• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you do with filler Pokemon from Wonder Trade?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
what to do with weedles off wonder trade

I only got one, which was German so I used it to shiny hatch, but what do YOU do with them?

note: pokemon like caterpie, fletching, bunnelby, stc. count.

actually, I got 2 fletching, whom I taught good TMs and re-traded.

[Note from tabor62: I'd assume this is a discussion about what I edited the title into as it was implied. So discuss away!]
[Note from natnew: it was. thanks]

Last edited:

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
I'll often release them if they're low level stuff anyone can catch.

If it's a starter or something cool that I already have and don't need, I'll re-wonder trade it in the off-chance that someone else might appreciate it.

Other language ones I'll keep for myself in case I ever feel like using them for shiny hatching.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
If it's something found on the beginning route and doesn't have any remarkable stats, I toss it. I don't want it circulating back around in Wonder Trade.

If it's something I don't necessarily need, but can see someone out there putting it to good use, I turn it over back into the Wonder Trade.

In the beginning, when working towards the dex, I accepted those Weedle and such, baha. Traded Pokemon get boosted Experience.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
If horrible Pokemon I release so others don't get them. If it's IV breeding leftovers or something with egg moves I already have I put it back up so others can use it.

That's a good idea blade. I didn't think of that hmmm

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Release unless it's 5IV or 4IV with Egg Moves. 3 and under get released regardless of region, Egg Moves etc.

Death

The Pale Horseman
Years
I keep them for lotto ID purposes because it's almost impossible to wonder trade with the same person. I never put Pokemon I get from WT back in.

MawChomp

Average Trainer/Breeder
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 26, 2014
I keep them for lotto id as well and I don't bother returning them back in WT.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I'm hating fletchling w/a passion right now... how can I get people to stop?

~Hikozaru~

Chimchar Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
I always just trade them back! Great way to get PokeMiles and OP Pokemon ;3

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 14, 2014
Depending on the level and move set I'll check the IVs. I have gotten quite a few 4-6 IV'd mons off wonder trade. Best thing I've gotten so far is either a 5 iv honedge, or a shiny eevee.

Years
I generally just release the lower level Pokemon. I have started raising any Scatterbug/Spewpa I receive in hopes that it will become a different variation of Vivillon. This has happened two or three times now!

Years
If they're garbage that I know i'm never gonna look at, like Bunnelby or Scatterbug, I often release them. I've gotten some neat things off of WT, but some disgusting.

If they have at least a couple perfect IVs i'll hold on to them, but if they don't, they're usually gonna get the boot.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
I tend to keep anything I get from Wonder Trade or GTS. Even if it's junk, it counts for a unique ID number that increases my odds of getting 1st place at the Poke Lottery :)

I want more Master Balls!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2014
I never release Pokémon. Any wonder trade Pokémon are kept for a while. When I run out of Pokémon that I hatched, I start wonder trading away Pokémon I recieve from others.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I normally don't like to release things, but because I breed a lot, I end up with way more than I need so releasing happens. That being said though, I also Wonder Trade a lot. Like Lilith, when I get useless Pokemon, especially first route stuff, I usually just release them. Things that were obviously bred, rare Pokemon, or foreign Pokemon are either re-traded or kept at my discretion. I tend to keep a lot of Eevee, any Braixen I get (I'm hoarding them, I'm not even gonna deny it), and foreign Pokemon that I like.

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Oh, gosh darn it. I forgot about the lottery thing. I guess I could keep all the Pokemon from WT instead of just releasing them. I've certainly got the space for it.

Back