• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What do you play you Pokemon GBA Games for?

What do you play your Pokemon games for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    I used to play them to transfer pokemon to my diamond, but now i have finished that, so i sold my FR.

Denuo

Samuel » Casual Collector
    Years
    I like them, a bit more fast paced than Diamond, and to have a bit of a break.

Although, now that I have diamond I don't play them very often, but I still do now and then.

Sam

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    I play them because I don't have Pearl yet (or a DS for that matter...) and to transfer Pokemon once I do get Pearl. xD

Years
    I bought Fire Red and Emerald to migrate all those Pokemon you can't get in Diamond. Now that I caught them all in Diamond, I play Fire Red and Emerald more often now trying to catch them all as well.

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    I play them because I just...enjoy them. (And to trade Pokemon via Pal Park)
    I've restarted my Emerald game a few times, so I can level up my Pokemon more at the beggining. :P

Like Ausaudriel said, I have some good memories of my Ruby version, but it's lost now, so I play Emerald instead.
    I love the music in R/S/E, mostly the music for routes 119/120.

I actually like R/S/E better than D/P.

Idle.

Seriously.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2008
    I play them for the fun of completing them.I don't restart but I think I should restart emerald or maybe I should get all the BF symbols and train a great team.Choices..

blubergate

Knowledgeable Pokemon Master!!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2013
    ummmmm, i don't get it, i play them because they are just as good as D/P, the only differene is graphics, i play firered and emerald just as much as my diamond, i mean what is the difference? really!

Sajiri

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    I play Emerald because I think its far more fun than D/P. Also I prefer to breed an EV train in emerald because I keep losing my EV value list for Sinnoh and I know the best ev training spots in emerald. I recall not being able to find any decent ev training places in Pearl anyway (apart from Sp Atk)

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I sometimes transfer my pokemon to diamond and pearl because it seems easier to train. ;) also I am playing my ruby version as well, so far I have 3 badges. :)

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I play Emerald for the faster breeding as well as the tutored moves. I started a new game after migrating all my stuff to Diamond because I need to get a good IVd, Regirock, Regice and Registeel and Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza. (so sue me if I enjoy an Uber match every now and then. :x) Firered, I play for fun. Kanto is my favorite region of all time and the gameplay is generally much more enjoyable than in the newer games. FR/LG also happen to be the only two Pokémon games that (in my opinion) actually have some memorable tracks. I love everything from the route themes to the final battle music and there are very few (if any) tracks in Firered and Leafgreen that I dislike. That, and there's the nostalgia factor. The graphics are also the best Pokémon game graphics ever made in my opinion.

PsyDragon Trainer

PokéPro?
    Years
    I play Emerald for the faster breeding as well as the tutored moves. I started a new game after migrating all my stuff to Diamond because I need to get a good IVd, Regirock, Regice and Registeel and Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza. (so sue me if I enjoy an Uber match every now and then. :x) Firered, I play for fun. Kanto is my favorite region of all time and the gameplay is generally much more enjoyable than in the newer games. FR/LG also happen to be the only two Pokémon games that (in my opinion) actually have some memorable tracks. I love everything from the route themes to the final battle music and there are very few (if any) tracks in Firered and Leafgreen that I dislike. That, and there's the nostalgia factor. The graphics are also the best Pokémon game graphics ever made in my opinion.

I agree to everything, except the tracks and game graphics part ;).

JoeHalo

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2008
    use

i just play the games to transfer the pokemon i bought emerald version so i could get a gligar and other pokemon im very sick of my leafgreen version before i wanted to buy firered to get a growlithe and a scyther. I restart my games a lot on leafgreen i had a level 65 charizrd and i think a level 70 dragonite i beat leafgreen and got to the other island that i could catch pokemon from gold and silver but i restarted that file that was stupid of me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back