• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you think about Team Rocket returning?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I think TR returning will be fun. They were always my favorite villainous organization (close second by Team Magma). I think it'll be a fun nostalgic experience, like the rest of HGSS.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    I love it that they are returning, every other team seemed sissyish and incompetent, Team Rocket is the original team, they are badass and Giovanni is just so epicly awesome, Cyrus, Archie and that other fool can all bow to Giovanni.

Years
    It'll be fun to see them again,I almost forgot their "logo" since the new generations after Gold and Silver,Team Rocket got completely erased.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
    yea their cool i hate switching teams every region

I think that the choice to make a different team for each region was an intelligent one.
    I mean, think about it, would you really appreciate Team Rocket returning if they were used frequently?

Although I enjoy the return of TR, I do believe a game with all of the teams would be interesting and would cross-relate to the Anime too.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Team Rocket is a team I can relate to. Personally, however, I wish they were just a tad more competent. You don't really feel like you're saving the world if you're going against horribly weak Pokemon. They should have made the Grunts Gym-trainer-tough, and the Executives Gym-leader-tough, at the very least.

You can relate to Team Rocket...? That has me kinda worried. Do you love going out and stealing pokemon from kids?

Hehe just joking, seriously though I prefer Galactic to Team Rockets, their designs are cool and they look like spacemen! I like how they had so many admins other than just grunts and one leader.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    Yeah you are right (there oath is "Steal Pokémon for profit. Exploit Pokémon for profit. All Pokémon exist for the glory of Team Rocket.") but they sell them and that gives them more power (MONEY, MONEH) profit = power XD XP

Yep you are right what would be the point in just getting money if they didnt get any better by it. :)

You can relate to Team Rocket...? That has me kinda worried. Do you love going out and stealing pokemon from kids?

Hehe just joking, seriously though I prefer Galactic to Team Rockets, their designs are cool and they look like spacemen! I like how they had so many admins other than just grunts and one leader.

Yes that was quite a major flaw with Team Rocket, i mean after fighting the first 100 grunts it does get a bit repetitive! XD

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I think that the choice to make a different team for each region was an intelligent one.
    I mean, think about it, would you really appreciate Team Rocket returning if they were used frequently?

Although I enjoy the return of TR, I do believe a game with all of the teams would be interesting and would cross-relate to the Anime too.

I was going to say the same thing. It's kinda like why we are excited for HG/SS because it's been so long since we were in Johto

:t354:TG

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    The good thing with a change in teams is you don;t have to listen to Galactic's s**t anymore because they sure aimed high :o. Anyway its good to have a change in teams because Team Rocket where the only one with plots that didn't sound like they wanted to go to space, or obsess on legendary pokemon. And last they are my favourite team because they pretty much 100% fail every time

everglow89

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2010
    Well... You probably DO have to still listen to some of their crap.

HG/SS is set at the same time.

They were trying to find the red gyarados in D/P, so let's not hope that the developers threw them in HG/SS somehow, too.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Well i mean.... did you ever play platinum.... listen to what cynthia said then you will understand XD

I have played Platinum and I have a vague recollection, of her mentioning something like it destroying this universe or something now that you mention it.
    But I still think Galactic aren't actively evil, it's just a side effect of their plans.

I do think they're construed alot more like the competent Team Rocket members in how they do things in the animé, as in the games I'm pretty sure they never actually stole anything (if they did my memory has gone into nuclear meltdown).

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
    Years
    Well it is a breath of fresh air.I mean Aqua and magma wanted kyogre and groudon
    Galactic wanted Dialga and palkia,But got giratina in platinum
    Team rocket want to use Normal pokemon for money and to take over the world (not create a new one)
    Legendary pokemon were a bonus

Sora267

Teh Epic Awesomesauce0rz
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    I'm pretty glad, they were always my favorite team. Galactic is a close second, I just don't like their haircuts >.>

Johto's Best

Luck > Skill
    Years
    Team Rocket is by far my favorite team. With Team Aqua/Magma, they should've looked at the Hoenn map. It has more water than land, so why the hell was Team Aqua wanting to expand? Answer: They're dumb.

Galactic was all like: "OMG, we iz brainwashed!" because Cyrus was like Hitler.

At least Team Rocket is realistic and it will be fun to kick their butts again.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
    Team Rocket is by far my favorite team. With Team Aqua/Magma, they should've looked at the Hoenn map. It has more water than land, so why the hell was Team Aqua wanting to expand? Answer: They're dumb.

Galactic was all like: "OMG, we iz brainwashed!" because Cyrus was like Hitler.

At least Team Rocket is realistic and it will be fun to kick their butts again.

LOL I LOVE THAT GALACTIC QUOTE :p

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    Team Rocket is cool.
    Since Kanto and Johto are so close, it makes sense for them to return.

I mean, I couldnt really see them packing up and moving to Hoenn, or even Sinnoh.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I never really cared for team rocket much but I guess its sort of cool that they are returning for hg/ss. They will make it classic, just like the original games.

Back