• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you perfer: RBY/GSC/FR LG RSE/DPP

Which game do you perfer

• Red

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Blue

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Gold

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Silver

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • Crystal

Votes: 47 22.9%
  • FireRed

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • LeafGreen

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Ruby

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Saffaire

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Emerald

Votes: 22 10.7%
  • Diamond

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Pearl

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Platinum (yet to come)

Votes: 29 14.1%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Im going to say pokemon gold.
    I still remember getting it on christmas morning after beating the joys of pokemon red... those were the days. And it feltl ike it had just the right amount of pokemon, just under 500 is WAY too many pokemon, and some of them look terrible because of the creators running out of great ideas. Johto had some of the coolest pokemon designs, and i dont really care that its graphics arent as amazing as DPP or R/S/E.

And because it has totodile as a starter :P

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    It's hard. Kanto pokemon starters kick all ass but pokemon from D/P also kick ass like Rhyperior. Although my favourite pokemon of all time Tyranitar comes from Johto. I will go for Johto. Johto also has Entei n Raikou. AND I LOVE RAIKOU

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I prefer RBY I think.
    With less Pokemon it made things a bit more fun cause the Pokemon didn't look like they were rip off's of another. Also the implicity of the game and the fact that they started Pokemon Gameboy games.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    Crystal because that was the first time you got to play as a girl. It also had Kanto, sixteen badges, and could connect to the originals. I would say the original two gens, but I suppose you're asking for one game in specific.

Years
    My favourite is Silver/Gold (but I like Silver better because of Lugia), because I loved Johto and the fact that you could go back to Kanto was just great. <3 It's the Pokémon game that I've played the most.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Silver. :3

Silver was the first Pokemon Game that I played, and even though it's technically not the same Silver that I had in the past, I STILL play a Silver up to this day. :3 With Sixteen Gyms and the Day/Night system, who would not love it? ^_^

Years
    I prefer FireRed and Sapphire. Never had any affection for R/B/G/Y versions. I even fell asleep while playing them. But it would be nice if Nintendo made a new yellow version. I wonder if they are going to make new games for the game boy series instead of just focusing on Wii and DS. All the new games I see are all hacks and they are not as fun as the real thing.

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
    Years
    My favorite has to be silver. It was just so good. I loved the music in it, it was exciting to have new pokemon, and it had a nice surprise that you could go to kanto as well.

A lot of my favorite pokemon are from generation 2. The last battle was also pretty challenging which i liked.

Years
    My personal favourites are the Gold, Silver and Crystal series. Not only did I grow up with them and play them for years, they had awesome Pokemon and 16 Badges to earn. Not to mention the Elite Four changed the second time around and there were challenges to be had. They were just awesome.

MasterZman

The Shadow...
    Years
    All of them!

Any Pokemon Game I whant them all!
    I hope my message won't get deleted it just like all of them
    can you put something in the poll that says all of them?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Oh man, my favorite has totally GOT to be Crystal. Crystal all the way (hello? SUICUNE!). They should totally make a remake of G/S/C either on the DS or for GBA. I would totally play it.

Sandshrew

Poke-n00b extraordinaire!
    Years
    Red version for me!!! I remember the good old days.... :knockedou*flashback*:knockedou

Back