• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you name your rival?

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    My rival

I make up very good names for them. Right now, my rival, I named him Mario. Pretty epic there, even if he doesn't fit the description. I should have named myself Luigi. :P

nm legend

Years
    well in heartgold i named my rival 50 Cent.... and in platinum i names my rival/friend Skittle...( i was being nice i wanted to give him a messed up name when i saw how goofy his character was)

Blazesaga

Even heroes can lie in shadows
    Years
    I usually name them the default names (first one), but in red/blue (original) I named him Jerk. Why? because i had watched a few walkthroughs and saw him take your pokemon's weakness. LOL

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
    Red: Gary
    Gold: Jeff
    Sapphire: May
    Platinum: I used one of the suggested names on my first playthrough and Barry on my second.
    Heart Gold: Silver

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    um i normally just go with the generic name unless i can think so something at the time like in my plat game when i restarted it i named my rival Rilence after Rilence here on pc ^_^
    but i think all others are just gary, silver, idr any from r/s/e and barry on d/p and rilence on plat

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I like to name them their original names; such as Silver in HG/SS and Barry in D/P/Pt. In R/S/E they already named your rivals, and in FR/LG the rival was Blue. I was about to name him Gary, but meh, the male player was named Red so I might as well kept the names organized.

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
    Blue = Gary/Red
    Gold = Gary/Josue/*insert bad word*/Silver
    Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald = May
    Leafgreen = Gary
    Firered = Green
    Pearl = Clyde
    Platinum = Barry
    HeartGold = Irvine

Last edited: