• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Do You Think Is Hoding Up the 5th Generation of Pokemon?

What will be your final awnser?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    If Advance Wars DS 2 remains as any viable indication, Nintendo are just like that — they'll announce something only close to the time of its release.

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
  • I would like to have a Gold Silver Remake.... Yes, since a few years everyone want that, but I have the faith it will come soon XD

Kyle Hyde

The one who comes and goes
    Years
  • I think it's the remake. Imagine how DP would be if there wasn't a R/B remake to hold them up until the DS succeeded a little. They might have been GBA games 0_o Or they might possibly be thinking about it, since we're already packed with 493 Pokemon and 560 (close estimate if they make it) would be too much. The region would have to be made bigger than D/P/Plat for it to be better. And since in Platinum, there are 210 Pokemon (in D/P 151, Sinnoh Dex) there would have to be at least 340 Pokemon (Normal Dex) or so to make it fair and not have to transfer many Pokemon from the old games.

NDS525

-NO SIGNAL-
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    They do need a G/S remake, that was my favorite gen.

(Just wait for the 3rd gen remake!)

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • I think it's the remake. Imagine how DP would be if there wasn't a R/B remake to hold them up until the DS succeeded a little. They might have been GBA games 0_o Or they might possibly be thinking about it, since we're already packed with 493 Pokemon and 560 (close estimate if they make it) would be too much. The region would have to be made bigger than D/P/Plat for it to be better. And since in Platinum, there are 210 Pokemon (in D/P 151, Sinnoh Dex) there would have to be at least 340 Pokemon (Normal Dex) or so to make it fair and not have to transfer many Pokemon from the old games.

It's not like we can transfer any other previous generation Pokemon with the new Nintendo DSi...

...Just look at the Guitar Hero DS game:
    Spoiler:

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • Definitely the Gold/Silver remake. I think all regular DSi games will work on a DSlite too so as long as I don't get the DSi it could still import, lol. Maybe Nintendo likes kicking themselves in the foot? xD;

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    It's not like we can transfer any other previous generation Pokemon with the new Nintendo DSi...

It's safe to assume that that is a non-issue for anyone posting on this board.

I know why, as to the OP. The 4th gen isn't complete. Plat has yet to come out in much of the world. The last movie hasn't been released anywhere.

[/end thread].

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • It's safe to assume that that is a non-issue for anyone posting on this board.

I know why, as to the OP. The 4th gen isn't complete. Plat has yet to come out in much of the world. The last movie hasn't been released anywhere.

[/end thread].

The last movie has been recently released in the U.S. as a DVD.

It's safe to assume that that is a non-issue for anyone posting on this board.

I was not talking about the forum in general, I was also considering those who bought/will buy the new DSi.

[/end reasonable argument]

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
  • It's not like we can transfer any other previous generation Pokemon with the new Nintendo DSi...

...Just look at the Guitar Hero DS game:
    Spoiler:
    Wow, that would be pretty messed up now since the DSi can't take that.

Definitely the Gold/Silver remake. I think all regular DSi games will work on a DSlite too so as long as I don't get the DSi it could still import, lol. Maybe Nintendo likes kicking themselves in the foot? xD;
    There is a DSi service on WiFi when you download GBA games from your points. You may have already knew that. I still got my old DS, I will get the DSi, hopefully. Most Pokemon fans enjoyed the 2nd generation of Pokemon. But I love 3rd Gen the best.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • Then we're two of a kind, I totally agree Hoenn was the best region out of all of them! ;)

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • Wow, that would be pretty messed up now since the DSi can't take that.

There is a DSi service on WiFi when you download GBA games from your points. You may have already knew that. I still got my old DS, I will get the DSi, hopefully. Most Pokemon fans enjoyed the 2nd generation of Pokemon. But I love 3rd Gen the best.

Still though, one wouldn't want to waste points (aka. money) just to transfer some Pokemon.
    Not to mention, one would have to earn those Pokemon from scratch.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    The last movie has been recently released in the U.S. as a DVD.

The last movie of the generation. Not the most recent. Movie 12 isn't set to be released until the summer.

I was not talking about the forum in general, I was also considering those who bought/will buy the new DSi.

But think about it: There's 15 million or so copies of D/P lying around with people who already own a Ds or DS Lite. For those 15 million, it's a non-issue. And theres' no reason DS/DS Lite to DSi trading can't happen (probably just use the Union Room).

It's safe to assume that any newcomers to the franchise who only own the DSi won't own or care about the 3rd gen games.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
  • EDIT: Hated Hoenn region. hated. it. so. much. The pokemon were barely pokemon :(
    Too much ocean routes to surf on!11!!
    It was too much of a jump from Crystal. it lost the old pokemon feel everyone
    loved and cherished...

Ever since Running Shoes were patented in Pokemon, there's been an expected pattern.
    3rd Gen - 1st Gen Remake
    4th Gen - 2nd Gen Remake (PLSZS)
    5th Gen - 3rd Gen Remake (PLSZS NO)
    6th Gen - 4th Gen Remake (already?)

It's kind of odd to just introduce FR/LG and then kill off the remakes, if you ask me.
    But then again, thats why they spent bloody sweat and sweaty blood (and money)
    in to Colosseum (Johto Pokemon) and XD: GoD (just noticed that acronym, and Kanto Pokemon)

If you ask me, Pokemon Revolution was rushed (they even said they had limited time)
    so I think a there'll be a Pokemon XD: Something Something (Colon after the XD, people! usually
    means ONE of the parts). But still, something tugs me about re-introducing Johto's.
    I'm not 100% sure of a Johto remake though... It does involve kanto, which we already played
    (BUT NOT WITH 3D AWESOME DS GRAPHIX!11!!!ONEONE).. All we can do is hope.

I selected other. Has anyone else noticed a small pattenr in legendaries?
    Most of them represent something.

Articuno - Blizzard
    Zapdos - Thunderstorms
    Moltres - Volcano Eruption
    =
    Natural Disasters (?)

Lugia - Night
    Ho-Oh - Day
    Celebi - Time Warp
    =
    Time (of day)

Kyogre - Flood
    Groudon - Drought
    Rayquaza - ..sky?
    =
    Extreme Weather

Dialga - Time
    Palkia - Space
    Giratina - Dimension
    Arceus - God of Pokemon
    =
    Higher Beings.

What's holding up the 5th generation? isn't it obvious?
    First it was as simple as harsh weather, to day and night, to conquering oceans
    and land, to ruling spatial-temporal crap. And finally, Arceus. The God and creator
    of all pokemon and the land.

It's not "What's holding up 5th Gen?"
    It's "What's higher than a God?"

all just my opinion.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • But think about it: There's 15 million or so copies of D/P lying around with people who already own a Ds or DS Lite. For those 15 million, it's a non-issue. And theres' no reason DS/DS Lite to DSi trading can't happen (probably just use the Union Room).

It's safe to assume that any newcomers to the franchise who only own the DSi won't own or care about the 3rd gen games.

But think about it: "Oh no! My DS Lite broke! Now I'm screwed!"

I wouldn't want to be wasting time by going on Ebay and bidding for a DS Lite.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    My answer for this question would be that I think Gamefreak would want to perserve the fifth generation games for the next Nintendo handheld system as well as reveal a fifth generation Pokemon after it is announced.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im assuming with all of the hinting towards Johto region, that is the next place in which they will take us. many new fans have never played there so it will basically be new, and the proof lays within the newest movie, introducing the Johto starters as new Pokemon.

Back