• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Do You Expect From the Next Shadow Pokemon Game?

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Alrighty, I'm assuming the disappointment that is PBR was just Nintendo seeing how Pokemon would work on Wii.

But, it has been three years since we have last heard from Orre, and it has been strangely silent.

To get to the point, what are you expecting in the next "Shadow Pokemon" game? Maybe someone from Nintendo will even read it, though I'm not arrogant enought to say for certain they will.

For me? More variety of Shadow Pokemon purification unigue moves, and Celebi, like in the Japanese Coliseum, only this time we get Celebi too.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    If they do make another pokemon game for the wii. The story should have more bad guys in it and they stole some legendary pokemon like celebi, jirachi, mew, OR even MEWTWO!!! lol Also they should let us train in the wild this time instead of using pokemon food to attract pokemon by battling them.

+Roxas+

God Of Umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    or a 3d game with all regions and cipher has the legends in shadows..

you get 2 master per region!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • or a 3d game with all regions and cipher has the legends in shadows..

you get 2 master per region!
    I doubt that there would be much space for all of the regions (Johto, Kanto, Hooen, Sinnoh and Orre...) memory wise... maybe, but unlikely, unless the condense everything and don't ahve any routes...

AlexPriest

The Last of a Generation
    Years
  • Playing a 3d game with one of the more familiar regions would be nice though. I never really cared for Orre. It'd be cool if the Wii had a pokemon MMO...though I doubt that's really possible.

Murasaki

Confused @_@
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 20, 2008
    I'm hoping that there aren't anymore Shadow Pokemon games... I didn't really like them much. :S PBR is much better. If they'd added the same amount of content to that game as they did to Pokemon Stadium (like mini-games!) it would have been awesome.

The only thing the Shadow Pokemon games are useful for are catching Pokemon that you haven't been able to obtain, and that's not really a problem now because of trading Pokemon online. The story isn't very good and purifying Pokemon just isn't fun. They should just stick to their old formula and make an original Pokemon 3D RPG, but with more options rather than just "YAY BEAT GYM LEADERZ LOLOL!" There's more to the Pokemon world than that.

And yes, Pokemon just screams "MMO", but I don't think that's gonna happen. -_-

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm hoping that there aren't anymore Shadow Pokemon games... I didn't really like them much. :S PBR is much better. If they'd added the same amount of content to that game as they did to Pokemon Stadium (like mini-games!) it would have been awesome.

The only thing the Shadow Pokemon games are useful for are catching Pokemon that you haven't been able to obtain, and that's not really a problem now because of trading Pokemon online. The story isn't very good and purifying Pokemon just isn't fun. They should just stick to their old formula and make an original Pokemon 3D RPG, but with more options rather than just "YAY BEAT GYM LEADERZ LOLOL!" There's more to the Pokemon world than that.

And yes, Pokemon just screams "MMO", but I don't think that's gonna happen. -_-
    Well, I have to disagree with your thoughts on Shadow Pokemongames. Great characters, the story wasn't bad (better than some, only with too many plot holes... :( ), and I didn't find purifying all that hard (and it's way easier on XD).
    Plus, it had Miror B. :P

If there was to be another Shadow Pokemon game, it would need to learn from it's mistakes (lack of routes, wild Pokemon and the system used for it in XD was bad, more things like contest or whatnot... etc, things pointed out by various people on the game), and a return of Miror B and his Salsa music.

I think this had been somewhat covered in hte 'Another RPG for the Wii?" thread, although that didn't focus on Shadow Pokemon until the debate came out...

Murasaki

Confused @_@
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 20, 2008
    Well, I have to disagree with your thoughts on Shadow Pokemongames. Great characters, the story wasn't bad (better than some, only with too many plot holes... :( ), and I didn't find purifying all that hard (and it's way easier on XD).
    Plus, it had Miror B. :P

I will agree that Miror B rocks. xD

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    If there will be a next Shadow Pokemon game it would be nice if they stole Mewtwo or Mew or anything along those lines. The next Cipher boss would likely be Ardos.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • If there will be a next Shadow Pokemon game it would be nice if they stole Mewtwo or Mew or anything along those lines. The next Cipher boss would likely be Ardos.
    That's a decent possibility. Another possibility would be Miror B with 'team Miror' - heard some people suggest that, although IMO I doubt it, given that he gives up and goes back to dancing...

