• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do people in the Pokemon World eat? (New)

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    I saw this old thread that was revived awhile ago and decided to continue it (suggested by Toujours). What do you think people in the Pokemon World eat?

droomph

weeb
    Years
    Who knows?

I think they eat vegetables that they find in the wild. Tomatoes, potatoes, the in-game berries and much more.

If there's meat, it's probably from a Pokémon, known or unknown. However, the animal would probably be butchered beyond recognition, like how we chop up cows like that. It's gross to kill and eat Pokémon, but if you think about it steak is pretty much the same.

For obvious reasons they probably don't show the butchering process in the anime, because it's not really important.

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I think the same as us but animals are replaced by Pokémon like a cow is a miltank.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    What about all those stews Brock and Cilan makes?
    I heard it's possible to make good vegetarian ramen and/or soup so I think it's mostly vegetables with a bit of some Pokémon that people have already butchered for Brock and Cilan and they buy it along with the apples and tomatoes and Oran berries and stuff, and then stuff like krill that can't be significant as a "Pokémon".

Years
    I always kinda thought that maybe, somewhere hidden away in the pokemon world were farms with real animals (they are mentioned in pokedex entries). Other than that, they eat rice, berries, veggies and farfetch'd. Surprised no one mentioned that one yet haha

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Who knows?

I think they eat vegetables that they find in the wild. Tomatoes, potatoes, the in-game berries and much more.

If there's meat, it's probably from a Pokémon, known or unknown. However, the animal would probably be butchered beyond recognition, like how we chop up cows like that. It's gross to kill and eat Pokémon, but if you think about it steak is pretty much the same.

For obvious reasons they probably don't show the butchering process in the anime, because it's not really important.
    Butchered beyond recognition? And why is it gross to kill and eat Pokémon? I don't see how it would be any different from animals in our world, you make it seem like Pokémon would be absolutely massacred lol.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    Butchered beyond recognition? And why is it gross to kill and eat Pokémon? I don't see how it would be any different from animals in our world, you make it seem like Pokémon would be absolutely massacred lol.
    But I did say that's what happens in real life. It's completely gross if you care, but when it's in the supermarket with the plastic and all that, it's delicious and you don't think about how disgusting it is. Same should go with Pokémon.
    If there's meat, it's probably from a Pokémon, known or unknown. However, the animal would probably be butchered beyond recognition, like how we chop up cows like that. It's gross to kill and eat Pokémon, but if you think about it steak [in real life] is pretty much the same.
    Hope I cleared that up.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I think it would be considered 'gross' for various reasons. I could see people having many different diets; imagine if you're best friends with your Miltank and you end up eating Miltank! Like how people are grossed out at the idea of eating cats and dogs because they're housepets, I bet trainers would avoid eating the meat of Pokemon that they have an attachment to.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah I'm not saying they don't eat meat at all, but I feel like most people would have a very unique diet, because for us it's natural not to eat cat or dog since they're the most common housepets, but for them there are hundreds so each person has to have their own diet pretty much haha.

Of course there are exceptions, for example farmers irl still eat beef despite spending a ton of time around cows, so I can imagine there are people that can separate the meat from the Pokemon and eat it anyway.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Meat is rarely mentioned or seen in the Pokemon world, especially nowadays. I mean it did appear in a few anime episodes back in the first season or two, but has it really come up much if at all ever since? I'm kind of under the impression that the people of the Pokemon world are for the most part vegetarians.

Then again I also kind of assume that animals exist somewhere in the Pokemon world, since they're referenced so often in the Pokedex... along with various foreign countries. Maybe the Pokemon regions import meat products from other parts of the world? This is all vague speculation though, ahaha...

Years
    Primarily Pokemon and Berries. But I suppose other plants and spices as well. But the meat is Pokemon, seeing how there are supposed to be no animals in that world. But there are references to them that would make you think they do. I suppose that's just a contriditional error.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
    Years
    I think that there really are regular animals living in the midst of pokemon its just that me imagining a zangoose with those sharp claws eating a seviper or a seviper eating a plusle or minun is sickening to my mind

Thats why im pretty sure that the human population are mostly vegetarians eating plants and the assorted berries but only eat meat as a special occasion food

Back