• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you hate about Platinum?

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Nothing, really. Except for the fact that I'm playing the stupid JAPANESE version, so I don't know a thing I'm doing. Yay. Well, I've gotten so used and comfortable with D/P that I know what I'm doing.
    Anyways, the trainers and levels are definitely harder, but you know what? That's a good thing. Cause now not every battle is bam, the foe fainted. It's actually a few hits before you beat em. And that's so much more fun than just killing them in one shot. That's boring.

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    the saving time
    it was horribly long in D/P now in Platinum it feels like it takes years
    especially when it says saving a lot of data which it seems to do more than ever

this_is_ark

who what where
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2009
    ^yes :( the SAVING A LOT OF DATA is incredibly awful. i thought d/p took long

-saving a lot of data
    -how everyone says exactly the same things as in d/p
    -some of the new sprites
    -how old pokemon didn't get new front sprites
    -contests are still as boring as ever
    -the lack of snow. it looks really awkward how only the heroes have wintry clothes on

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
    I found something I hate...

We won't be able to use Sky Shaymin, Origin Giratina or the 5 Rotom formes on Wifi!

What a waste of 7 great Pokemon!

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    That it almost replicates the D/P storyline entirely besides a couple of minor differences.

I found something that I disliked: If the main character has warm clothes, why the rest of the people don't? I mean, if there's snow in almost all routes and cities, at least a little, it means trainers must have some warm clothes. Specially with those shorts fan trainers. Other things, oh! the save time... The plot is better, but not enough, it's too similar, but somehow it explains some stuff like where did Cyrus went...
    Oh, and the trainers are not stronger, they are or the same or weaker, they have only more variety of pokemon and you can find trainers with dusknoirs and those super strong pokemons. If you look at Cynthia's case, her Garchomp has lower level, and so does her other pokemons, but it's harder because her pokemon are better, togekiss for example.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    -how everyone says exactly the same things as in d/p

No, actually the dialogue has changed quite a lot. For example, the rival's explanation involving 'P-O-K-accent-E Balls!' wasn't there in Diamond and Pearl.

But i agree with the fact that only the protagonists got new clothing; I guess it's just because Twinleaf/Sandgem/that area got colder and no other part of the region did, excluding Snowpoint?

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I don't want to say that I hate much about it. But I do hate that to catch certain pokemon, you still have to have GBA games in the GBA slot. This is even more strange when considering that the DSi release was dangerously close to the Platinum release. It probably hurt their DSi sales a lot.

AND I WANT A GROWLITHE!!!!!!

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years

We won't be able to use Sky Shaymin, Origin Giratina or the 5 Rotom formes on Wifi!

Of course they are banned; [Almost] All legendaries are banned on Wi-Fi.
    However, I think it's stupid that they banned the five Rotom formes.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013

That it almost replicates the D/P storyline entirely besides a couple of minor differences.

None of this was not known before the release. You were delusional if you expected a brand new storyline, and it was quickly reported about the new forms after Plat came out in Japan.

[Almost] All legendaries are banned on Wi-Fi.
    Nothing is banned on Wi-Fi (this is the actual Wi-Fi battle setting; not referring to various fan communities and their rules on battling). It's just that the alternate forms for Rotom, Giratina, and Shaymin aren't allowed on Wi-Fi, for some really dumb reason.

I hate how so many people "hate" a game for completely imaginary or stupid reasons.

Back