• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you call them?

What do you call them?

• Sandals - the classic

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • Flip-flop - the valley girl rendition

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Thong - straight from the '60s (and not to be confused with a certain type of undergarment)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smickey-smak - the '70s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
  • Sandals...mainly because they rarely if ever smick or smack, flip or flop. But that might just be because I wear sandals with buckles. Eh, I still think sandals sounds the best.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
  • Most people I know call them things, since I live in Australia, it happens a lot. But I wear the ones with lots of straps and velcro and stuff, so I call them sandals.

Years
  • Depends on what they look like.

Sandals are what I call the ones with enough straps on them so that they don't make much noise. If there's barely any straps on them, and they tend to make a good deal of noise when someone is walking, that's when I call them flip-flops.

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
    Years
  • I've always called the Flaps. :P I called them Flip Flops for a little bit, but them my dad would always call them Flaps when I was little, so I always call them that now. People still understand what I'm talking about too when I say "Hey nice Flaps." :P

(300 posts, w00t :P)

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    It depends on what kind. xD; If they're this -
    What do you call them?

They're sandals. xD

If they're this -
    What do you call them?

They're flipflops. xD

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Sandals, but i call the basic rubber beach-type ones flip-flops :3

Lil' Schu

never an honest word... ♫
    Years
  • Hm. Flipflops if they have the toe thing, and sandals if they don't. But, I wear flipflops most of the time, so I voted for that. ^_^

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
  • I call them sandals most of the time. XD But then sometimes I do call the flip-flops. :33 So I'd just say I use sandals just as much as flip flops, really. XD

~Kelsey

Back