• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you hate about Platinum?

Years
    Well, I just bought and started my Platinum version today so I can't say too much about things that are negative in the game. From what I've experienced thus far I like the game and have nothing bad to say... yet..

Dark Rhyperior

Rhyperior used Earthquake
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2009
    I personally have no problems with Platinum as of yet, but I'm sure I'll find something I don't like sooner or later.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
    Definately the increased amount of pokedex numbers, I mean it took me forever to find out how to get a porygon, but thats about it.

Last edited:

Kevo182

Hero of Hyrule
    Years
    I was quite disappointed with the battle frontier.
    it's just so small and there's not as much to do in it then there was in the emerald battle frontier.

Years
    I love Platinum. All of the new additions are great, and the only things that I complain about weren't in any of the previous games anyway, so I don't think it's fair to complain about them - even if I would love to be able to customize my character. D:

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    there really isnt anything bad about it i liked some of the old sprites better... i did like the fact that they added more fire pokemon. i didnt really like ponyta

Metalchic

▄█ 'M ▓▒
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2009
    i remembered another thing, its that they didnt change it so you could catch pokemon wile in the double battle mode with somone following you (ex: Eternia Forest, Iron Island)

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I'm not a fan of the new 'ping!' noise that the Touch Screen in the Underground makes (yeah, so I like to ping along with the Underground music. Got a problem with that?). :/ Also, some of the sprites look pretty lame compared to their D/P counterparts - not to mention the male protagonist's outfit.

NDS525

-NO SIGNAL-
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    The stupid outfits the main characters have on!
    At least there better then D/P!

Years
    I don't like how in the resort house, you can't really use any of your furniture except for the stereo and the music box. That's the only problem I found so far. Oh! And I have a lot of pokemon level 70 or higher. (Level 83 Dragonite) and I want to level these pokemon up without constantly going to the Elite 4.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I hate how the story is so alike diamond and pearl and i wish they would vary it and make like 6 more new legendarys and also some other islands with more challenges.

They weren't going to make any new Pokemon with this game, and the story line being the same wasn't a secret.

So why'd you even purchase it if you knew you were going to be disappointed?

Yoz_Maximum

Now Obsessed With: Luxray
    Years
    I don't find anything wrong with it. I like the male sprite (he for some reason reminds me of a pirate with the blue coat), and it was actually easier than most and more fun. Though I did get my own starter from Pearl (a Cyndaquil, which I got at the normal level and trained myself), it still seemed easier, considering I played through most of the game with normal starters and pokemon. I liked the better plot and distortion world, and having more legendaries is just better. High levels doesn't just go for other trainers, my starter broke level 75 at 30 hours of gameplay. All in all, one of my favorite Pokemon games.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    The Catch rate has not changed. At first I liked having 5 wandering pokemon (every 2nd route theres one there). Then I realised I have never caught a wandering pokemon without using a masterball.

Back