Judging byt the first two however, it would have to be a nice old person that either helps you or has happy theme music, only to backflip in the last part of the story and treveal themselves as evil. ;)

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    That's a decent possibility. Another possibility would be Miror B with 'team Miror' - heard some people suggest that, although IMO I doubt it, given that he gives up and goes back to dancing...

Judging byt the first two however, it would have to be a nice old person that either helps you or has happy theme music, only to backflip in the last part of the story and treveal themselves as evil. ;)

Wait, so that happens at the end of Colosseum too? Don't tell me who it is, I want to be surprised.

But I'm pretty sure it'll be Ardos. After all, what was he planning when he left, that smirk on his face?

Oh, and for the person who said PBR was good, no offense, but WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?!?!? Admittedly, it wasn't particularly bad, but it wasn't particularly good, either. About the only reason I would get it would be for post-stargazer Sunny Park Colosseum, and for Surfing Pikachu.

Murasaki

Confused @_@
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 20, 2008
    Oh, and for the person who said PBR was good, no offense, but WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?!?!? Admittedly, it wasn't particularly bad, but it wasn't particularly good, either. About the only reason I would get it would be for post-stargazer Sunny Park Colosseum, and for Surfing Pikachu.

I'm not smoking anything. I've had a lot of fun with PBR, and still continue to do so.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    I'm not smoking anything. I've had a lot of fun with PBR, and still continue to do so.

Yeah, sorry about that, wasn't in a good mood. Admittedly, PBR is pretty fun in its own way.

We should probly get back on topic.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • But I'm pretty sure it'll be Ardos. After all, what was he planning when he left, that smirk on his face?
    Although, that could have been put down to bad animatting... but XD did have some characters change facial expressions (gasp!) unlike Colosseum for the most part (bar Rui seeing Shadow Pokemon) - and the only time I believe the main character in XD changed facial expression was the whole 'your scooter is stuck in the said' part - was quite funny without meaning to be. *insert image of angry/annoyed Micheal repeatedly trying to start up scooter-thing here*.

Murasaki

Confused @_@
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 20, 2008
    Why Lucario? o.O He's not a legendary and he's very easy to get in either Diamond or Pearl. If they did make another Shadow Pokemon game, I agree that it would be nice to have a Pokemon that is really difficult for people to get, since not everyone has access to events where Pokemon like Mew etc. are given away.

They should make it really, really difficult to catch, however.

Kylo

Squirrel Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2014
    Playing a 3d game with one of the more familiar regions would be nice though. I never really cared for Orre. It'd be cool if the Wii had a pokemon MMO...though I doubt that's really possible.
    Oh, it's possible by computer standards. What makes it impossible is that Nintendo would never consider such a thing for any series.

As for me, I hated the shadow games. They sucked real bad. Sure, it's cool when you can catch other people's Pokemon, but when you have to catch them, it get's very annoying.

Also, they could very easily make a game with all the regions, but it might have to be 2D.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    If they make one, it's likely to have either unlimited shadow Pokemon somehow or unlimited wild Pokemon (with a better way to catch them). I've often thought of neat things they could do with a third Shadow-Pokemon-game though. I doubt they'd shove a little-legend in it, but they might include something like Shadow Darkrai. I doubt Arceus since it's far too powerful to be reasonably put in a game without being locked away by events, and Shaymin because... well, why would the almighty Shadow Shaymin really be all that intimidating? So far, Darkrai seems to be the most reasonable legend to put in for a third Shadow-Pokemon game, and it would be exciting. Perhaps the Regis could be involved, on the topic of legends?

Back