• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think about the rapture?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    Does anyone know what the rapture is? Does anyone actually believe in the rapture on this forum? Do you know anyone who believes in the rapture? Has anyone read any Left Behind books?

Years
  • That's what happened when the Dinosaurs all died out, right? And then people came from somewhere?

I don't read much. I assume these books are about the last Raptor that was left behind after the meteors hit earth?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    That's what happened when the Dinosaurs all died out, right? And then people came from somewhere?

I don't read much. I assume these books are about the last Raptor that was left behind after the meteors hit earth?
    No, no it is not. You are way off, unless you are joking.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • I do, and I certainly believe it. After reading the Left Behind series, and what is happening now, I smile, knowing I'll be in Heaven soon. That's what you gotta think about.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    I do, and I certainly believe it. After reading the Left Behind series, and what is happening now, I smile, knowing I'll be in Heaven soon. That's what you gotta think about.

So what do you think about Chloe's death? I really hated her and hope she would die. Too bad Kingdom Come left all the Buck and Chloe shippers disappointed.

Long Live Carpathia!!!

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • The rapture is the second coming of Jesus after the apocalypse in Christian theology, right (correct me if I'm wrong; my theological knowledge isn't perfect)? Here's what I think. I think people have been telling of the coming apocalypse since our species first became self-aware. Of course, with today's technology, such an event is certainly within our reach. We had the ability to blow up entire cities in the 1940s, and today's nuclear weapons are hundreds of times more powerful.

I try not to think about it too much, though. There are people suffering and dying right now, which is far more important to me than theories about an apocalypse that may not even happen within my lifetime (if at all). The thing that gets me about end-of-the-world theorists is that they're often willing to let suffering happen now because they firmly believe that in a few years, it won't matter. Without getting too preachy, I'll just say that I disagree with this mindset. I don't care if we get blown to hell now or in a hundred years (figuratively; I'm atheist), if there are people we can help, that should be our immediate concern.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I've never heard anyone call it the 'rapture' but I guess it's just the same as the apocalypse right? In that case of course I believe that the world will eventually end (after all nothing lasts forever) but not all the religious hooha that most apocalypse preachers seen to believe will come with it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I just use 'Rapture' as a ship name.

Does anyone know what the rapture is? Does anyone actually believe in the rapture on this forum? Do you know anyone who believes in the rapture? Has anyone read any Left Behind books?
    Yes. Not me. No. Not me.

RainDogg54

Crown of Love
    Years
  • When I was like nine or ten I was at one of those wednesday night youth things for church and we watched the Left Behind movie and it scared the living crap out of me (cus back then I believed whatever the church told me was true and I thought one day all my friends and family are going to be "left behind" in some ****ed up christian apocalypse).

That's the last time I've been to church I think. That was around that time when I started making my own decisions on what to believe and what is the truth.

I don't believe in the rapture personally. (or god for that matter)

Ayselipera

Yes I do know what it is and no I don't believe in it.
    I have a few friends who are pretty hardcore about it though and they read those books too.

Years
  • No, no it is not. You are way off, unless you are joking.
    Well sooorry. I thought this was a real thing, not some random thing out of some obscure book.

So... let me get this straight: a 2000-year-old magic carpenter zombie is going to come back, beam some people up, then blow up the earth or set it on fire or something?

That sounds like a bad M. Night Shyamalan movie, to be honest.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Well sooorry. I thought this was a real thing, not some random thing out of some obscure book.

So... let me get this straight: a 2000-year-old magic carpenter zombie is going to come back, beam some people up, then blow up the earth or set it on fire or something?

That sounds like a bad M. Night Shyamalan movie, to be honest.

Well, you're a bit off, and you have some misinterpretations but the general idea is correct. :3 2000-year-old magic carpenter zombie coming back to save us and fight? Yeah, try again.

In other words: I agree with you, Gary.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • I don't believe in the rapture as told by the Left Behind series. I believe that the world will end and God will come back and create a new earth and all of his followers will live there. I don't believe in the reign of the devil for a thousand years or whatever. But I'm not totally against it either. If it happens that way, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    I don't believe in the rapture as told by the Left Behind series. I believe that the world will end and God will come back and create a new earth and all of his followers will live there. I don't believe in the reign of the devil for a thousand years or whatever. But I'm not totally against it either. If it happens that way, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

Actually.... the rapture happens, then seven years of tribulation happen when God dishes out plagues, and the anti-christ persecutes people, and then a 1000 year reign of Christ on Earth.

That's what premillenial dispensationalists believe (they wrote the Left Behindbooks.)

That is the plot of the Left Behind books so you are mostly accurate.

Back