• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what do you belive happens when you die?

joey2joey

I like turtles.
Years
  • There's going to be a big game over screen. With a retry button with a Buddhism/Hindu symbol; a high scores with a picture of Abraham; and finally a quit game symbol with the A from the atheist out campaign.

On a serious note, it will probably be very similar to what it was like before we were born.

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Hey, I'm pretty sure no current Atheist would hit the quit game symbol. If something like that **** happens you can bet I'd be hitting retry XD

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years

• the decaying process begins

I think there's definitely some sort of life after death, because I can't grasp the idea that after you die, its all over. I think that you live in spiritual form somewhere seperate from the Earth, which you have left. After your death, you are reunited with loved ones that you had been seperated from by death. I could probably go on and on. But technically, the dead just exist in spiritual form in a world seperate from the living.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I think that once a person dies, he/she gets reincarnated and starts all over again, without a single drop of memory of his/her last life. How a dead person is able to do such thing, however, is too hard to explain.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • I think that once a person dies, he/she gets reincarnated and starts all over again, without a single drop of memory of his/her last life. How a dead person is able to do such thing, however, is too hard to explain.

For all the people that believe this... how do you explain the exponentially increasing population? All the new people being born outweigh the number of dead people (i.e. souls that can be formatted and recycled).

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
  • For all the people that believe this... how do you explain the exponentially increasing population? All the new people being born outweigh the number of dead people (i.e. souls that can be formatted and recycled).

think about this. how come we have so many people? every time a person dies, someone is born. so when a person dies, their spirit goes into that of a new born child without any memories of the past life

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • think about this. how come we have so many people? every time a person dies, someone is born. so when a person dies, their spirit goes into that of a new born child without any memories of the past life
    What he means is that the earth's population is increasing. In other words, you start with ten people, they have fifteen kids. Where'd the extra five souls come from?

The Scientist

Years
  • What he means is that the earth's population is increasing. In other words, you start with ten people, they have fifteen kids. Where'd the extra five souls come from?

Exactly. Imagine the early Earth. There is a population of 1000 (500 male, 500 female). Each pairing has 2 children. The population before the parents die is 2000.

2000 > 1000.

It's a crude example, but that's what's happening in modern times. More people are being born than dying, hence the increasing human population curve. If number of deaths equaled number of births, the human population would be static.

Edit: ckret2 caught a mistake.

Last edited:

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I believe that no one can grasp the reality of what happens after death until they experience it first hand.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • @ people arguing about not enough souls for all the people in the world:

Aren't people reincarnated as animals sometimes? :| I thought that was part of what karma was about or something, idk. Maybe it's all the souls of endangered and extinct animals that're ending up as new humans.

Years

• Aren't people reincarnated as animals sometimes? :| I thought that was part of what karma was about or something, idk. Maybe it's all the souls of endangered and extinct animals that're ending up as new humans.
    Uhhhhh.
    Who knows!
    It would be cool if you were reincarnated.
    What would people like to be if they were reincarnated?

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • Exactly. Imagine the early Earth. There is a population of 1000 (500 male, 500 female). Each pairing has 2 children. The population after the parents die is 2000.

2000 > 1000.

It's a crude example, but that's what's happening in modern times. More people are being born than dying, hence the increasing human population curve. If number of deaths equaled number of births, the human population would be static.

Not getting into the debate, but just posting on the math fail.

If there are 1000 people consisting of 500 males and 500 females, there would NOT be 1000 "pairings." Assuming one male + one female makes a single pairing (it takes 2 people to make a pairing), there would be 500 pairings consisting of 2 people each. So if each pairing had 2 children, that would be 1000 children.

1000 = 1000.

If every couple in the world had exactly 2 children who both lived long enough to have children of their own, the world population would be the SAME, not increased. The issue is that a lot of families have way more than two children, particularly in poorer parts of the world where more children = more help on the farm, or where most children previously wouldn't live to adulthood but modern medicine means they would.

As for reincarnation, not all reincarnations are said to occur on the human level, or even among animals. Really good people are reincarnated as sorta demigodly figures above the physical plane we live on, and really bad people are reincarnated in some kind of a hell. So an increasing population could mean that more souls in hell are becoming good enough to join the human plane and/or more demigodly souls are being bad enough to be reincarnated as humans.

It's not my personal belief, but if someone's going "reincarnation is impossible due to the increased population," then according to the beliefs of religions that include reincarnation, no, the increased population does not make it impossible.

The Scientist

Years
  • Not getting into the debate, but just posting on the math fail.

If there are 1000 people consisting of 500 males and 500 females, there would NOT be 1000 "pairings." Assuming one male + one female makes a single pairing (it takes 2 people to make a pairing), there would be 500 pairings consisting of 2 people each. So if each pairing had 2 children, that would be 1000 children.

1000 = 1000.

If every couple in the world had exactly 2 children who both lived long enough to have children of their own, the world population would be the SAME, not increased. The issue is that a lot of families have way more than two children, particularly in poorer parts of the world where more children = more help on the farm, or where most children previously wouldn't live to adulthood but modern medicine means they would.

As for reincarnation, not all reincarnations are said to occur on the human level, or even among animals. Really good people are reincarnated as sorta demigodly figures above the physical plane we live on, and really bad people are reincarnated in some kind of a hell. So an increasing population could mean that more souls in hell are becoming good enough to join the human plane and/or more demigodly souls are being bad enough to be reincarnated as humans.

It's not my personal belief, but if someone's going "reincarnation is impossible due to the increased population," then according to the beliefs of religions that include reincarnation, no, the increased population does not make it impossible.

Oh, good catch. I meant before the parents die. The edit acknowledges this.

@ people arguing about not enough souls for all the people in the world:

Aren't people reincarnated as animals sometimes? :| I thought that was part of what karma was about or something, idk. Maybe it's all the souls of endangered and extinct animals that're ending up as new humans.

Yes and no, the belief of dharma/karma is that people can be reincarnated as an animal as punishment for their misdeeds, and as a person of a higher caste (and possibly even a holy person) if they were morally good. Nowhere does it say that animal souls can become humans. Such a thing would be considered perverse.

The confusion arises when people take a term (reincarnation, karma) out of its context. Hindu reincarnation isn't simply "soul recycling", it is a reward/punishment system for life, similar to the Judeo-Christian beliefs in heaven/hell. The Buddhist concept of reincarnation is similar, but includes "enlightenment", which represents breaking free of and transcending the worldly rebirth cycle.

Regardless, the growth curve is so steep now that it's approaching the point where the amount of people being born annually outweigh the number of people that have died in all of human history.

WorldPopulation.jpg

Last edited:

Skylar

x3
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Life and death is a big mystery to me.
    I do not believe you go to heaven/hell, or reincarnated when you die.
    I feel when you die, You face something greater than that.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2009
    Ah yes the big question. In truth, no one knows. All I gotta say is, you'll find out when you go.

Though just my opinion, nothing happens. You go into the ground, get cremated, whatever and that's that.

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    When we will die our spirit either goes to hell or heaven which is up to God and thats my religion says.

Nash Bandicoot

Dingodile use Flamethrower!
    Years
  • I am a Mormon and we believe that there is a premortal life then earth life then spirit world the final judgement then we are sent to the celestial Kingdom, Terrestrial Kingdom or the Telestial Kingdom. celestial having comparison to the glory of the sun, Terrestrial the moon and Telestial the stars. and i believe we all chose to follow God (Heavenly Father as Mormons call him). For the people whom say why does he give people diseases eg. my cancer well i believe life is all a test and it would not be a test if we did not have challenges.

Last edited:

Ayselipera

Especially into a cat, so I could
    sleep all day. :)

Back