• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Do You Expect From the Next Shadow Pokemon Game?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I just want to see routes, wild Pkmn (grass can't be that hard to make, please Nintendo), a better storyline, and a better explination of Shadow Pkmn than, "The door to its heart is closed." Why don't we go all the way back to kindergarten and say that they're just big meanies.
    *Points to sig in a non-blatently-advertising-way, then realises that fic hasn't shown a method of the 'clsoing the heart' yet* - well, leastways I have some stuff on the sort...

One thing that those factor in the possibility of there being another Shadow Poke game is that Genius Sorinity is seemingly the company given the job of handling major Pokemon games on the Gamecube and the Wii (Colo, XD, and the non-RPG PBR). They may choose to continue with their own creation... but if they do, I for one would also like less plotholes and more explanations (although Colo did then lead to my fic due to having so many darn plot holes...). And more Miror B.

Saviour_Gundam

ZGMF-X23S
    Years
    • Age 36
    • CT
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    The odds of them making another Shadow Pokemon game are almost as great as the odds of 5 women bursting into my room right now admitting they all love me and want me to themselves and constantly attempt to spoil me for they're attention, completely oblivious to the idea that I would never choose one or the other for the sake of me finally admitting my life is good...

Besides, I'd gamble on Shadow Rayquaza or Shadow Giratina

Years
    A Collosseum like game would be awesome but another shadow game, not good. I'm guessing there will be as Pokemon XD has a secondary title. Gale of Darkness. It might be that like Diamond and Pearl, they were going to make another game in 2004/05 but with the then Revolution, now Wii being released and the DS being so close to all nations at the time there will be a game but they decided to make PBR to test it out. If you can import some legendaries which are unavailable in-game, then the purifying would be worth it. Perhaps introduce Darkrai, Celebi and others that weren't available or cleanseable in XD.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2008
    i think it shud give more training time in the woods wid a good plot and some legendary poke to get XD

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2010
    I agree with much of what has been said so far, I definitely would like to see more wild pokemon, filled plot holes, some routes instead of instantaneous transport, implementation of HM moves (no Rock Smash or Flash), the DP battle system, one-on one battles, and more.

I can see the next one having the Regi trio and Regigigas as Shadow pokemon, and seeing some Sinnoh pokemon in Shadow form would be pretty cool too. Imagine Shadow Garchomp!! That would be wicked.

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I agree with much of what has been said so far, I definitely would like to see more wild pokemon, filled plot holes, some routes instead of instantaneous transport, implementation of HM moves (no Rock Smash or Flash), the DP battle system, one-on one battles, and more.

I can see the next one having the Regi trio and Regigigas as Shadow pokemon, and seeing some Sinnoh pokemon in Shadow form would be pretty cool too. Imagine Shadow Garchomp!! That would be wicked.

I would like to see all of that as well. I wonder if they can make at least one shadow Pokemon shiny right after it gets out of its shadow form, but I doubt it

:t354:TG

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    Maybe they would make it a Shiny Shadow. That would be kind of cool. Can you think of anything that would look more intimidating thana Shiny Shadow Rayquaza? I still think that what a Shadow Pkmn game would need is a better reason for shadow Pkmn.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2009
    Y' know, I wonder what happened to all the old Cipher Admins in Colosseum, like Venus, Ein, and Dakim. I know Mirror B became independant, or something. Were they all like, fired?

balthamos

Eeveephile, nom nom!
    Years
    They COULD make it based around Arceus, it controlling all the pokemon to evil? I have no idea.. It would be a great idea for a new wii game.. cause..yeah. PBR wasn't exactly the best thing going :/

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Am I the only one who finds Miror B irritating? His hair, Pkmn and music all annoy me.

...Yes. I do question how you can find such a unique fun character irrating, but, meh, each to his/her own. But I still question it. ;)

They COULD make it based around Arceus, it controlling all the pokemon to evil? I have no idea.. It would be a great idea for a new wii game.. cause..yeah. PBR wasn't exactly the best thing going :/
    Arceus most likely will not have a game based around it - it is an event Pokemon, that isn't even obtainable in any way short of hacking. Similar to Deoxys and the such, I don't see him playing any role.

Last edited:

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    And Nintendo would give up cash cows of having different agames with one region each, by mixing them all together? Unlikely to happen, also if you consider memory space for it as well...

Here be my main qualm - why ddidn't Arceus appear eariler and stop it in the beginning of the game? Also, not sure if there would be a game based on him, but one never knows...

Arceus, according to one of the books you can read in Canalave City's library, is in a slumber, ever since creating the Pokemon world.
    Thus, Arceus would need to be awoken.

Mephiles91

Event Collector
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    I think It's safe to say what we're all looking for is a Console Pokemon game. Not Colloseum or Gale of Darkness or PBR, but a normal 3D pokemon game on a console instead of a handheld.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years

...Yes. I do question how you can find such a unique fun character irrating, but, meh, each to his/her own. But I still question it. ;)

His annoying ass song (the one from XD) gets stuck in my head and for the rest of the day I'm humming that stupid tune. Also, not only does he constantly dance to his music during the battle, so do his Pkmn.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Seeing as how PBR was so horrid because it didn't even have a story, i would expect the next shadow game to have shadow pokemon and some sinister pokemon as the main one, like giratina or darkrai...
    i really enjoyed coliseum and XD, but they could have been better.
    I kept my PBR for surf pikachu, then sold it because i really don't like games that don't have a story.
    Its like they sucked all the minigames out of pokemon stadium(or was it snap?) and shipped it.
    But lastly, i expect minigames or something to keep me busy in the new shadow game.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    His annoying ass song (the one from XD) gets stuck in my head and for the rest of the day I'm humming that stupid tune. Also, not only does he constantly dance to his music during the battle, so do his Pkmn.
    Hmm, I like both songs, but do prefer Colosseum's (salsa!). And what's wrong with dancing to the music - methinks it is entertaining. Ah well, again, matter of opinion, but from all that I have heard, you are the first that didn't like him. Guess nothing can please everyone. :)

Seeing as how PBR was so horrid because it didn't even have a story, i would expect the next shadow game to have shadow pokemon and some sinister pokemon as the main one, like giratina or darkrai...
    i really enjoyed coliseum and XD, but they could have been better.
    I kept my PBR for surf pikachu, then sold it because i really don't like games that don't have a story.
    Its like they sucked all the minigames out of pokemon stadium(or was it snap?) and shipped it.
    But lastly, i expect minigames or something to keep me busy in the new shadow game.
    Well, PBR isn't an RPG at all, hence the lack of storyline. More another Stadium, bar minigames, and with WiFi.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    It would be great too see a new variety of pokemon such as ones from sinnoh like Dusknoir and Lucario. They should add a post-storyline to the game as well as the original " Quick a shadow pokemon lets snag it so we can purify it" It gets old. They should put a few more than 1 legendarys in the game. They should also keep the wild pokemon. I was happy that i could catch a wooper and trade for a larvitar with duking in XD. They should also unlike the previous Shadow Pokemon games allow you to make your character. Appeareance, types of clothes etc.

Back