• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what do you belive happens when you die?

Years
  • I believe you are sent to Heaven. Once there, I believe you have the option to do whatever you wish for all eternity.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • You'll feel exactly how you felt before you were born.

So nothing happens. Of course, you can believe whatever you want to believe. I'll be happy knowing this is the only life I'm going to get, and so I'm going to try to make the most of this life, instead of hoping for another. You shouldn't be afraid of death, it happens to everyone.

unknown user

forever unknown
    Years
  • i watched this thing were this one girl died... they brought her back to life she said it looked like she was on a train ride looking at life though the windows...creepy i think we become invisibal forces that just live on earth.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • I believe, that the only way I will know what happens after death is when I die, say, fifty or sixty years from now.

No, I do not. I am an atheist. Don't get me wrong, I gave Chritianity a fair chance so it's not like I only know one side of the story. I've actually attended sunday school for years (what a waste of my time). Honestly, if there was a god, why would so many people be miserable? Starving? Why would diseases like aids, cancer and MS ruin peoples lives? Even those who worship that god?

But I respect anybody's views on the topic, and am anxious to read other peoples posts on the matter.

My thoughts exactly. However, I really don't think we should be straying off into a religious discussion here...

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • It's hard to answer this question without going into the "does God exist" debate, but I'll do what I can.

Everything in the universe is conserved, nothing is truly created or destroyed- it just changes form. The only exception to this was the creation of the universe, when something that could exist outside the boundaries of time, space, and matter created time, space, and matter.

Since consciousness is a phenomena observed in the natural world, it follows the same laws as everything else: after death, it is conserved, but changes form. In a sense, this is like reincarnation: the forces that made up your thoughts/personality/"soul" are released into the environment, where they can become part of anything (or anyone) else.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Here's my take on it: Who cares? Even though we're all gunna die, we shouldn't have to think about it. So it doesn't matter anyway.​

dumbpikAchu

suckingCharmanderIntoMybu tt
    Years
  • This is to prove to people that Cristians aren't Shuckles with 700 base HP.
    I think that if Christianity is true, (based on proof and popularity, about 70%) You probably get to choose to: (become a spirit and hang with people as a ghost, lol) (Get transported in time to the Great White Judgement) or ( are Reincarnated over and over again until Armageddon.
    I'm serious.
    At Puerto Rico, I was in the middle of a rainforest and I recognized every single strand of bamboo.
    Huh.
    Oh, the miniplanet deal, is really, wow,-lonely-?-like, but I think that the houses are made of gold and stuff.
    Yeah.
    EDIT: Ok, I talked to this Ghost slash demon that claimed he was George Washington. I said he must've been kidding but he persuaded me. sooooooo I talked to him about dying. he told me the same thing I believe. And he also told me that being a ghost is just like being an angel on earth but you don't get swatted whenever you enter peoples brains and mess with their retinas. I'm pretty sure he wasn't Mr.G. But he claimed to be. *shrugs*
    EDITEDIT: Arggghh. someone bad-repped this post and said "fail."
    It's my opinion, jerk.

Last edited:

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Hevan/hell?

Or you get reincarnated as an animal and live your life like that.

But like the Hindus(I think), I believe your soul gets reincarnated in a different body. Wether it be human or animal. But it depends on karma and wanting things, as opposed to needing things.

Ayselipera

but I think something might happen
    to you after you die. I'm not completely
    sure on what I believe to tell you the truth.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    if theres a god, put someone on this earth who is cant make friends, is heavy and not thin like everyone else and has a family that hates them?

You got that from Family Guy.
    I believe you feel nothing.
    Like when you're asleep and you're not dreaming.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Your gone, there's nothing, everything ends, your experiences and knowledge die with you...

I guess it sounds a little dark, but as an Atheist it is only pointing out the obvious. And it also provides incentive to live your life to the fullest.

Second Coming of Jebus

pies be with you
    Years
  • This is to prove to people that Cristians aren't Shuckles with 700 base HP.
    I think that if Christianity is true, (based on proof and popularity, about 70%) You probably get to choose to: (become a spirit and hang with people as a ghost, lol) (Get transported in time to the Great White Judgement) or ( are Reincarnated over and over again until Armageddon.
    I'm serious.
    At Puerto Rico, I was in the middle of a rainforest and I recognized every single strand of bamboo.
    Huh.
    Oh, the miniplanet deal, is really, wow,-lonely-?-like, but I think that the houses are made of gold and stuff.
    Yeah.
    EDIT: Ok, I talked to this Ghost slash demon that claimed he was George Washington. I said he must've been kidding but he persuaded me. sooooooo I talked to him about dying. he told me the same thing I believe. And he also told me that being a ghost is just like being an angel on earth but you don't get swatted whenever you enter peoples brains and mess with their retinas. I'm pretty sure he wasn't Mr.G. But he claimed to be. *shrugs*

What the hell is wrong with you? Seriously?

Anyways back on topic, nothing happens. It's just the same thing that happens before you were born, you felt nothing because you didn't exist. Like someone already said, it's an eternal sleep, you don't feel anything at all.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I love the idea of reincarnation but I don't think I can bring myself to believe in it. As depressing as it sounds, I guess I believe absolutely nothing happens when you die.

I haven't thought about this much. I've never seen the point because there's no way whatsoever of knowing if you're right until you're dead anyway.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I'd like to think that reincarnation exists but it really wouldn't change a thing because I'd only like it if I remembered anything of my past life/lives. To be honest, I have no idea what happens when you die, nor do I really care. You die. You're gonna face what happens after you die, and there's no way for you to let anyone living to know what happens, so everyone's just gonna have to wait until they die to find out. XD Honestly.. these are one of the things you just can't be sure of. Saying you know what happens when someone dies is complete bullcrap. I don't care what your religion states.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    My mind usually goes to reincarnation on these matters, but I really don't know. I'd like to think that we could end up as another being (not necessarily a person), but something just doesn't feel right about that. I can't really say that there's a heaven or hell either, as I'm not particularly religious. I'm more, uh, ignorant than atheist.

But for now, I don't really care. I'm alive and well, and that's all that really matters.. for now, at least.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • I don't know and to be honest, I really could care less at this point.

I try not to think of things like that. It's a waste of time, imo. People have been trying to figure out what the afterlife would be like since human existence. Some people fall back on the belief of an organized religion, some believe in reincarnation...I don't worry about it. I'll be dead eventually anyways, so I'll wait until then to figure it all out. I'd like to think that there's something after all of this, but to be honest, I kind of find the idea of a "Heaven" or "Hell" to be a bit...ridiculous.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    When you die, we'll all turn into Cherrims and Pichus

On a serious note, I do believe in the Afterlife. Reincarnation isn't really something that I believe in, partly because, if your reincarnated after you die, what's the point of living or accomplishing anything when your going to be reincarnated anyways, lol. Or I guess you could keep committing suicide until your reincarnated as a rabbit.

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Your gone, there's nothing, everything ends, your experiences and knowledge die with you...

I guess it sounds a little dark, but as an Atheist it is only pointing out the obvious. And it also provides incentive to live your life to the fullest.

I second that notion. People need to stop worrying about what happens to you when you die. If you're not dead or dying, you shouldn't worry about it. Get out there and live your life.

When it's over, you'll find out and we'll see who was right and who was wrong.

Back