• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you think is above Elm's lab?

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    It's either Elm's lab, or it doesn't actually lead into a room.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I'm assuming it's merely his house, his got to live somewhere right?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    you probably cant get into the room (if there even is a room up there) until u do something special (aka beat the elite four, get the national dex, etc.)

Well there is a room up there as we've seen stairs leading up to it from the CoroCoro scans and Pokémon Sunday shows. Though, what you said about it being a locked room until after we accomplish something is what I as thinking as well. Pokémon always has a knack for locking some rooms of the game and only being able to access it after doing something. For example, in RSE we have a locked backroom in Mossdeep City in an old man's house, which I believe was access to Mini Games with friends [I'm not sure as I never got to try it]. In DPPt of Canalave City we had a locked room that I believe could have only been accessed through a special event of the sort. Anyway, this is a very good possibility.

I'm assuming it's merely his house, his got to live somewhere right?

Well he does have a house in the originals, but we just never see him there because tehy stuck the poor Professor in his lab all the time. Anyway, yeah it could be his new house [Like >Feeling< stated before] while his old house in the orignal games could be the new location of the supporting female/male. There are a lot of pssibilites on this and it is definitely an interesting case to figure. Maybe, we'll learn what it is before the game is relased, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Whatever it is, it's probably special and you can't rech it until you beat the Pokemon League!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Whatever it is, it's probably special and you can't rech it until you beat the Pokemon League!

I wouldn't exactly jump to it not being an available room until we beat the Elite. The reason why is because we don't exactly know what it is. It just may possibly be his new home or even just a simple room with books of the sort just to keep us guessing until we get the game. Like I said. the possbibilities of it are endless, but I wouldn't automatically jump to a direct conclusion of it as yet.

Ayselipera

It's probably nothing. Actually, it's probably one of those things that they put in the game to annoy people, by wondering what it is in the massive lead up to the game.
    So yeah. Is nothing ;3

I have to agree with you. Its probably just a
    simple room that doesn't have much of a purpose.
    Just an edition.

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
    You know, I have a good, solid idea. Maybe, to get the national dex, you need to see ALL of the G/S pokemon. ALL of them, including Celebi. So, perhaps because you can't get it in game, the upstairs is just a room fool of bookcases, but has a telescope at a window one one side. Maybe, if you look through that telescope, it is pointing at Ilex forest and says

"-protagonists name here- looked through the telescope... what's this? A green pokemon is flying though Ilex forest!" and then it'll show you a picture of Celebi to add it to your pokedex. I also have another idea. If the idea I just outlines is true, I think it would be good if looking through the telescope normally would just say "..... Ilex forest can be seen in the distance." and then stop, but the 'Celebi' thing will only activate when you've seen all the other pokemon, so you can see celebi, and once you have, Elm will come up, suprised to find you here, thinkning you're here to show him your pokedex, and then you'll show him it, he'll see you've seen all Johto pokemon, and then he'll take you downstaris where Oak will walk and and upgrade the pokedex.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    What if it was a mini Mart? ;) You could buy items there...or! You could get Poke Seals for your Pokeballs up there? That would be awesome.

It's probably where Elm goes when his wife is in a bad mood. XD

Spoiler:
    yeah and if its not his room its like an incubator where he keeps the Pokemon eggs he studies

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Maybe there is no second floor, and the stairs are there for show.

If this were to happen, then rather than moaning about it, I'd simply laugh. It would remind me of all the speculations we've been doing right here in this one thread. I mean, yeah it'll be pretty crucial to just mock us with stairs, but still I'll learn to laugh at it as I reference back to these days. Good thought, and you know what? It could even be possible. If not, then maybe it is just a simple library, his new home, the place where Silver gets to steal his starter, or something else GameFreak may end up thinking of.

Years
    If this were to happen, then rather than moaning about it, I'd simply laugh. It would remind me of all the speculations we've been doing right here in this one thread. I mean, yeah it'll be pretty crucial to just mock us with stairs, but still I'll learn to laugh at it as I reference back to these days. Good thought, and you know what? It could even be possible. If not, then maybe it is just a simple library, his new home, the place where Silver gets to steal his starter, or something else GameFreak may end up thinking of.

Thanks. Though, I honestly believe it has to do with the Silver plot to have it make more sense. Last time he stole the starter, I was wondering how he did it. I thought Elm and the scientist went outside or to Elm's house for lunch/ supper while Silver snuck in to steal a starter. Now with the stairs, it makes a lot more sense, and it tells us how it happened. (I must say, I really like those stairs. His lab looks really nice. & New Gold/Girls' house looks gorgeous as well. It somehow reminds me of pirates...idk why...maybe the blue?)

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Since they already said the opposite gender character plays a part in the story, maybe they moved Elm's family to the place above his lab, and put the opposite gender character's family in his old house?

Dr. James

Experimenting
    Years
    Since they already said the opposite gender character plays a part in the story, maybe they moved Elm's family to the place above his lab, and put the opposite gender character's family in his old house?

Yes, I would go for this answer. Perhaps when you enter Elm's lab you find that he's not there, and you have to go upstairs. In there you may find Elm when he gets his MR. POKEMON's e-mail (in a Crystal fashion).

Back