dust.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    I had planned to use Reshiram to help me to beat the Elite Four in the beginning of the game, but, as we actually catch it AFTER beating the E4, I just boxed it forever then, since it wasn't useful anymore for me.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Basically the same as everyone else, both of my legends just sit in a PC Box. I used them both in my Ghetsis battle, I didn't play on it in White but then my team was too weak so I did anyway.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I kept it as a part of my team, it's probably the only legendary Pokemon I've ever used in an in-game team.

Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jun 4, 2014
    I like using Zekrom on my team for its electric type attacks since there are no electric Pokemon I've ever liked until Zekrom came along (plus it being Dragon/Electric makes it even better).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I used my Zekrom in White to beat N, cause I thought I had to lol. And again with Reshiram in Black, then on my second playthrough I realized I didn't have to and haven't done so ever since. They just go and hang out in my box and add to my Dex. ;( I need to RNG the Zekrom in my White though, so now they'll be pawns of my RNG wishes. kekeke.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I used Reshiram to beat N and Ghetsis in Black and it was a strong Pokemon and very helpful. I'm also using it post game to help get through with the level jump. In White I didn't use Zekrom at all, I just caught it and boxed it and that was the end of it. I don't like Zekrom as much.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Did? No. Do? I will be using it against the legendary unless I find a hole in my team against Ghetsis. After that, I will probably not be using it often, if at all. Watchog will be the Pokémon I use to catch it and eventually return to my Box.

If it is indeed true that fainting it will not require you catching it now...I may just catch it at Dragonspiral Tower later if I land a crit. or something early on and then Box it. We'll see.

Cyclone

Years
    Reshiram was part of my first team, until he hit L100. Now, he sits in the box with other L100 pokemon as I train up another team of L100 pokemon to join him (sorry, I got a penchant of training pokemon to L100. Last time my friends called me crazy because I had a L100 Raticate that I caught at L2 and was the first pokemon I caught in my FR. He's very weak though).

I got a Zekrom through the GTS for pokedex purposes initially, but then I decided to train him to 100 so my Smeargle can learn Bolt Strike (he already knows Blue Flare).

Back