• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you prefer to do if your computer is catched some viruses??

Years
  • Maybe sometimes your computer will get into a trouble that it is catched some viruses.It makes your computer not normal.
    So what will you do?Solve it by yourself(Not by virus killer)?Or get helps from internet?Or even reinstall your XP??

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    If it is easy to fix, I'll fix it through AVG. When it is some form of Malware, I go online (If it lets me to) and look for the solution.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • well seeing as I keep all of my important files on an external drive I just pop in the install disc and set it to restoring my computer to the previous week when I didn't have troubles. it's no biggie for me.
    note: this is when I'm working with windows

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Well, I prefer to scan it, it solves the problem (well nearly most of the time) Or I look for a solution on the web. I guess that's all.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    My Mac is yet to catch one single virus, so I haven't had to opprotunity to do anything.

On my computers that run Windows, I usually just reboot the entire thing. ( Although I should run just Windows XP or something in a Virtualbox on Vista, then if I get a virus I can just delete the Virtualbox and start up a new one. )

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • I will scan it first to make sure I dont have any. And if any are detected it will delete it for me or ill delete it myself. If it's real bad i will just reinstall Windows and that's only happened once. (however i've had to reinstall Windows many many times because of my own actions such as attempting an install of OS X or damaging the hard drive :P
    -Steve Jobs

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Normally I would just do a scan and see if I have some, then I terminate he files. If it is severe I have to do a System Restore.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
  • I never use silly gimmicks like system restore. They never work anyway.
    I just trace the source of the problem with some useful programs (eg. procexp) and delete the files. End of.
    And to all those who said they used AVG:
    Solve it by yourself(Not by virus killer)?

Years
  • Well,in fact ,scaning is the first thing we usually do when something is wrong.
    But in China, recently,more and more viruses and trojans use BHO,SSDT and others super skill.So I prefer to use syscheck and ICESWORD thing to scan by myself,but a anti virus

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    I reinstall windows usually.

All anti virus suck IMO, not that I ever get viruses.

HAJIME

so's your face
    Years
  • First, I use disk cleanup.
    Then I run AVG.
    Then Super Anti Spyware.
    Then Ad-Aware.
    Then restart.
    Still problems?
    Repeat process.
    Still problems?
    Use HijackThis and post on a nerdy computer forum and they tell me how to solve the problem.

bleedpingcomputer.com is the best website in the WORLD.

Years
  • AVG scan
    Then boot to safe mode>AVG Scan
    Then boot to safe mod>Other virus scans?
    Then reinstall.

Theres a lot more you could do, but I don't think it's really worth it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Like Gerri, I keep my data on an external hard disk... I don't get much attention from viruses though. Norton's to hand whenever I want it. Before anyone starts bashing Norton Antivirus, I didn't purchase it.

Years
  • I'll scan, get NOD32 to remove it, then if NOD can't, I'll try deleting the infected files, then if I can't, I'll re-install Vista. XD. But that's only happened a couple of times, when my sister used the computer and downloaded some Hannah Montana crap XD. Otherwise my computer is clean and virus-free! :D

Back