• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think about police in your country?

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • To be honest, there are usually times where me and friends are running from them from pulling off some prank going too far. They are pretty effective around my area but it depends because they are more strict on some things then others.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I trust the police on his of the pond, although I kinda can't take London bobbies seriously anymore since I found out that pregnant women can still pee in their hats.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I don't think the police around here are that bad. Our campus police department came in to our dorm after a rash of robberies and gave a presentation on campus safety, so they're making an effort to help out. I don't recall any acting like jerks either. Then again, I've never been on the wrong side of the law, at least not yet.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • All of my contact with police forces has been positive. They seem to be an effective counter to the countless number of morons in SD and SLO.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Well in my area they're all pretty friendly and try to help the kids,
    Though i know that it's not usually like that in other parts of Anglettare

Patchy

-
    Years
  • I think they're awful. They spend all day catching drunk teenagers who are doing no real harm (ftr, i'm not one of them, so its not a grudge), yet when I was attacked by a man at least three times my age, they were too busy to do anything. -_-

mvtm

Years
  • Sometimes police in my country is effective, but chances are they are really small. In Venezuela, police is oftentimes more feared than the thief. Most police have double identities, what i mean is.. that most police are thieves and most thieves are police. They join the Police Force to get an easy gun and law approval to use it as they wish. I don't trust them. I fear police greater than common average thief, and if you are in Venezuela you should.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Police sucks here. A cop killed a 16 years old kid just because he mocked him. Police isn't doing anything about drugdealers here, they just ask them money and let them continue their dirty work. We call them 'pigs'.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    They need more guns, or the black people (and it is always black people*) need less.
    I don't trust them because their car windscreens are somewhat distancing.

* This comes with no intended connotations of offence, it's simply a truth of the situation at present.

Years
  • The police do their thing and I do mine, we don't really cross paths too much. I've been arrested a few times, but only for things that probably deserved an arrest and a few hours in time out.

Eh, police are police. Just do your best to avoid them and they'll pretty much leave you alone.

Agent Cobalt

Proud U.S. Army Soldier
    Years
  • I've never had a problem with police. I've even been pulled over twice and let go for being honest about dumb mistakes I made. One time police helped me on the side of the road slimjim my doors open.

The police just do their job and keep our people safe and secure. I shudder to think of where our society would be without our men in blue keeping our streets clean and enforcing the law. God bless them all.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I have a lot of respect for the Police in my country i think they do their jobs well. I just hate it when people give them attitude for doing their jobs.

Pretty much this. I don't have a problem with police officers themselves; my misgivings are with the bureaucracy behind them. Far too many Oxford and Cambridge pen-pushers who have no idea what it's like in the real world and who make stupid rules that the bobbies then have to follow and get crap for. :/

Years
  • Polish police are generally fairly reasonable, though they do intentionally dress in intimidating garb . . .

My problem is with what we call 'straż miejska' in Polish, or something like . . . guard of the city.

I don't know if other nations have a similar body of law enforcement, but these guys drive me insane. They're almost as bad as the metro police.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • The police here in Virginia isn't too bad, but I heard the police department of other states are just terrible! [/cough]

Oh, this is coming from someone who lives in the United States of America, by the way.

Back