• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Do People Assume About You?

Yukari

Apparently one common assumption is that I play football. It's because I'm very tall and stout. (6' 4" and 277lbs) Truth is I really dislike football.

Also it used to be pretty common that people would think I'm a bully. I don't know if it's because of my size (Which would be a stupid reason) or because I don't really show much emotion. (Or, at least it's really hard to tell without talking to me.)

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Nearly every person I talk to online has assumed that I hated them before we actually talked, which I suppose means that my posts have Resting Bitch Face on them or something. Offline, this isn't as common but it's not unheard of. I don't think the assumption is unreasonable, I'm well aware of how I come off to others. Resting Bitch Face isn't a physical attribute in my case, but an aspect of my personality that people take one look at and go wild with. I'm really quite friendly and lovely, but I suppose the need to be forthright and blunt about almost everything I think tells people otherwise. People always tell me they're surprised by how nice I really am after a couple of conversations, which I find kinda weird? I like to think I'm just as publicly kind to my friends as I am publicly frank about my thoughts, but I guess not.

This whole Resting Bitch Face thing also gives people the impression I'm impossibly arrogant, with about the same number of cases online and offline. I most certainly do give in to arrogance at times, but the level of arrogance that people perceive I have is exactly that; perceived. It really couldn't be further from the truth in regards to how I feel about myself.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • There's a lot of correct assumptions people have of me, so I'm going to stick with ones that are false:

Online:
    • That I watch anime. I don't. Nothing against it, I just don't.
    • That I'm a boy. I guess it's because of how I type on occasions and some of my avatar choices.

Offline:
    • That I don't trust anyone. I'm actually willing to trust anyone with sensitive matters given that they prove themselves capable of keeping secrets.
    • That I'm cold or possibly hostile. When it happens I'm really just upset and want to be left alone.
    • That I'm some sort of technological prodigy. I just know hardware crud because it's a hobby...
    • That being a PC gamer first and foremost means that I play nothing but first person shooters. Most of the games I play are either older games running on emu, or games that are only mainstream to its specific following.

I guess one that goes for both is that I'm an extreme pessimist...I often identify as a realist.

Last edited:

Lucid

Oh, I just thought of one....and interestingly enough, I get this quite often, so I'm surprised I didn't think of this earlier!

So, my skin being pretty tan, not a whole lot of people really guess my ethnicity right. I mean, when you see me, it's mostly pretty obvious, but I've been called Cuban, Mexican, Dominican, and even Arabic. When I was a kid, my skin was apparently light enough that people just assumed I was white as well. u_u
    Tanned skin is really pretty.

Apparently one common assumption is that I play football. It's because I'm very tall and stout. (6' 4" and 277lbs) Truth is I really dislike football.

Also it used to be pretty common that people would think I'm a bully. I don't know if it's because of my size (Which would be a stupid reason) or because I don't really show much emotion. (Or, at least it's really hard to tell without talking to me.)

It's awesome to be tall, you can reach things for the shorties around you.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • There's a lot of correct assumptions people have of me, so I'm going to stick with ones that are false:

Offline:
    • That I don't trust anyone. I'm actually willing to trust anyone with sensitive matters given that they prove themselves capable of keeping secrets.
    • That I'm cold or possibly hostile. When it happens I'm really just upset and want to be left alone.
    • That I'm some sort of technological prodigy. I just know hardware crud because it's a hobby...
    • That being a PC gamer first and foremost means that I play nothing but first person shooters. Most of the games I play are either older games running on emu, or games that are only mainstream to its specific following.

I guess one that goes for both is that I'm an extreme pessimist...I often identify as a realist.
    Hey, most of these offline assumptions sound like me, especially the technological prodigy. My family thinks just because I know what RAM means I'm the next Bill Gates haha :l

You sound like a cool guy though. Don't let prejudice put you down mate, realists are just people with a clearer view of the world.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    I've had people say on PC that they've been intimidated, afraid of, or hated me because they thought I was a bit of an a$$ hole.

IRL, mostly because of my stature (about 6'6", 200 cm), I've had people say they've been intimidated, afraid of, or hated me because they thought I was a bit of an a$$ hole.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • IRL I've been getting a lot of commentary that I'm really brave, confident and have my life put together. That's because I've managed to move to another country, find a place to live and get a job in a pretty short period of time. I mean I kind of appreciate it but at the same time I'm riddled with a lot of anxiety and depression.

online idk maybe people think i'm a dickhead. i'm really cool though B)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    IRL: quiet, boring, an outcast, pretty much (not that they are wrong, you know)
    Online: I don't know, nobody ever told me (could be related to me either being to specific for anybody to deal with, or being too passive all the other times)

Years
  • Some people assume I'm asocial and that I don't interact well with others nor fit in, or at least they used to.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Well, I guess people think I'm intimidating and reserved? Which.. I'm quite concerned about, haha. ;___;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    On here, it seems like people assume that I'm too easily swayed by my emotions, while I think I'm actually quite rational and calm nowadays.

Offline, people have assumed that I'm always happy and don't have any deep worries. Until I break down and spill it all 8)

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I kind of have a resting bitch face :(

More often than not, instead of a smile, I'll give a Mona Lisa one instead. I'll think I'm visibly smiling, but I'm not, and ugh people tend to think I'm cranky or mean and I hate it because I'm really not /o\

Online, I have no idea how people perceive me. Probably as a disgusting weeaboo. Half the staff thinks I'm a disgusting weeaboo :(((((

Detox

People usually assume that I'm mean, or that I have some sort of problem do to my default facial expression. I don't even have a resting bitch face, so this always confuses me.

Back