• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you perfer: RBY/GSC/FR LG RSE/DPP

Which game do you perfer

• Red

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Blue

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Gold

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Silver

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • Crystal

Votes: 47 22.9%
  • FireRed

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • LeafGreen

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Ruby

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Saffaire

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Emerald

Votes: 22 10.7%
  • Diamond

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Pearl

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Platinum (yet to come)

Votes: 29 14.1%

• Total voters

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
    Emerald has been my favorite for a long time. My favorite generation of POKeMON is the 3rd and I love the Frontier. It extended the gameplay so much.

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    Oh, it's always going to be Sapphire. I played that for hours just to complete it. I still love G/S/C but Sapphire always won me over.
    I don't know whether it was the Pokémon or the storyline but it's just magnificent.

Oh I'm so cool being the only one to vote Sapphire XD

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Seriously, what game do you like the most. I have noticed that many many people like the old games for some reason. It could be because they grew up with them or something.

Crystal is my favorite because it has stood up more than most games. It has a day and night system like in Diamond and Pearl (most likely Platinum too). I has various events taking place on certain days, like the bug catching contest and the people who give you items. They have two different regions even though the Kanto region is not as good as it could be. The only problem is that there is any of the new Pokmeon.

If anyone has a different point of view please tell.
    Silver, Gold, and Crystal are my favs. I love Johto too bad they never remade them..... >.<

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    Gold and Silver were the best games, in my opinion.

It was that one stage where they really refined and improved the game formula substantially, but hadn't reached the point where the Pokemon had become too repetitive or formulaic.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    i'd have to say platinum.
    I have always liked the third installations more for some reason.
    but seeing as how platinum has all those new differences, it will be quite a joy to play it(when i get it).
    gold is nice, but i just hated when kanto got dumbed down.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Platinum, I have not even played it yet and I know it will be the bomb

Mr.Squid

z10.invisionfree.com/Dev_House
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2008
    RED

Pokémon Red version had too be the best.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I think Gold was my favourite simply because it was something new and fresh, it came out when the Pokémon hype was at its peak, and it was just a fun game with great features all around.

RSE just paled in comparison because they got rid of some of my favourite elements of the game. I still enjoyed them but... not nearly as much. D/P was an improvement but I think nostalgia blinds me a little too well. :P I kind of want to go back and play through Crystal again or something so I can see if GSC was really as good as I remember, but I don't want to ruin the experience if there's a remake so... *sigh* XD;

Back